Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 217200 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #465 on: April 22, 2015, 02:24:03 pm »

"HAHAHAHHAHAHA! SQUISHY HORRORS TRY TO STOP TROG! TROG WILL SMASH THEM, JUST AS SOON AS TROG FINISHES COFFEE BREAK!"

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 22, 2015, 02:36:12 pm »

Turn 6 actions:
Sob about the deaths of my followers.
Continue trying to heal the cancerous cultists.
25 cultists: bury the dead 25 cultists and hold a mass funeral. A pity I cannot raise the dead easily.
All the other cultists, recruit.
If Koshu gets through, thank him and listen to his thoughts on space.

Once every malevolent being is finished I am happy with merely staying in the background as a force for good. Of course, that's if I'm left alive. I want to go about my work intact, thank you very much.
thincake

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 22, 2015, 10:15:25 pm »

Turn 6 actions:
137 cultists: secure Orb of Stalwart. Possibly by moving it to the base.
100 empowered cultists: build and launch a more sophisticated satellite. (We will hold off on manned launches for the time being.)
100 cultists: continue construction and fortification of the base. If second launch is successful, put up some signs for Koshu Aerospace.
Koshu: Use telepathy to console The Smiling One. (Edit: that is, try to give Smiley some of my boundless optimism and hope for expanding civilization throughout the stars.) If that is not possible (It should be possible, since telepathy does not have a range limit, but interdimensional effects are wierd like that.), assist with recruiting.
250 cultists: recruit.

Edit: knew I forgot something.
Edit 2: ordering.

Secure orb: [3] They haul a big ball of nothing back to the base. When you ask them to explain themselves they say they don't know where any Orb of Stalwart is so they just got sandwiches instead. (You don't actually have access to an orb because you never found one, my bad for not checking the score properly)
SPAAACE: [1] OM NOM NOM SO TASTY OH WAIT OH GOD THIS TECHNOLOGY HURTS WHY WOULD WE DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS? (-20 empowered cultists, lose some spaceship parts)
Buildin buildin buildin!: [5] They build a grand wall and electric fence around the shack they live in. It is now the most well defended shitty area in the game, congratulations. The launch was a flub but they make the sign anyway, they'll hang it up when they actually accomplish something. (base is excellently defended)
Consolery: [2] You try to tell Smiley that everything is going to be ok, but you can't seem to get her to respond on psi-net, maybe it's the dead body you have as an avatar...
Recrootin: [3] They manage to bring some people in, but for 250 people it's not that impressive a haul (+125 cultists)

Turn 6 actions:
Sob about the deaths of my followers.
Continue trying to heal the cancerous cultists.
25 cultists: bury the dead 25 cultists and hold a mass funeral. A pity I cannot raise the dead easily.
All the other cultists, recruit.
If Koshu gets through, thank him and listen to his thoughts on space.

Once every malevolent being is finished I am happy with merely staying in the background as a force for good. Of course, that's if I'm left alive. I want to go about my work intact, thank you very much.

((You might want to train some of your followers in your majiks once you are summoned, given how the game's worked so far there won't be much left of you once the game ends but your goal could be accomplished posthumously...))
RAGE MEND: [2] This power seems to be a bit unreliable at this range, maybe you should try to get summoned. Don't worry, cancer is a slow killer.
Due to the dead: [5] They bury their idiot friends who got themselves killed over a stupid crystal ball *sniff*. Some of the attendees are touched by their emotions and offer support in any way they can (+sympathy points?)
RECRUUUT: [3] They find people to join the cause of goodwill and health. It wasn't hard but apparently they could only find a few people the lazy bastards
Listen (technically not an action): [3] You read the messages he leaves, but the dead body he has for an avatar just keeps reminding you of your poor cultists and you can't control yourself enough to respond.

turn five six(oops):
Me: turn the foundation of that apartment building into carp very suddenly hopefully the occupants will scream and i'll become a DF carp
10 jester: cultist's do the same thing as last time
50 cultists: research a spell to summon water
10 depressed cultists : each of you gets extra carp at the feast of carp i will throw for you.
10 cultists: get some more food than carp for the feast make everybody happy
50 cultists: get an orb of stalwart
50 cultists: get dragons blood
50 cultists: stay on standby indefinitely to perform the summoning ritual as soon as the materials are gained (on the same turn)
the rest: get weapons preferably carp themed like a carp shaped water gun with leftover dragons blood in it.
10 cultists: make carp themed armor.

