Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 217238 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #840 on: June 27, 2015, 04:26:51 pm »

Me: give morale-boosting speech to my cultists, compliment their loyalty to me.
200 normal cultists: recruit more people to join my cult.
160 normal cultists, 100 trained cultists: guard me from enemies.
8 high places cultists, 10 wealthy cultists: begin a campaign to become the next american president(choose one of the high places cultists for this, another for vice president). Focus on beating Rabe's campaign and damaging their PR in the process.
Journalist minions: Aid in the campaign, damage Rabe's PR in the process! I want humanity to detest Rabe! Detest!
All hallucinating cultists: work it off.
10 other wealthy cultists: fund Rabe's inquisitors, activate them if not already activated!
10 infiltrator cultists: find weak points in Rabe's base!
Puff Puff: devise a powder that causes a human inflicted with it to become hostile to all sentient beings. If successful, apply to Rabe's heavily armed cultists.

Weren't you in Russia? No wait, I'm getting you confused with Koshu again...
Speech: [6] You come out of hiding to give a rousing speech to your followers. Most of them can't understand a word you say, but they love the enthusiasm! (cultists excited, no longer hiding)
recruit: [3] They get some people to join you. Not as many as you wanted, but better than you had before. (+100 cultists)
guard: [1] They decide they don't want to die for you today and some of them even quit. Jeez, for cultists they're really loose on their commitment to the cause. (-80 cultists)
Campaign: [1] Your cultists spelled "running" wrong and now everyone thinks you're planning to kill the president. (now hated by humanity)
Libel: [4] They make Rabe look like a huge jerkface, pointing out his lack of safety protocols for their dangerous equipment and his links to the nefarious TROG and CARP. (Rabe now has mixed PR)
Work it: [5] They sprint around until they sweat the dust off. Actually they were running from flaming hyenas, but it has the same effect. (no longer hallucinating)
Inquisitorial aid: [3] They send a letter to the inquisitors telling them that Rabe's planning something. (Rabe's inquisitors activated)
Subterfuge: [3] The sneaky bastards find the switch to open the front gates to Rabe's base. You'll still have to fight guards, but you shouldn't have to smash your face against a concrete wall if they help. (can open gate to Rabe's base)
Puff puff: [6] Puff puff doesn't understand what you are asking and just floats over to spread hallucinogen onto Rabe's cultists. He gets dispersed by the old man. (Puff puff dispersed, old cultist hallucinating)

Inquisitors: Hit him while he's exposed!
[1] Bluh, fighting is getting stale. A bunch of the inquisitors leave before the battle begins and the rest don't bother to go (-50 inquisitors).

Edited!
500 cultists: Research and build anti-cloud weaponry.
400 heavily armed cultists: Attack Unescargot, ask the inquisitors for directions if you can't find him(don't attack his cultists unless they attack you, we want to recrute them.)
100 heavily armed cultists: Train then help guard the base when you're done.
200 cultists and all of the hallucinating ones(exsept for 10 of the non contagious ones): Go work for the carp, at least stop his whining.
10 non contagious hallucinating cultists: speak loudly at puff-puff.
100 cultists: Ask misatonic university to inspect the book I sent them then ask the 100 specified cultists to get materials.
200 cultists: RECROOO... no, as much as I would like to find out what happens above 3000 I shant risk it (it would be out of character). Get dragons blood instead.
the rest and me: recrute Unescargot's cultists away from him.(I won't go there in person, I'm not that stupid)

