Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 217243 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #450 on: April 21, 2015, 04:35:46 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tt7RG3UR4c this is the best 1:20 especially
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeSyHgO5fmQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_8cynWnAw8
ME:Recrute
25 Cultists(and any I recruited): Go through the paperwork to make K.I. a registered company and put up a K.I. website.
75 Cultists: use investor money to set up liquid metal recycling and shaping equipment in the
25 Cultists: Use stand to ask students if they want to help build a solar death ray.
75 Cultists and any students: try building the furnace again, refer them to the above videos and remind them that fresnel lenses are found in old TVs(www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7dvd959wfg)that may be found in the junkyard and that mirrors aren't that expensive.
50 Cultists: bring the orb of stalwart back.

I assume the stand is meant to be recruiting
Recruutng: [1] Shit, those aren't allies... (+55 inquisitors)
Making company: [3] They register the name and make a basic website, then go off to have lunch. They don't really get much done past that. (Kitten Industries made, basic website made)
Setting up stuff: [4] The recycling line and metal shaping are set up in the
Building: [2] "You're a kitten so I can understand if you're not that good with metallurgy, but I'm telling you man, a regular forge would be much better than this fancy sun-trapper. It might be possible but the sun is a really unreliable energy source, we'd only be able to use the forge at certain times of the day without having to constantly readjust it and without some excellent machinery it just wouldn't be viable. Not to mention we'd never be able to do it at night without artificial lights, and if we completely melted the metal we would be opening a whole can of worms with crystallizing and air bubbles when it cools that we could just avoid with simple heat. Really some of this scrap is pliable enough that we could probably bang out some rough tools and weapons in a day if we just had a few hammers, so the forge probably isn't necessary to begin with.

Don't get me wrong, we love you man, you want us to build a lollipop tower to the moon then we'll try our damnedest, but I just want to make sure you're aware that this light furnace would be hamstringing our production capacity more than just getting fuel or trying to make weapons now would."
This argument ends up taking the entire day and nothing really gets done.
((This isn't an actual "scrapyard", it's a field with a bunch of scrap metal strewn around, you're not going to find any technology here, just cans, pipes and the like. I'm aware the sun is in fact hot enough, its a quintillion mile wide ball of fire for fuck's sake, but you wanted the "smart guy" cultists and you haven't been rolling well enough on the forge rolls to actually get what you want, so I have to come up with explanations for why. I know there's a reason solar forges haven't taken off in the real world, I just haven't bothered to actually look it up.))

Beg for mercy again.
Cultists: Fight the bad PR, and continue campaigning.

Beg for mercy: [3] They decide to let you off easier this turn but they're still resisting your incursion. (inquisitors ease up this turn)
politics: [6] they are rampant in their arguments and end up making you look worse overall (PR now bad)

Inquisitors: Recruit
[5] They manage to perform their speeches and gather a wealth of followers. Some of them may think it's just a political party, but they won't be in the dark for long... (+120 inquisitors)

TROG: 50 anarchist cultists, 50 lightly armed anarchist cultists, 30 inquisitors, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, partially gathered dragon blood, sleeps through next turn

TROG: Dream about Smashing things!
25 lightly armed Anarchist Cultists: Recruit More Cultists!
25 lightly armed Anarchist Cultists: Make more Spears!
50 Anarchist Cultists: Keep Gathering the Dragon Blood!

Dream: [2] Your sleep is like your love life as a freakish bug-gorilla: barren and dull
Recruit: [5] they do an excellent job of recruiting more people to join your side. Though with their limited numbers it is only a modest amount overall (+50 cultists)
Make weapons: [4] They make enough weapons for a few of the other cultists who are out gathering to be armed. (25 cultists lightly armed)
Gathering: [no roll] They finish gathering the plants and have enough dragon blood for the ritual. (gained dragon blood)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 21, 2015, 04:37:59 pm »

~Carp-al tunnel~
you also never said it wasn't inhabited until now so could you do a "mind retcon"
What? It's still a partial success so you're not turning into a beard-slaying carp regardless, is it really that important to you that there are people inside?

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 21, 2015, 05:44:35 pm »

I assume that my cultists have put the standard metal recycler in                                                                                                (lol)the bunker.
Me+100 cultists: Recrute.
100 cultists: Set up some molds for metal bars and various metal things to sell and some molds for weapon parts then get the recycler connected to them.
50 Cultists: Get summoning ingredients from Anthaju, for trade the 50 cultists now work for him(An alliance works 2 ways remeber.).