Second verse, same as the first: [6] MWAHAHA! They sid it couldn't be done, but now you've turned into the most nefarious monster the world has ever seen: The DF carp! (new character sheet, you can't do some of the things you used to be able to, but you can do different things now)
Spoiler: DF carp (click to show/hide)
recruit: [4] They Dance their little hearts out to the audience and bring several comers to your cause (+20 cultists)
research: [4] They find a ritual to summon rain. It requires at least 50 people to perform.
FOOD: [6] Good news: they found some meat that's not fish. Bad news: the meat found them. (-10 cultists)
Orb: [4] they manage to find an Orb of Stalwart, and mark it out so they can find it again (found Orb of Stalwart 5)
Dragon blood: [3] They manage to find some dragon blood, but need another turn of work to get enough for the ritual (partially gathered dragon blood)
summoning: [no roll] Even if you did get all the materials, this ritual takes time to set up, you can't just get summoned all willy-nilly, they have to paint a ritual circle around a giant orb in plant goo for crier's sake. You'll get out of that rathole of a planet soon enough, be patient.
Weapons: [4] They "find" some weapons. Nothing carp themed sadly, unless you consider a gun that could be used to shoot carp as being "carp-themed" (25 cultists armed).
Armor (gonna assume it's meant for them and not you): [4] They make 10 sets of armor. This is nowhere near enough for your legion. (10 sets of armor created)

Inquisitors: destroy the orb, the accursed fish cannot be allowed to surface!
[4] there are just enough of them to chuck the Orb of Stalwart over a cliff. It shatters on impact, along with your dreams of escaping your annoying planet. And Rabe's for that matter, since that was his orb too (Orb of Stalwart 5 destroyed).

((Sorry guys, I don't have time to do the rest tonight, it's the end of the semester and stuff is kinda busy, but I should have this turn done by Friday.))

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 22, 2015, 10:36:36 pm »

Secure orb: [3] They haul a big ball of nothing back to the base. When you ask them to explain themselves they say they don't know where any Orb of Stalwart is so they just got sandwiches instead. (You don't actually have access to an orb because you never found one, my bad for not checking the score properly)
((Note to self: "locate and" is apparently not implicit.))

SPAAACE: [1] OM NOM NOM SO TASTY OH WAIT OH GOD THIS TECHNOLOGY HURTS WHY WOULD WE DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS? (-20 empowered cultists, lose some spaceship parts)
Aaand there goes our perfect workplace safety record. Sigh.

Buildin buildin buildin!: [5] They build a grand wall and electric fence around the shack they live in. It is now the most well defended shitty area in the game, congratulations. The launch was a flub but they make the sign anyway, they'll hang it up when they actually accomplish something. (base is excellently defended)
Well, I had hoped for improvements to the actual base, but exellent work nonetheless; good job.

Consolery: [2] You try to tell Smiley that everything is going to be ok, but you can't seem to get her to respond on psi-net, maybe it's the dead body you have as an avatar...
Source corpse thereof? "-20 empowered cultists". Disappointment/dismay.

Listen (technically not an action): [3] You read the messages he leaves, but the dead body he has for an avatar just keeps reminding you of your poor cultists and you can't control yourself enough to respond.
Koshu is not a he, actually. And a giant chunk of glass for that matter.