Anticloud wepins: [1] They look up clouds and determine that the best weapons to use against them are humidifiers. The less stupid cultists tell you that would probably just make the clouds bigger and more rain-y. (humidifiers gained)
Attack: [5] They notice Unescargot is walking around amongst his cultists shouting some nonsense in an eldritch tongue, and then the cultists disperse to carry out orders. Your heavily armed troops ambush him and blast him with their explosives and guns until he is bleeding from every hole in his body. He bleeds water ,it appears. They leave him for dead instead of administering a finishing blow. (Unescargot mortally wounded)
Train: [4] They practice using their rocket launchers and heavy machine guns for a few hours until they can hit things fairly reliably. This uses the entire turn and they are too tired to take watch. (100 heavily armed cultists now trained)
help CARP: [2] They don't want to. They think you need to learn to deal with his whining instead of just placating him.
Yell at puff puff: [5] They tell puff puff to go elsewhere. Puff puff, being dissipated, doesn't react in any way except by floating back to Unescargot's base in a faint cloud of dust. (Puff puff base at Unescargot's base)
Research: [3] The university investigates the ritual and tells your cultists which items to get to prepare it. The message gets delayed though, so your cultists don't get the stuff. (M. Univ. knows power swap ritual, your cultists are still lazy schlubs)
Dragon blood: [5] They find a bunch of dragon blood, enough to kill an army. (acquired dragon blood, 100 cultists become assassins)
Stealin' cultists(I think that's 600 or so cultists): [5] Since you are too scurred to go there yourself, and you can't break his mindlock, you don't really contribute anything. However, your cultists manage to bribe, seduce, and/or kidnap many of Unescargot's cultists. (steal 300 cultists from Unescargot)

Inquisitors: Set up your own base, and make it much cooler than Rabe's shitty bunker!
[5] They set up an ornate mansion with a fountain in the front and a hedge of thorn bushes around the perimeter. You're super jealous of their snazzy base. (Inquisitors have ornate mansion base)

i remembered a quote "a predictable enemy is second best to a reliable ally" paraphrased from sam starfall of the free fall comic
Me: I've run out of ideas so just RECRUIT RECRUIT RECRUIT
any recruited cultists: say i dunno... koshu is my ally subtly remind humanity he has lots of easily sabotage-able rocket parts say something like "i allied with koshu please don't sabotage his rocket parts (between you and me those deliveries don'y look very secure)

i'm really good at convincing people that i'm dumb   ;D
Recruit: [2] The dice god has deemed that you will not now nor shall you ever have any followers. Perhaps you should just go on psi-net yourself and start trash talking everyone, it would probably be more effective than what you're doing now.
Hint-hint, nudge-nudge: [irrelevant] They don't get the message out because nobody is helping you. You know in your heart that it wouldn't matter anyway, humanity thinks Koshu is a pretty alright guy.

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: June 28, 2015, 05:58:44 pm »

(between you and me those deliveries don'y look very secure)
Hint-hint, nudge-nudge: [irrelevant] They don't get the message out because nobody is helping you. You know in your heart that it wouldn't matter anyway, humanity thinks Koshu is a pretty alright guy.

Also, I do not belive we have any deliveries, just a stockpile from our frustratingly-suspended time as a aerospace company.

Also, I think you skipped from start of turn 17 to end of turn 18 in the numbering.

Even more also, turn 19 actions:
175 cultists: clear a path through spike, pitfall and deadfall traps so we can safely leave our base. (Ideally get the traps to serve as defenses like they are supposed to, but just removing them would be fine.)
2*1 cultist: go talk to Rosabel and Rabe (or their cultists), respectively, about cooperating with ritual research. Offer the orange summoning ritual as a show of good faith. (If the other cultists have cleared a path out of the base use the path.)
200 heavily armed cultists: guard the base. (This means, if inquisitors try to build traps around the base, you shoot at them.)
80 empowered cultists: continue research, but with a focus on transportation (flight, teleportation, whatever). Do not leave the base.
Koshu: recruit.
Any cultists Koshu just recruited: set up a secondary base elsewhere. Preferably with reduced amounts of horrible death.
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: June 28, 2015, 06:28:20 pm »

Also, I do not believe we have any deliveries, just a stockpile from our frustratingly-suspended time as a aerospace company.

Also, I think you skipped from start of turn 17 to end of turn 18 in the numbering.

Even more also, turn 19 actions:
175 cultists: clear a path through spike, pitfall and deadfall traps so we can safely leave our base. (Ideally get the traps to serve as defenses like they are supposed to, but just removing them would be fine.)
2*1 cultist: go talk to Rosabel and Rabe (or their cultists), respectively, about cooperating with ritual research. Offer the orange summoning ritual as a show of good faith. (If the other cultists have cleared a path out of the base use the path.)
200 heavily armed cultists: guard the base. (This means, if inquisitors try to build traps around the base, you shoot at them.)
80 empowered cultists: continue research, but with a focus on transportation (flight, teleportation, whatever). Do not leave the base.
Koshu: recruit.
Any cultists Koshu just recruited: set up a secondary base elsewhere. Preferably with reduced amounts of horrible death.
Dammit, all these turn numbers are confusing me. I actually skipped "end of turn 16" on accident and am now on 18 as a result. I hope you realize that this means I'm going to have to start sticking random numbers on the turns now.

