Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 217254 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #690 on: May 03, 2015, 02:05:53 pm »

Me: Mini-action: talk to Rabe's inquisitors and offer to help them purge her.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 03, 2015, 05:04:54 pm »

Me: Mini-action: talk to Rabe's inquisitors and offer to help them purge her.
"Tough luck, Fluffy! You're a day late and a dollar short! Rabe's already been summoned and we sure as hell don't know how to make her leave! If you can get her gone somehow, we'll be sure to perform the purge asap to keep her out."

If only they had some kind of banishment spell...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 03, 2015, 06:40:28 pm »

Give Rabe's inquisitors the "banishment" ritual on the condition that they help get rid of my own inquisitors.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 03, 2015, 10:27:14 pm »

Koshu: [irrelevant] He's been dissipated, he's not taking orders right now.
washy washy dust: [3] Some of them get the dust off themselves, but others resist because they think the water is magma (half of cultists no longer hallucinating)

Inquisitors: Ruin the spaceship components
[4] They attack the outer wall of your defenses. their numbers and weapons manage to break a hole, but your cultists drive them off before they get to your stuff (defenses breached)

((I think that's all of the ones that have been posted...))

Can we get a turn summary for turn 12?

Turn 13 actions (assuming the turn summary matches what I expect):
hallucinating cultists: wash away the dust.
half of non-hallucinating cultists: repair our defenses.
other half of non-hallucinating cultists: improve our PR.
Koshu: if Puff-Puff is back together, telepathically compel Puff-Puff to spread dust around Unescargot's base. If not, assist with PR.

See
Revised turn 13 actions
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 03:13:27 pm by InsaneRationalist »
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 04, 2015, 05:46:00 pm »

I think we still have one more, but I have another exam on Wednesday so I'll more the turn forward without him on Thursday if TROG hasn't posted... I don't know if he posted actions already but it probably won't make much difference...

It's either a long wait now fro the turn to end or a wait between starting the turn and having the actions done, I don't know if it's better like this but this way there's more time to get all the actions done...

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 07, 2015, 11:41:18 am »

TROG lies still in his grave. GOEAR bleeds out. (GOEAR is dead)

Humanity
Attack GORT's mummies:
[1] Some of the older soldiers get aged and mummified when they approach. The others are so freaked out that they flee. (+25 mummies)

Attack CARP's... nothing... I guess:
[2] They don't attack your nothing.

End of Turn 12.
score:
Unescargot (uninjured): summoned, getting old
-cultists: 290 cultists, 50 trained cultists, 5 high morale empowered cultists, 5 annoyed empowered cultists, 8 cultists in high places, 3 veterans, professional journalist hirelings
-Items: book with power swap ritual, damaged base with malevolent architecture
-Inquisitors: 10 inquisitors in high places, 215 inquisitors, inquisitorial demolition hirelings, inquisitors active
-Other: host of ihatecarp.com, knows ritual of fading strength, knows "banishing" ritual, moderately bad PR, knows power swap ritual
--Puff Puff (dispersed): nothing (and will probably never have anything)

Tavern wench:
-cultists: 260 cultists
-Items: Precariously perched base
-Inquisitors: 60 inquisitors, 80 well trained inquisitors, 50 lightly armed inquisitors, 5 inquisitors in high places
-Other: well known, very good PR, leaderly campaign started well, refugee organization made
--Crux the mad (DEAD): killed 10% of Earth's population

TROG (DEAD): summoned
-cultists:
-Problems: afflicted with 10 plagues of egypt (7), despised by humanity, lice infestation
-Items: has dragon blood
--GORT(DEAD): 75 mummies, being attacked by flies
--KONG(lightly wounded): nothing

Anthaju(uninjured): summoned
-cultists: 100 cultists, 50 assassin cultists, 5 weak mummies
-Items: has a pyramid with a shoddy shack on top for a base, has dragon blood, has money, prepared "banishment" ritual, has metal
-Inquisitors: 60 inquisitors, inquisitors have a dam, inquisitors activated
-Other: has weighed Unescargot and TROG, knows "banishing" ritual, destroyed Orb of Stalwart 4, knows ritual of fusion

Koshu:
-Cultists: 51 cultists hallucinating like crazy from pink dust, 101 cultists, 200 cultists heavily armed, 80 empowered cultists
-Items: has a tool shed base with excellent defences (breached), has a few spaceship components,
-Inquisitors: 250 armed inquisitors, inquisitors activated
-Other: mixed PR, satellite launched, knows "cascade" ritual, partially researched sacrificial summoning ritual

