Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 217262 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #705 on: May 09, 2015, 08:55:54 pm »

Welp, If it seems as though betrayal is the best option, I shall take betrayal.

Me: Recruit again! This time I shall ask help from the archeologists once more!
Mummies: Guard the base. I meant guard the base. last turn.
50 Assassins: Poison the water supply of the inquisitors! That really is a useful tactic!
25 cultists and 25 assassins: Make the metal powder!
Rest of em: Make the unactivated ritual near Unescargot's base, And use some of the money we have to acquire a large helping of fish and milk, to lure Rabe next to the ritual, shoo away any other kittens that come near. When Unescargot gets near, Activate the ritual!
If we do not have metal powder by this point though, make it.

Convoluted plans make me feel better about my siblings' death.
cough cough
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 09, 2015, 10:11:19 pm »

Try to find the orb.
Cultists: Help others in the community.
Orb: [3] Via psionics you can tell that all the Orbs of Stalwart have been destroyed, but you locate another Orb, an Orb of Stability, that may work as a substitute in a similar ritual, but you'll have to look that one up... (found Orb of stability 1)
cultists: [3] They help out, but they don't seem to accomplish much and the job is thankless. (admired by humanity)

Welp, If it seems as though betrayal is the best option, I shall take betrayal.

Me: Recruit again! This time I shall ask help from the archeologists once more!
Mummies: Guard the base. I meant guard the base. last turn.
50 Assassins: Poison the water supply of the inquisitors! That really is a useful tactic!
25 cultists and 25 assassins: Make the metal powder!
Rest of em: Make the unactivated ritual near Unescargot's base, And use some of the money we have to acquire a large helping of fish and milk, to lure Rabe next to the ritual, shoo away any other kittens that come near. When Unescargot gets near, Activate the ritual!
If we do not have metal powder by this point though, make it.

Convoluted plans make me feel better about my siblings' death.
cough cough
'
*cough cough* must be contagious
re-recruit: [3] You convince people with an interest in old stuff to join you, just not very well... (+30 archaeological cultists)
guard: [4] The mummies take up guard positions. How effective they'll be is arguable, but hey, it's one more layer of protection between you and invaders. (mummies guarding)
poison: [4] They pour poison into the inquisitors' water supply, it works wonders and eliminates most of them with no risk to your cultists. The remaining few only drink wine and ale and so were not afflicted. (-50 inquisitors)
make powder: [1] They grind the metal into powder, but then drop it all into a body of water. Dammit! (lost metal)
ritual trap: [4] They etch out the designs, but they have to get some more metal to make the powder and run out of time in the day (regained metal)

Inquisitors: Release the flood!
[5] Despite their few numbers they manage to open the sluices and dump a deluge of water onto your base and all your cultists.  Your mummies are especially effected since they are the dry-desert kind not the chemically preserved kind, but most of your cultists manage to swim to safety. The Nile does occasionally flood, so it's good to be prepared for it. Unfortunately your dragon blood supply gets flooded and the stuff is useless now. (-5 mummies, -20 cultists, pyramid base flooded, lose dragon blood)

Recruit.
100 Cultists find but don't drink dragon blood.
The rest continue negotiations with Inquisitors.

Recruit: [4] You get many to join you. It's a good thing you're so sociable. (+100 cultists)
Draggin blud: [2] They don't drink the dragon blood. They also don't find any dragon blood, making it a bit of a pointless effort.
negotiate more: [5] They manage to convince all the inquisitors that there are much better things they could do with their time than fighting you. (-102 inquisitors, inquisitors deactivated)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 10, 2015, 05:38:27 am »

Find dragon blood.
50 cultists: Look up the ritual involving the Orb of Stability.
Rest of the cultists: Perform the ritual.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 15, 2015, 06:40:45 am »

whys nothing happening?
Has descended into madness

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 15, 2015, 07:35:46 am »

ME: go on a quest for "BANNANSNDANNASNASNANANSASNSNA" in the carp plane
stuff i still have control over: realize your latent pyrokinetic abilities (more prequel stuff like in your pineapple rtd)
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 15, 2015, 12:04:15 pm »

whys nothing happening?
Because I was feeling lazy on my vacation and didn't want to move the turn forward... Or look for Carp's actions... If I continue this for another game I'll have to add a rule to make it less intensive on the gm, probably a limit on the number of actions for a turn because the way it's going now it requires an hour of work just to compile the inventory at the end of each turn (with 8 people doing things and some people taking 6-8 actions in a turn it takes a little more effort than it might seem like and I keep putting it off because I've come to dread it)...

stuff i still have control over: realize your latent pyrokinetic abilities (more prequel stuff like in your pineapple rtd)

quest for bananas: [3] In your now calm state you realize that you can't do much without finding your old power, known to your new madness as "BANANNANANASANSNAS". You seek it out, but fail to find anything. (new goal: find old powers)
pyrokinesis: [irrelevant] All your nobody tries to learn pyrokinesis, they fail due to being dead/not existing.

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 15, 2015, 02:43:46 pm »

well i guess have my carp search for BANANANASBANSNANSNASnA until he finds them
((is trog dead or alive))
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 15, 2015, 03:16:04 pm »

/boolean(TROG_LIVES=false)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: May 15, 2015, 03:52:58 pm »

((is trog dead or alive))
Quite dead, but he still has a few mummies to control if he wants to. If I have to skip him again I'm going to assume he's left the game for good.

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: May 15, 2015, 05:17:12 pm »

You seem to have missed my action, I did post it.

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: May 16, 2015, 09:11:40 am »

Ya you missed it, it's just a few posts after the link you gave me.
I will now repost it:
Me, 25 cultists and all the recognizable cultists: Recruit!
5 Cultists in high places: Give Unescargot's inquisitors better PR.
600 Cultists and any others: I am ashamed of you lot but I will give you another chance, Repair and improve the base (remember you can use the forge concrete and explosives), I want to see a underground complex, I want to see mini gun and missile turrets on a huge concrete wall, I want to see lightning rods, I do not want to see it's destruction in a thousand years.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 01:19:16 pm by Evonix »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 16, 2015, 09:24:31 am »

((Accurse it.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 16, 2015, 10:42:15 am »

Ya you missed it, it's just a few posts after the link you gave me.
Carp hadn't gone that turn yet, your next actions are kind of irrelevant at the moment

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: May 16, 2015, 10:51:15 am »

whys nothing happening?
Because I was feeling lazy on my vacation and didn't want to move the turn forward... Or look for Carp's actions... If I continue this for another game I'll have to add a rule to make it less intensive on the gm, probably a limit on the number of actions for a turn because the way it's going now it requires an hour of work just to compile the inventory at the end of each turn (with 8 people doing things and some people taking 6-8 actions in a turn it takes a little more effort than it might seem like and I keep putting it off because I've come to dread it)...

quest for bananas: [3] In your now calm state you realize that you can't do much without finding your old power, known to your new madness as "BANANNANANASANSNAS". You seek it out, but fail to find anything. (new goal: find old powers)
pyrokinesis: [irrelevant] All your nobody tries to learn pyrokinesis, they fail due to being dead/not existing.
?
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 121