[4] there are just enough of them to chuck the Orb of Stalwart over a cliff. It shatters on impact, along with your dreams of escaping your annoying planet. And Rabe's for that matter, since that was his orb too (Orb of Stalwart 5 destroyed).
Oh for crap's sakes. CARP! Deal with your damn inquisitors already!
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 22, 2015, 10:49:48 pm »

Well, I had hoped for improvements to the actual base, but exellent work nonetheless; good job.
Well, technically nobody can see how shoddy it is now with the big wall around it...

I'm surprised he didn't just turn them into piles of carp as soon as they activated... And now he can't :P

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 23, 2015, 01:31:19 am »

Smiley should have had angst powers instead :P

Anyway, those giant glass shards look a little bit like dead bodies if you squint and turn your head upsife-down.
thincake

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 23, 2015, 01:47:47 am »

those giant glass shards look a little bit like dead bodies if you squint and turn your head upsife-down.
Confusion?
*Squints.* Crap, they do.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 23, 2015, 01:50:12 am »

Oh, [a dead body] is his avatar on the psychic Internet, that's why.
thincake

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 23, 2015, 07:20:55 am »

* for carp's sake. and yeah but it does work to stop other horror's summoning.
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 23, 2015, 07:21:28 am »

Disregard earlier action post.

Me and 50 cultists: Recruit more generic people to join my cult.
80 cultists: Retrieve Orb of Stalwart 2 and bring it back to death-trap fortress.
((It won't kill me right?))
5 wealthy cultists: Fund retrieval of Orb of Stalwart 2. (Hauling equipment, vehicles, whatnot.)
2 military veteran cultists: Supervise the ones getting the Orb of Stalwart, make sure they don't break it or die to the traps in the fortress.
((Just in case))
5 other wealthy cultists: Hire journalists to work on ihatecarp.com to write articles about the carp plague caused by carp thing.

((Ahem. My Turn 6 post. Unless you already rolled for this and I didn't see. Also score 2 to 0 for ihatecarp.com vs. carp.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 23, 2015, 07:24:33 am »

((Sorry guys, I don't have time to do the rest tonight, it's the end of the semester and stuff is kinda busy, but I should have this turn done by Friday.))
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 23, 2015, 07:29:33 am »

turn 7
a third of my cultist's:get away from the rest and TURN ME BACK you will be dubbed cultist`s of the carp plane until I can be turned back do not follow me except for this command until I am turned back you have the jester cultists
a third of my cultist's:get away from the rest and TURN ME BACK you will be dubbed cultist`s of the holy glub until I can be turned back do not follow me except for this command until I am turned back
a third of my cultist's:get away from the rest and TURN ME BACK you will be dubbed cultist`s of the final carp until I can be turned backdo not follow me except for this command until I am turned back  you will be my chosen when I get summoned

the final remnants of my former self: carry out these commands, realize that ihatecarp.com shouldn`t work because normal people should think I`m a cod, call out to all horrors to turn me back this monsters only goal is to kill i wish to rule however this monster is now me please turn me back.
Rabe: take control if necessary, to turn me back
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 03:44:55 pm by carp »

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 23, 2015, 07:39:49 am »

Edit: also, you made a character entirely based on carp, with the word carp making up about 50% of the description, insane rambling is sort of a given

my profile is now entirely carp themed.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 23, 2015, 07:51:03 am »

"TROG IS FINISHED WITH COFFEE BREAK!"

TROG: Telepathically Recruit some Like-Minded Individuals to be Cultists! That is, Rage Prone Psychopaths.
50 anarchist Cultists: SUMMON TROG!
25 anarchist Cultists: Try and Boost TROG'S Reputation Using the Stone-Age Version of the Internet, Rockernet!
75 lightly armed anarchist Cultists: Train to be as Strong as The Ancestors!

[/quote]

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 23, 2015, 10:44:28 am »

Turn 7 actions:
162 cultists and 80 empowered cultists: locate and secure Orb of Stalwart. Preferably by moving it to the base.
100 cultists: continue construction and fortification of the base. Preferably the actual base itself.
Koshu and 350 cultists: recruit.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 121