Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 218001 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #825 on: June 23, 2015, 09:10:25 pm »

((You attacked first. I was actually considering an alliance with you- check your PMs a few dozen pages back or something like that. I sent a PM asking to team up.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: June 23, 2015, 09:12:04 pm »

((You attacked first. I was actually considering an alliance with you- check your PMs a few dozen pages back or something like that. I sent a PM asking to team up.))
I noticed, and I hardly cared.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: June 24, 2015, 03:18:26 pm »

don't do these actions until there's an updated sheet.(Why should people who see things that aren't there have trouble washing off(or trying to(TRIPLE BRACKET COMBO!)) in nonexistent rain?).

I noticed the correspondence between anthaju and you(Unescargot) on the psy-net... at least you revealed yourself and sent all your friends away
500 cultists: Research and build anti-cloud weaponry.
400 heavily armed cultists: Attack Unescargot
100 heavily armed cultists: Train then help guard the base when you're done.
300 cultists and all of the hallucinating ones: Go work for the carp, at least stop his whining.
Me and 100 cultists: Ask misatonic university to inspect the book I sent them then ask the 100 specified cultists to get materials.
200 cultists: RECROOO... no, as much as I would like to find out what happens above 3000 I shant risk it (it would be out of character). Get dragons blood instead.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 08:47:38 am by Evonix »
Has descended into madness

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: June 24, 2015, 03:44:32 pm »

don't do these actions until there's an updated sheet.(Why should people who see things that aren't there have trouble washing off(or trying to(TRIPLE BRACKET COMBO!)) in nonexistent rain?).
Would you rather I rolled and said it didn't work because there is no rain, regardless of what the roll is? The fact that they're seeing things doesn't make them able to clean themselves off with nothing...

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: June 26, 2015, 08:32:14 am »

I made an edit but it doesn't seem to have stuck
also mayby they wont get clean but they would cover Unescargot's cultists
EDIT: I HAVE MADE AN EDIT
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 08:43:41 am by Evonix »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: June 26, 2015, 12:38:01 pm »

the "carp life" motto gave me an idea
Me: recruit fisherman promise lake and rivers teaming with carp on condition they don't eat me
Any recruited cultists: OBTAIN PUFF-PUFF PLUSH™

Recruit: [2] You try to tempt fishermen into joining you, because they either see through your ruse or don't want carp in their fishing holes. Both are equally terrifying to you.
puff puff plush: [irrelevant] they do nothing because they don't exist

We can move to the next turn once Rosabel posts actions...

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: June 26, 2015, 12:49:52 pm »

What happens if some other horror has 2600 cultists and I give them 500?

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: June 26, 2015, 12:57:57 pm »

200 cultists work on reacquiring dragon blood (NO DRINKING).
Another 200 work on PR.
I'll recruit.
thincake

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: June 26, 2015, 03:29:24 pm »

What happens if some other horror has 2600 cultists and I give them 500?
Fun. Fun will happen. ((I was just going to make it an instant death scenario, like half the cultists starve to death or something, but then I got a better idea.))

200 cultists work on reacquiring dragon blood (NO DRINKING).
Another 200 work on PR.
I'll recruit.

Dragon blood: [5] They find so much dragon blood that they figure out the dosage needed to kill a man... or woman, not all cultists are men... (reacquired dragon blood, 50 cultists  become assassins)
PR: [2] They were about to do that, but then the pizza delivery came and they just lounged around for the rest of the turn eating.
Recruit: [6] You get more to join your faction. Some join against you too, but they probably just signed the wrong paper. (+100 cultists, +30 inquisitors)

((I'll have the inventory up by midnight.))

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: June 26, 2015, 04:08:23 pm »

Assassins?
Have we stooped so low?
thincake

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: June 26, 2015, 07:23:31 pm »

No you have not, it's not like you trained or set them to work, but it's nice knowing that if you do sink that low that it will be comfortable down there.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 08:10:05 pm by Evonix »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: June 26, 2015, 11:08:09 pm »

Assassins?
Have we stooped so low?
To be fair, you had assassins before, then you told them to go home...

Humanity
Attack CARP's... nothing... I guess:
[irrelevant] They attack CARP's nothing. Nothing happens.

Healz for Unescargot
End of Turn 18.
score:
Unescargot (lightly wounded): summoned, getting old, hiding
-cultists: 360 cultists, 50 hallucinating cultists, 10 infiltrator cultists (infiltrating Rabe), 5 high morale empowered wealthy cultists, 5 annoyed empowered wealthy cultists, 10 wealthy cultists, 8 cultists in high places, 100 trained cultists, 3 hallucinating veterans, professional journalist hirelings, limited connection to president, all disheartened
-Items: veteran memoirs
-Inquisitors: 40 lightly armed inquisitors, 60 inquisitors, inquisitorial demolition hirelings, know where you're hiding, inquisitors active
-Other: host of ihatecarp.com, knows ritual of fading strength, knows self banishing ritual, bad PR, knows power swap ritual, knows yoga, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}
--Puff Puff (uninjured): plush toy that looks just like him

Tavern wench:
-cultists: 35 heavily armed cultists
-Items: Swelteringly hot base in the desert, Orb of Stability 1 (buried), has dragon blood, has mercury
-Inquisitors: 90 inquisitors, 80 well trained inquisitors, 50 lightly armed inquisitors, 5 inquisitors in high places, Inquisitors activated
-Other: well known, moderately bad PR, leaderly campaign started well, refugee organization made, knows stability summoning {req mercury, consumes orb of stability, can sub Dragon blood [causes injury]}, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}
--Crux the mad (DEAD): killed 10% of Earth's population