Rabe (uninjured): summoned
-Cultists: 735 cultists, 10 hallucinating cultists, 50 old cultists, 30 lightly armed cultists, 40 recognizable cultists, 10 cultists in high places
-Items: has lightly damaged sturdy base filled with sudoku problems (several finished), heavily damaged metal recycler and shaper set up, has a bunch of metal, has bricks and concrete, has a bunch of molds/casts for stuff (weapons, armor and missile shells are the important ones)
-Inquisitors: 45 armed inquisitors, inquisitors activated
-Other: KI website and company set up, posters put up, campaign for president started,  destroyed Orb of Stalwart 1, second in command to carp's faction, mixed PR

DF CARP: rather calm, thinks TROG is carp
-Cultists:
-Items: has a bunch of fish, has dragon blood
-Inquisitors: inquisitors destroyed Orbs of Stalwart 3 and 5
-Other: has turned into a DF carp (it's what you always dreamed of),  destroyed the focus stone, going crazy, detested by humanity
--GOEARERKSFLES (DEAD): unending hunger,  mass: 200, physique +2

Rosabel:
Cultists: 113 cultists, 50 assassin cultists, 15 lightly wounded cultists, 50 cultists with cancer, 100 slightly healthier cultists
Items: has dragon blood
Inquisitors: 102 heavily armed inquisitors, inquisitors activated, inquisitors have destroyed Orb of Storms 1 and Orb of Stalwart 2
Other: good PR, has humanity's sympathy, buried the dead

Other: Poison widely available, 10% of Earth's population gone, cascade impossible

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 07, 2015, 03:12:14 pm »

Koshu:
-Cultists: 51 cultists hallucinating like crazy from pink dust, 101 cultists, 200 cultists heavily armed, 80 empowered cultists
-Items: has a tool shed base with excellent defences (breached), has a few spaceship components,
-Inquisitors: 250 armed inquisitors, inquisitors activated
-Other: mixed PR, satellite launched, knows "cascade" ritual, partially researched sacrificial summoning ritual

Revised turn 13 actions:
51 hallucinating cultists: wash away the dust.
200 heavily armed cultists: repair our defenses. Then guard our base.
101 cultists and 80 empowered cultists: improve our PR.
Koshu: if Puff-Puff is back together, telepathically compel Puff-Puff to spread dust around Unescargot's base. If not, assist with PR.
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 07, 2015, 03:39:56 pm »

have i posted my action yet?
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 08, 2015, 11:58:24 am »

49 Old cultists: Kill GORT(I thought he died)
1 old cultist: find puff and wave at him.
500 Cultists: Fix and upgrade the base (Add some lightning rods... and landmines).
100 Cultists and lightly armed cultists: Kill the inquisitors then guard the base when you are done.
100 Cultists: Fix the smelter and make some guns if you have time after, give the guns to the guards.
10 Hallucinating cultists: Make a toy for puff-puff.("and will probably never have anything" is just so depressing)
The rest: Finish the paperwork and fire the nuke at Unescargot.

Anthaju you are lucky I didn't tell my hallucinating cultists that your pyramid is a really nice toilet to use.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 02:16:18 pm by Evonix »
Has descended into madness

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 08, 2015, 01:47:41 pm »

Now then...
Me: Recruit rappers to join my cult!
90 cultists: Repair base!
50 trained cultists and 3 veterans: guard base.
100 cultists: If a certain someone fires a nuke at me, power swap them with carp. Otherwise recruit generics to join my cult.
8 cultists in high places: Do political stuff to help my PR!
100 cultists: Research the location of artifacts that may be useful.
10 cultists who used to be wealthy: invest in businesses with any remaining money you have, become wealthy again.
Journalist hirelings: Write articles about my plans to restore rain to California.

Generic Arms Race.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: May 08, 2015, 03:16:28 pm »

Anthaju you are lucky I didn't tell my hallucinating cultists that your pyramid is a really nice toilet to use.
He did, I could've sworn I changed it on the score sheet to reflect that, but apparently not...

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: May 08, 2015, 05:06:30 pm »

Since everyone wants to play with Puff puff, I'll do this one first...
Now then...
Me: Recruit rappers to join my cult!
90 cultists: Repair base!
50 trained cultists and 3 veterans: guard base.
100 cultists: If a certain someone fires a nuke at me, power swap them with carp. Otherwise recruit generics to join my cult.
8 cultists in high places: Do political stuff to help my PR!
100 cultists: Research the location of artifacts that may be useful.
10 cultists who used to be wealthy: invest in businesses with any remaining money you have, become wealthy again.
Journalist hirelings: Write articles about my plans to restore rain to California.

