Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 938 939 [940] 941 942 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5789286 times)

TheWealthyAardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #14085 on: June 22, 2011, 04:38:01 pm »

Crashes and bugged areas haunt this fortress. I think I'll wipe the slate clean.
Quick, somebody who can pretend they know with a reasonable degree of believability hop in and act like they do!
You fucking rang?
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #14086 on: June 22, 2011, 05:05:24 pm »

Evil areas that are not freezing are hard to find in .25  , I feel.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Zaroua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14087 on: June 22, 2011, 06:16:21 pm »

A forgotten beast made out of steam attacked my fort extremely early on - my second wave of migrants hadn't showed up and I was in the process of colonizing the first cavern layer. It heads straight for the bedroom and starts beating on my expedition leader. He sleeps through it. I send one of my miners to kill it. He decides he wants to take a nap, right next to the forgotten beast. Expedition leader wakes up and runs away. Forgotten Beast decides to beat up the miner instead. Miner wakes up without a scratch (he went to sleep butt naked - he was in the process of picking up equipment before he decided to nap) and proceeds to duke it out with the forgotten beast. Completely naked. FB dies easily, miner goes back to work, naked.

Dwarves will sleep through *ANYTHING*.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14088 on: June 22, 2011, 06:56:43 pm »

Daggerdepths enters its 15th year.

I've decided to resume immigration and I got a 8 more dwarves. I was hoping for more, so maybe i'll let in another. 5 drafted into the military, 1 to replace my carpenter, a spinner turned gem cutter and a worthless peasent with horrid attributes who met his unfortunate end.

His death is listed under "accident" in my notepad organizing file.

I got an awesome named artifact for once. My best axedwarf named his masterful steel axe Ripperknight. That would make an awesome engraving. Much better then the name my Militia commander gave his. Junglegladness the Blizzard of Sprinkling...  ::)

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14089 on: June 22, 2011, 09:25:24 pm »

I had a new puppy and a new baby born at the same time.  Anybody else notice themselves being way more excited about puppies than babies?   :P
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Roctiv

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14090 on: June 23, 2011, 01:39:10 am »

I discovered the joys of raw duplication and I am currently playing Elf Fortress.

Not many differences with DF so far, but I couldn't help but smile when I ordered all the trees on the map chopped down. (My woodcutter has been "satisfied at work recently". Hypocryte.)
Have a dwarven day.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14091 on: June 23, 2011, 07:02:50 am »

Most of my new embark site covers a good mountain biome which was a complete accident. I only noticed when I saw all the little bubble bulbs everywhere.

But what's truly awesome about this site is that the mountain is simply riddled with native gold and microcline. Think of the gorgeous structures I'll be able to build!

LuckyLuigi

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Ever Savescum
    • View Profile
« Reply #14092 on: June 23, 2011, 09:04:41 am »

Beware it's deadly dust !
No kidding..my whole squad was 'pale' and dropped dead 5 seconds later. Luckily after striking a deadly blow.
It's a race against time, will I be able to mine out the cavern before I run out of soldiers ?  :o
Check out Time Denee's brilliant DF comics of Bronzemurder and Oilfurnace.

Batdwarf Forever !

Khris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14093 on: June 23, 2011, 09:13:22 am »

Migrants, so many migrants.
Also my miner gave birth to a baby while hauling wood outside. The baby has a really long and thick beard with braids.
Started the production of steel armor to get my military running.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #14094 on: June 23, 2011, 09:19:51 am »

My stael industry has been beaten to death by dwarves that were unhappy about the lack of steel armour for their friends.... surely they could have found a chair to destroy ar something.
No lack of migrants -despite the danger- nor fur loincloths though.

I've opened up the cavern access, so now we get occasional visits by dirty cavedwellers and horned avians, they are jummy...better than the beetles I had yesterday anyhow.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14095 on: June 23, 2011, 02:15:02 pm »

So there were these skeletal camels running around the edges of my map, scaring dwarves who are constructing a magma pump stack several stories up.  So, of course, I decided to dump some magma on them to get them out of there. 

Well, it turns out that magma doesn't actually kill skeletons, b/c they can't melt or bleed to death.  But they can totally catch fire. 

So at the edge of my map was this flaming skeletal one-humped camel with yellow-level burns all over his body.  He just sat there, smoking nonchalantly.  I thought he couldn't move, but then some elven traders spawned right next to him, and oh wow he proved me wrong.  He chased those elves all over hell.  And every time he touched a patch of grass or a bush it would burst into flames.  His fire caused the fisherberry wine the traders carried to explode in clouds of steam.  Almost all the traders died from the fire rather than the his physical attacks, although I couldn't tell if he had to touch them or if the close proximity to the heat killed them.  I could only read the reports of this battle, because all I could see on screen was a rolling gray cloud pursuing the elves, and then a trail of bloody corpses when the smoke cleared. 

He's still there.  On fire.  Burning everything.  B/c of the way damage works now, with no hit points, I don't think he'll ever actually burn to ash.  I wonder if he'll set the rest of his herd on fire...

So it turns out that dumping magma on skeletons is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14096 on: June 23, 2011, 02:27:00 pm »

So it turns out that ___ is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.

Pretty much everything in dwarf fortress works this way.

Gyvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14097 on: June 23, 2011, 03:39:06 pm »

Another new fort, both my miners, on two unrelated occasions, die before getting any migrants, because apparently they don't realize that magma = hot.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #14098 on: June 23, 2011, 04:32:10 pm »

So there were these skeletal camels running around the edges of my map, scaring dwarves who are constructing a magma pump stack several stories up.  So, of course, I decided to dump some magma on them to get them out of there. 

Well, it turns out that magma doesn't actually kill skeletons, b/c they can't melt or bleed to death.  But they can totally catch fire. 

So at the edge of my map was this flaming skeletal one-humped camel with yellow-level burns all over his body.  He just sat there, smoking nonchalantly.  I thought he couldn't move, but then some elven traders spawned right next to him, and oh wow he proved me wrong.  He chased those elves all over hell.  And every time he touched a patch of grass or a bush it would burst into flames.  His fire caused the fisherberry wine the traders carried to explode in clouds of steam.  Almost all the traders died from the fire rather than the his physical attacks, although I couldn't tell if he had to touch them or if the close proximity to the heat killed them.  I could only read the reports of this battle, because all I could see on screen was a rolling gray cloud pursuing the elves, and then a trail of bloody corpses when the smoke cleared. 

He's still there.  On fire.  Burning everything.  B/c of the way damage works now, with no hit points, I don't think he'll ever actually burn to ash.  I wonder if he'll set the rest of his herd on fire...

So it turns out that dumping magma on skeletons is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.

That is fantastic. You must weaponize this in some kind of organized fashion. Do report back if he does spread the fire to the rest of the herd.

Sjotrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14099 on: June 23, 2011, 04:56:20 pm »

Currently, the only thing happening is drinking, eating and sleeping. There is nothing productive work going on what so ever... :/

I guess i were victim of the marvelous "On-break" function.
Pages: 1 ... 938 939 [940] 941 942 ... 3835