There, no huge list of actions.
also when is the end of turn summary?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 05:59:07 pm by Evonix »
Has descended into madness

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 21, 2015, 05:47:55 pm »

Recruit more cultists
Cultists: Improve PR.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 21, 2015, 06:46:32 pm »

End of Turn 5.
score:
Unescargot: 130 cultists, 5 high morale empowered wealthy cultists, 5 annoyed empowered wealthy cultists, 2 veterans, has a fortress with malevolent architecture, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, host of ihatecarp.com, knows ritual of fading strength, 10 inquisitors in high places, 60 inquisitors

Tavern wench: 45 cultists, 50 recognizable cultists, well known, bad PR, 160 inquisitors, 5 inquisitors in high places, inquisitors active

TROG: 75 anarchist cultists, 75 lightly armed anarchist cultists, 30 inquisitors, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood

Anthaju(uninjured): summoned, 175 cultists, 75 armed trained cultists, 75 assassin cultists (in jail), has a shoddy base, access to Orb of Stalwart 1, has dragon blood, allies with Rabe via diplomatic power, has weighed Unescargot, can get poison easily, 5 slow strong mummy inquisitors

Koshu: 487 cultists, 100 empowered cultists, has a shoddy base, mixed PR, satellite launched, has spaceship components, 45 inquisitors

Rabe: 250 cultists, has sturdy base, metal recycler and shaper set up, KI website and company set up, posters put up, campaign for president started, has a bunch of metal, has bricks and concrete, access to Orb of Stalwart 5, investors on standby, 85 inquisitors

CARP: 245 cultists, 10 jester cultists, 10 depressed cultists, has a bunch of fish, has surrounded an unstable apartment complex with dead fish, has plagued California with carp, destroyed the focus stone, 35 inquisitors, inquisitors active, inquisitors destroyed Orb of Stalwart 3

Rosabel: 55 cultists, 50 cultists with cancer, 100 slightly healthier cultists, good PR, access to Orbs of Stalwart 4, access to Orb of Storms 1, has dragon blood, 50 inquisitors

((It's official, now TW has more inquisitors than followers...))

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 21, 2015, 06:50:55 pm »

Heh heh... I may now be mortal, but I have more power in this world than my rivals... you know what that means? That means fun things are going to happen soon.

Me: Work with the carps inquisitors and active the purge! Death to the carp! Nevermind, I have bigger fish to fry, pun intended. Purge the Trogdor before he gets summoned!
125 cultists: Try to upgrade the house doing whatever you can!
50 dudes: Ask the kitten for good public relations as well for those summoning ingredients; I already have quite a few cultists.
50 guys with guns: Prison breakout! Retrieve assassin guys!
25 people with pistols: Attack the carps Trogs cultists! From a distance of course. And remember the blindfold was a stupid idea.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 09:28:49 am by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 21, 2015, 06:58:16 pm »

Disregard earlier action post.

Me and 50 cultists: Recruit more generic people to join my cult.
80 cultists: Retrieve Orb of Stalwart 2 and bring it back to death-trap fortress.
((It won't kill me right?))
5 wealthy cultists: Fund retrieval of Orb of Stalwart 2. (Hauling equipment, vehicles, whatnot.)
2 military veteran cultists: Supervise the ones getting the Orb of Stalwart, make sure they don't break it or die to the traps in the fortress.
((Just in case))
5 other wealthy cultists: Hire journalists to work on ihatecarp.com to write articles about the carp plague caused by carp thing.

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 21, 2015, 07:29:15 pm »

~Carp-al tunnel~
you also never said it wasn't inhabited until now so could you do a "mind retcon"
What? It's still a partial success so you're not turning into a beard-slaying carp regardless, is it really that important to you that there are people inside?
But I want to eeat dwwwaaaarves  :'(
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 21, 2015, 07:35:45 pm »

desert guy you seem to be asking me for summoning ingredients so can you clearly say that you are giving me them before the GM goes?
PS: I will give you good PR.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 21, 2015, 07:39:10 pm »

I give you dragon blood, you give me 50 cultists and good PR.
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 22, 2015, 07:55:50 am »

Can you transport the orb too?

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 22, 2015, 08:03:24 am »

Rabe: 250 cultists, has sturdy base, metal recycler and shaper set up, KI website and company set up, posters put up, campaign for president started, has a bunch of metal, has bricks and concrete, access to Orb of Stalwart 5, investors on standby, 85 inquisitors
carrot cakeu

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 22, 2015, 08:17:12 am »

As I recall I never managed to move it anywhere, I guess I can transport my cultists+dragons blood to it.

What I'm worried about is that I am very squishy, mostly I want the ingredients so I can be summoned on demand.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 08:55:41 am by Evonix »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 22, 2015, 09:09:22 am »

TROG: 75 anarchist cultists, 75 lightly armed anarchist cultists, 30 inquisitors, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood

TROG: Telepathically Recruit some Like-Minded Individuals to be Cultists! That is, Rage Prone Psychopaths.
50 anarchist Cultists: SUMMON TROG!
25 anarchist Cultists: Try and Boost TROG'S Reputation Using the Stone-Age Version of the Internet, Rockernet!
75 lightly armed anarchist Cultists: Train to be as Strong as The Ancestors!

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 22, 2015, 10:30:19 am »

We should have done this earlier but if TROG fails being summoned then we need to get a banishing ritual.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 121