recruit: [2] They find nobody who will help you.
repair: [1] Out with the old and in with the- coffee break! (base destroyed)
guard: [4] They take up defensive positions and get ready to attack invaders. (guarding)
power swap (because your choice of swappers is too hilarious to pass up): [6] You swap the powers of DF carp and Rabe. Now Rabe has the ability to drown people and detect beards and alcohol, and CARP has the ability to never age and talent with psychic power... No, those ARE useful powers, shut up! (powers swapped in Rabe's favor)
PR: [1] Wait, no, raining for 40 days and 40 nights isn't what you meant to say- (hated by humanity)
research: [2] They can't find anything about magic artifacts, just references to old stuff that's in museums. These museum brochures clearly aren't what you're looking for...
invest: [3] They manage to get some investments done, but they don't get their money back yet. (investments made)

Puff puff: reform
[6] He pulls himself together and rushes back to your base. Some of your guards get covered in hallucinogenic dust. (guards hallucinating)

Normal Inquisitors: attack Unescargot
[4] They rush your guards and slaughter them through superior numbers. You cultists are helpless to fend them off since they are hallucinating to all hell. Your veterans flee, discretion is the better part of valor after all. (-all guards, -50 inquisitors)
Inquisitors in high places: get a contract for weapons for the rest of these shlubs
[3] They get Kitten inc. to sell them metal bars and pipes for cheap prices. Apparently it pays to know your enemy's enemies, and to have access to cheap materials. (inquisitors lightly armed)

Revised turn 13 actions:
51 hallucinating cultists: wash away the dust.
200 heavily armed cultists: repair our defenses. Then guard our base.
101 cultists and 80 empowered cultists: improve our PR.
washy washy dust: [4] They ignore the sharks in the water long enough to wash off the dust. Hooray for cleanliness! (no more hallucianting)
repair: [3] They manage to patch up the defenses fairly quickly but decide to get some pizza instead of guarding. They don't even bring any back for you! (defenses repaired)
PR: [4] They improve your reputation a bit. You weren't paying attention when they said what they promised you would do but it was probably nothing you weren't going to do anyway. (Now have good PR)
Say hi to puff puff: [6] Puff puff tells you to fuck off, he isn't turning on Unescargot for nothing.

Inquisitors: Tear down your walls, Koshu!
[4] They blast another big hole in your defensive wall. Accursed inquisitors. Your cultists manage to pick some of them off as they run away. (-50 inquisitors, defenses damaged)

have i posted my action yet?

I don't know, find it if you have, it'll simplify things a bit later...

I assume Evonix has enough people that those 49 guys aren't going to make or break him...
1 old cultist: find puff and wave at him.
500 Cultists: Fix and upgrade the base (Add some lightning rods... and landmines).
100 Cultists and lightly armed cultists: Kill the inquisitors then guard the base when you are done.
100 Cultists: Fix the smelter and make some guns if you have time after, give the guns to the guards.
10 Hallucinating cultists: Make a toy for puff-puff.("and will probably never have anything" is just so depressing)
The rest: Finish the paperwork and fire the nuke at Unescargot.

Kill Gort: [1] He's dead, they just run up and kick the dusty, desiccated corpse around until his mummies arrive and turn them all into mummies as well. (49 old cultists turned into mummies)
Say hi to puff puff: [2] He can't find puff puff, where did he go?
Fix/upgrade base: [2] Every time they try to fix a part of the base, another part falls over. Dammit, these were supposed to be easy repairs! How can ALL of you be failing at this?
attack inquisitors: [4] They attack the inquisitors and it's a massacre on both sides, the inquisitors with their guns pick off most of the cultists sent after them, but the cultists manage to break through and get them. (-45 inquisitors, -60 cultists, -30 lightly armed cultists)
fix smelter: [5] They fix the smeltery perfectly and manage to get guns for about half the people working (50 cultists armed, smeltery fixed)
Make a toy for puff puff: [4] They stitch together a small plush toy in the shape of Puff puff. It's adorable and huggable. They run past the flying elephants and dead guards before leaving the toy on the sandbox Puff puff uses as a bed and fleeing into the night. (Puff puff now has a plush toy)
fire nuke: [3] They manage to get access to a supply of gunpowder, so they can finally make explosives again, but no nukes for you. (gunpowder access regained)

Inquisitors: be dead
[irrelevant] They succeed in being dead.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: May 08, 2015, 05:12:23 pm »

Puff Puff- go to carp's cult, spread the joy.

((ha ha ha enjoy the power swap.))
Generic Arms Race.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 08, 2015, 08:34:59 pm »

Try to find the orb.
Cultists: Help others in the community.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 09, 2015, 08:59:56 am »

Me, 85 cultists and all the recognizable cultists: Recruit!
5 Cultists in high places: Give Unescargot's inquisitors better PR.
600 Cultists and any others: I am ashamed of you lot but I will give you another chance, Repair and improve the base (remember you can use the forge concrete and explosives), I want to see a underground complex, I want to see mini gun and missile turrets on a huge concrete wall, I want to see lightning rods, I do not want to see it's destruction in a thousand years.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 09:12:13 am by Evonix »
Has descended into madness
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 121