Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 47

Author Topic: Dragon Ball RPG (OOC/Applications) (Game has started)  (Read 54834 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball RPG (Sign-ups Open)
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2015, 07:42:04 pm »

It's not energy though, It's Focus, It is perfectly reasonable to get jolted out of focus gathering and have it slip away. Like if someone asked you to do a math question in your head and then Electrocuted you halfway through it.
Canonically, fighters draw from a finite pool of ki, represented in this game by the Focus stat. Is this correct?
Yes, I'm pretty sure that's how it works. Though not all characters had finite Ki.
This is what I'm basing my technique on - that Focus is just a word for 'ki pool' and that using the technique replenishes my ki.

EDIT: I think it's called 'Focus' because it's also used for Mystic attacks which don't use ki.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 07:44:22 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2015, 07:52:13 pm »

EDIT: I think it's called 'Focus' because it's also used for Mystic attacks which don't use ki.

It's called 'Focus' as I recall that level of concentration affects the effectiveness of attacks.  I'm using it as a pool as trying to model the amount of Ki or Mystic power a person has would cause me to descend deeper into insanity trying to fit it in to existing models.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2015, 07:57:22 pm »

I am just working on the assumption that you only really run out of Ki or mystic power when you lose your focus on it, Which is why training it works, Since it isn't like a gas tank, But more like a "Limitless" energy that can only be tapped into so quickly.

Percentage of max exertion affects effective power level.
Percentage of max health affects effective power level.

I am not sure if this supports that or not.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2015, 08:17:53 pm »

I don't think you understand, Andres. It's OP because if you're interrupted, you're not losing much. It's low risk high reward, and is just unfair.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2015, 08:19:56 pm »

What if I make it so it takes 5 TU and if I'm interrupted I get none of that Focus? If it's still too OP I'm willing to nerf it further.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2015, 11:27:40 pm »

Hold on, why is my character allied to Shadestyle's? Dr Axal is a protector of the Earth and thus presumable good. At soul purity 25, Pree would be willing to murder children to achieve her goals.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2015, 11:30:48 pm »

Hold on, why is my character allied to Shadestyle's? Dr Axal is a protector of the Earth and thus presumable good. At soul purity 25, Pree would be willing to murder children to achieve her goals.

I was giving an example of how I was selecting sides from player applications, not what was going to occur.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2015, 11:39:04 pm »

Ah, fair enough. I was actually kinda excited to fight Stirk because of our OOC disagreements. It would've been a healthy and fun way to get over them. :D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:41:19 pm by Andres »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2015, 03:12:21 am »

And I imagine I'll have to write up an appearance for all 4 forms?
*hemhem*
Pls answer
pls
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2015, 11:59:20 am »

And I imagine I'll have to write up an appearance for all 4 forms?

You can if you wish, but a simplified is just writing how the coloration is in each of the forms, the forms themselves assumed to be similar to Frieza's.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2015, 12:08:58 pm »

Hmm...
I once more dont have access to my sheet right now, but it should be up at the very latest in 2 hours.
Due to various... Complications, and an unwillingness to rewrite my sheet on a tiny screen, I'm afraid I want have my sheet up until tomorrow.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 05:45:27 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2015, 05:30:55 pm »

When do we start?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2015, 10:48:41 pm »

haven't had a chance to change my sheet yet... We can keep going though. I can stand underpoweredness for a while.
Black lives matter.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2015, 10:52:43 pm »

When do we start?

I'm waiting to see what Blitz's sheet will be.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 12, 2015, 03:27:10 pm »

Hmm...
I once more dont have access to my sheet right now, but it should be up at the very latest in 2 hours.
Due to various... Complications, and an unwillingness to rewrite my sheet on a tiny screen, I'm afraid I want have my sheet up until tomorrow.

Oh well. Wasn't supposed to post this here. Uh. So. La. Ti. Do.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 47