Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round #16: Me and My Dragon  (Read 19659 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Dominions 4 Round #16: Me and My Dragon
« on: June 03, 2015, 07:58:53 pm »

Hello everyone!  With 4.14 fizzling out I'd like to start a new game.  This time, it'll be a 2v2v2v2 disciples game.  There are four teams because I want to keep it manageably sized but three-sided FFAs inevitably turn into 2v1.  Not much else going on besides that, I'm open to different maps (provided they are four way wrap) and ages.  I'm also thinking of using using the Worthy Heroes mod and a custom mod to mod out, at the very least, Burden of Time, maybe a few other world-killers.

I've already found a teammate, my (very) newbie friend who is not part of this enlightened forumspace.  For the remaining six slots, I'll take players on a first come, first serve basis.  Teams can be decided after that, you just need to post saying you're in to be in.  If you are in please post which age(s) you want to play, you can vote for any and all of them.  If you all want we can try to team up newbies with experienced players, if not that's fine.

Once we have our teams, nations will be drafted as such: teams will be randomly ordered, teams pick their first nation in that order, and their second nation in the reverse of that order.

Player List:
1. EnigmaticHat - Team 1
2. noselyjack (not on this forum) - Team 1
3. Karlito - Team 3
4. Jilladilla - Team 4
5. Culise - Team 3
6. USEC_OFFICER - Team 4
7. Hatman - Team 2
8. Alstar - Team 2

Team 1: C'tis/Mictlan
Team 2: Arcosephale/Midgard
Team 3: Jomon/R'lyeh
Team 4: Agarth/Pangea

Spoiler: How does PBEM work? (click to show/hide)

Useful links:
Dom4 forums on Desura
Dom4 Mod Inspector (use this and cherish it!)
An archived snapshot of the Dom3 wiki: Yes, it's still relevant, and it hasn't been replaced yet, so... It has loads of useful information, including strategy guides. Keep in mind that while a lot of this information is still very useful and valid, a lot of it is entirely out-of-date.  In particular, Dom 3 games tended to have a lot more magic a lot earlier than Dom 4 games.

Llama Server: the automatic hosting server for our game.
Llama Server's map and mod browser (Yes, it's not really a browser, but you can browse the maps and mods here)

I didn't start the fire of this generalized Dom 4 info, it was always burning since the world's been turning.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 02:13:26 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round #16: Me and My Dragon
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 08:07:38 pm »

Yes, sign me up!

I vote for Early Age or Late Age (had my fill of MA).

a custom mod to mod out, at the very least, Burden of Time, maybe a few other world-killers.
Hey now, world-killers are part of the fun.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 09:25:53 pm »

Heh, I'm open to leaving them in.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 09:56:20 pm »

I would like to join if you would have this relatively new (8 MP games, only 1 finished, 1 victory) player who, in their own opinion, is a master of the art known as the Panic Stab. I'm also someone who will fight desperately flail around until the bitter end (IE, all forts are sieged and my armies are destroyed/too fragmented to be of any use, only then will I concede and go AI).

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 01:23:13 pm »

I would like to join if you would have this relatively new (8 MP games, only 1 finished, 1 victory) player who, in their own opinion, is a master of the art known as the Panic Stab. I'm also someone who will fight desperately flail around until the bitter end (IE, all forts are sieged and my armies are destroyed/too fragmented to be of any use, only then will I concede and go AI).
I've got two games and no victories, so its all good :)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 12:59:31 pm »

If you need warm bodies and don't mind dealing with a player who's been around since 2 but can't even consistently beat the AI, I can sign on.  It seems I'm going to have an unfortunate surfeit of free time in the near future, which means I'm more than free. 

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 06:51:02 pm »

Sign me up as well, I wouldn't mind doing a disciples game since they seem to be pretty rare on these forums.

As for the age, I'm not terribly picky since there's always a bunch of nations I have my eye on. MA C'tis and MA Xibalba would be a pretty hilarious combination though.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 10:54:39 pm »

As for the age, I'm not terribly picky since there's always a bunch of nations I have my eye on. MA C'tis and MA Xibalba would be a pretty hilarious combination though.

Alrighty, my votes are for EA and MA.  So that's 2 votes EA, 1 for MA, 1 for LA.

I don't think I could handle the swampiness of that combination.  I just did Blighttown in Dark Souls, not eager to go back to a status-affliction filled land of humidity and reeds.  Very flavorful tho.  (also anyone who has asked to be in, is in)

Hatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 05:12:00 am »

If you people are still looking for seventh and eighth players, I can be number seven. I don't really have much of a multiplayer "C.V." to show a prospective teammate, but I'm happy to try new nations, so if someone wants a certain set of scales or a bless I'll do my best to synergise.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 09:26:19 pm »

I've yet to try a disciple game, and I'm currently very low on number of games being played... so what the heck - I'm in.

Edit: don't really care what era we play in, overall.

Edit^2:
To keep this simple, everyone team up with whoever you want.
If you really wanted to make it easy, you'd just pair up 1+2, 2+3, etc. Now I have to worry if I'm going to be the kid who gets picked last :p
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 09:30:37 pm by AlStar »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 09:28:14 pm »

Alrighty, that's a full game!  So, now you all need to divide into teams.  To keep this simple, everyone team up with whoever you want.  PMs or posting in this thread are both fine for finding teammates.

Also almost no one has given age preferences so if you care speak up.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round #16: Me and My Dragon (Game Full, Picking Teams)
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 07:36:24 pm »

If you really wanted to make it easy, you'd just pair up 1+2, 2+3, etc. Now I have to worry if I'm going to be the kid who gets picked last :p

Well, how about you make things simple and pair up with me?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2015, 07:58:05 pm »

Too late, I'm afraid - Hatman asked me earlier today (sorta surprised that he didn't post such yet.)

So to make it official: Hatman/AlStar is a team.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2015, 08:40:10 pm »

Noselyjack has voted, for MA and LA.  Which means that all ages are now tied at 2 votes.  If this stays that way I'll use my host powers to pick one, seeing as how no one actually cares.

Edit^2:
To keep this simple, everyone team up with whoever you want.

If people can't get on the internet often enough to pick teams I doubt they'll be able to play Dom4 in a timely manner :P

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2015, 08:42:19 pm »

Eh, I'll vote for MA and LA at all, to narrow down the choices a bit. I've been playing too many EA games recently, so a change would be nice.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12