Pathfinding: [2] They see the path broken through the spikes, but aren't brave enough to face the trapped land outside the base.
Negotiation: [1] You accidentally send off your last copy of the spell with your cultists. Or maybe it wasn't an accident, you have trouble reading these cultists. Also, the cultists didn't come back. Maybe making them wade through the gore-covered spikes their friends got impaled on was bad for morale... (-2 cultists, forgot summon orange ritual, Rosabel and Rabe gain 1 cultists each, Rosabel and Rabe learn the summon orange ritual)
Guard: [2] They are too scared to go outside, what if they booby trapped the walls?
research: [1] They can't leave to find references for the rituals, and the internet happens to be down, so they look into themselves. They look too deep. (80 empowered cultists have gone mad)
recruit: [1] You manage to get some people to join your inquisition... that's sort of like help, right? (+30 inquisitors)
Secondary base: [irrelevant] They hate you and won't obey your commands.

((Well... that was unfortunate... I swear, these dice aren't loaded, you just got really unlucky...))

Inquisitors: set up siege equipment to break down the walls of the base from afar
[3] They set up some ballistas and catapults in the forest nearby. They might be able to break down the walls, but probably not. (weak siege engines built)

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: July 01, 2015, 03:50:15 pm »

PRAISE BE THE DICE GODS
ME:recruit
any recruits:recruit
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: July 03, 2015, 03:32:21 pm »

((I'm surprised my speech didn't help resist the anti-recruitment.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: July 03, 2015, 03:56:01 pm »

((I'm surprised my speech didn't help resist the anti-recruitment.))
Who says it didn't? He had like 600 or so guys there and got a crit success...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: July 03, 2015, 04:05:30 pm »

((What would have happened without the speech?))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: July 03, 2015, 04:09:54 pm »

I dunno, I guess he would've gotten a full 600, since you only get half the normal guys when taking from someone else... still, if he'd done that then he could've been screwed over by his inquisitors deciding to join him and pushing him over the 3000 cultist limit... Whether that was worth coming out of hiding, and thus freely exposing yourself to harm, is up to you...

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: July 04, 2015, 06:52:15 am »

Dig up the Orb of Stability.
Cultists: Improve PR.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: July 04, 2015, 11:49:27 am »

Dig up the Orb of Stability.
Cultists: Improve PR.
Dig: [6] You haven't been summoned and thus can't do this yourself, but you get a few of your cultists to dig up the orb. They pass out from the heat of the desert and die. (orb dug up, -5 heavily armed cultists)
PR: [2] They wanted to get a radio station up and running but couldn't. Your cultists are concerned that you're wasting valuable time chasing a minor boost when you could be, for example, getting your base out of the desert or even just recruiting more cultists.

Sweltering heat: kill everyone
[3] The hot, dry air takes its toll on your cultists. (-15 heavily armed cultists)

Armed/trained Inquisitors: Kill the cultists to the last!
[4] They knock down the doors of your base, but get worn out from the heat and leave. (base breached)
Normal inquisitors: steal the Orb of Stability
[5] They roll the Orb out of the now open gate, and hide it somewhere that you miss because you weren't paying attention. (lost Orb of Stability 1)

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: July 04, 2015, 03:01:07 pm »

Also, I do not belive we have any deliveries, just a stockpile from our frustratingly-suspended time as a aerospace company.

who cares :(
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: July 04, 2015, 06:08:09 pm »

Find the Orb of Stability.
Cultists: Recruit
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: July 12, 2015, 04:09:05 pm »

Currently have 5/7 player-actions for the turn, if you haven't posted actions yet, please do

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: July 12, 2015, 04:42:17 pm »

just to check I have posted actions?
Has descended into madness

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: July 12, 2015, 05:32:35 pm »

just to check I have posted actions?
Yes, you have. I think Anthaju (who hasn't dropped out, just died), and Rosabel are the ones that haven't posted yet...
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 121