TROG (DEAD): summoned, vanished into the abyss
-cultists:
-Problems: despised by humanity
-Items: has dragon blood
--GORT(DEAD): 124 mummies
--KONG(lightly wounded): hallucinating

Anthaju(DEAD): summoned
-cultists: 55 cultists, 15 reapers
-Items: has a flooded pyramid with a shoddy shack on top for a base, has money, prepared self banishment ritual, has metal, has dragon blood
-Inquisitors: 3 strong mummy inquisitors, 20 inquisitorial reapers, inquisitors activated
-Other: has weighed Unescargot and TROG, knows self banishing ritual, destroyed Orb of Stalwart 4, knows ritual of fusion, bad PR

Koshu:
-Cultists: 177 cultists, 200 heavily armed cultists guarding, 80 empowered cultists
-Items: has a tool shed base surrounded by booby traps, has a few spaceship components, has extra spikes
-Inquisitors: 125 armed inquisitors, 182 inquisitors, inquisitors activated
-Other: excellent PR, satellite launched, knows "cascade" ritual, knows sacrificial summoning ritual {requires Dragonblood, consumes 500 sacrificial cultists}, knows ritual of rain of fire {consumes dragon blood and thermite}, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}

Rabe (uninjured): summoned, can drown people and detect beards/alcohol
-Cultists: 1610 cultists, 500 heavily armed cultists, 100 hallucinating cultists,  30 hallucinating cultists (guarding), 50 hallucinating armed cultists, 10 contagious hallucinating cultists, 1 old cultists (guarding for Puff puff), 25 recognizable cultists, 15 hallucinating recognizable cultists
-Items: has sturdy base with defenses (+lightning rods and 20 gun turrets), has a bunch of metal, has bricks and concrete, has a bunch of molds/casts for stuff (weapons, armor and missile shells are the important ones), knows location of Lunar Orb of Stalwart, has colorful chalk
-Inquisitors: 200 inquisitors
-Other: KI website and company set up, posters put up, campaign for president started,  destroyed Orb of Stalwart 1, second in command to carp's faction, good PR, founded Miskatonic University, requested Koshu's permission to summon him
--Miskatonic University: has book of power swap ritual, researched Orb of Stalwart

DF CARP: rather calm, thinks TROG is carp, ageless and better with psychic power, regained swimming power and control of carp
-goal: CARP LIFE
-Cultists: CARP LIFE DON'T NEED HELP *sniffle*
-Items: CARP LIFE DON'T NEED MATERIAL GOODS
-Inquisitors: inquisitors destroyed Orbs of Stalwart 3 and 5
-Other: CARP LIFE 4 EVAR, has turned into a DF carp (it's what you always dreamed of),  destroyed the focus stone, going crazy, detested by humanity
--GOEARERKSFLES (DEAD): unending hunger,  mass: 200, physique +2

Rosabel:
Cultists: 350 cultists, 100 slightly healthier cultists, 50 assassin cultists
Items: has dragon blood, has gold block
Inquisitors: 30 inquisitors, inquisitors have destroyed Orb of Storms 1 and Orb of Stalwart 2
Other: good PR, has humanity's sympathy, buried the dead, knows gold summoning ritual {req gold block, dragonblood, tallow candles, causes weakness}

Other: Poison widely available, 10% of Earth's population gone, cascade impossible, everyone is on psi-net

((Looks like I just missed midnight... whoops...))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 26, 2015, 11:46:31 pm »

Me: give morale-boosting speech to my cultists, compliment their loyalty to me.
200 normal cultists: recruit more people to join my cult.
160 normal cultists, 100 trained cultists: guard me from enemies.
8 high places cultists, 10 wealthy cultists: begin a campaign to become the next american president(choose one of the high places cultists for this, another for vice president). Focus on beating Rabe's campaign and damaging their PR in the process.
Journalist minions: Aid in the campaign, damage Rabe's PR in the process! I want humanity to detest Rabe! Detest!
All hallucinating cultists: work it off.
10 other wealthy cultists: fund Rabe's inquisitors, activate them if not already activated!
10 infiltrator cultists: find weak points in Rabe's base!
Puff Puff: devise a powder that causes a human inflicted with it to become hostile to all sentient beings. If successful, apply to Rabe's heavily armed cultists.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 11:36:02 am by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: June 27, 2015, 10:51:49 am »

Edited!
500 cultists: Research and build anti-cloud weaponry.
400 heavily armed cultists: Attack Unescargot, ask the inquisitors for directions if you can't find him(don't attack his cultists unless they attack you, we want to recrute them.)
100 heavily armed cultists: Train then help guard the base when you're done.
200 cultists and all of the hallucinating ones(exsept for 10 of the non contagious ones): Go work for the carp, at least stop his whining.
10 non contagious hallucinating cultists: speak loudly at puff-puff.
100 cultists: Ask misatonic university to inspect the book I sent them then ask the 100 specified cultists to get materials.
200 cultists: RECROOO... no, as much as I would like to find out what happens above 3000 I shant risk it (it would be out of character). Get dragons blood instead.
the rest and me: recrute Unescargot's cultists away from him.(I won't go there in person, I'm not that stupid)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 10:54:47 am by Evonix »

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 27, 2015, 01:37:23 pm »

i remembered a quote "a predictable enemy is second best to a reliable ally" paraphrased from sam starfall of the free fall comic
Me: I've run out of ideas so just RECRUIT RECRUIT RECRUIT
any recruited cultists: say i dunno... koshu is my ally subtly remind humanity he has lots of easily sabotage-able rocket parts say something like "i allied with koshu please don't sabotage his rocket parts (between you and me those deliveries don'y look very secure)

i'm really good at convincing people that i'm dumb   ;DTHIS ID NO LONGER A TURN
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 12:48:29 pm by carp »
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 121