Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35

Author Topic: Space Magic: A Gooey Mess[7/7] - Waitlist available  (Read 43300 times)

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Magic: Sub-Orbital Delight [7/7] - Waitlist available
« Reply #495 on: September 30, 2015, 07:13:02 pm »

Fred replies "All you need is the right amount of money, or some well placed threats..."

((Updating tomorrow.))

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 01, 2015, 02:54:14 pm »

"If we had a time machine, Private Eye, that'd be the least of our problems it could solve," PFC Fridge says. "Now let's stop fucking around and get the hell out of here before our good works get over here and weigh in on the issue."

Do ID things. Must obtain ID. Falsified, presumably.
Okay, Fred. We have limited time and need IDs for each of us. What would be involved in fabricating something sufficient to get on the first shuttle we can get outbound?

Oh, and besides the engine, which is floating in space beside it, what else has yet too be installed in that ship for it to be suitable for interstellar flight?

Do the things to get the IDs to get a shuttle off this cursed hellhole.

You all arrive in New Manila. People in the city are abuzz with news, apparently the horde is spreading throughout the world, with a large group moving towards New Manila, the people don't really know what it is. The admiral's fleet has reached planetary orbit, they must have done a hard burn to get there earlier.

You find an old friend of Fred. After some threats, and promises of repaying him later on, he makes you fake ID's. You find a shuttle that is leaving the planet after the disturbing news of Eastmire's destruction. You all get aboard and strap into a seat.

Your equipment is in a largish cargo container in the back of the shuttle, a hard negotiated piece of the deal.

The shuttle hums to life, filtering air into the passenger chamber and performing engine tests. A short warning siren goes off to have you sit down, and the shuttle jumps off of the ground, it's engines roaring, sending you high into the sky. Within minutes, you are in orbit, the shuttle is preparing to move to a larger ship when it instead starts to move towards the military fleet. A crew member says that they are not allowing anyone to leave until the problem is handled.

You find yourself in the hanger of a large battlecruiser. An officer leads you all down a web of halls and to a medium sized interview room.

"Hello, I am Corporal Signus. Since you are trying to leave, you must know something about what is going on down there, right? We sent a few scout drones down, and what we saw was bizarre and unbelievable. There... there was some sort of horde of monsters. Some of them looked like humans or animals, maybe they were once. But now they are just awful shells of their former selfs.

But, the scout drones can only tell us so much. Do any of you know anything about it's origin, or maybe what exactly it is?"

"Thats both bad and good. Go!"

Enter the command building in the confusion. Moonlight shadow use his power to make us hard to see.

You all walk towards the command building and head in, with Talisman keeping you invisible. After walking through a waiting room, you find yourself in a large operations hall. There are various displays of the orbital view of the area to the east, with each one at a different level of zoom.

You see several black masses moving across the world, with the largest heading towards New Manila, towards you. Two officers are arguing at the end of the room. Something about whether or not they should deploy their soldiers, and some talk of bombarding cities.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 01, 2015, 03:10:49 pm »

((The whole main group is on the battlecruiser, right?))

"I firmly believe it is some sort Federation experiment gone horribly wrong. I bet my title as doctor and professor of physics on it."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 01, 2015, 04:02:03 pm »

((The whole main group is on the battlecruiser, right?))

"I firmly believe it is some sort Federation experiment gone horribly wrong. I bet my title as doctor and professor of physics on it."
((Yes, the Fred and Ed are aswell.))

"What makes you think that? Do you have any proof of that?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 01, 2015, 05:02:43 pm »

Newton sits quietly, waiting for this conversation to take it's inevitable path, a distant look on his otherwise expressionless face.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 02, 2015, 12:45:08 am »

"What else it could be? Is there anyone else with power and ability to create such thing?" Professor lifts his machanical leg and slams it on the table, giving it few knocks for nice metallic ring.

"I was the patient zero after all."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 02, 2015, 03:13:14 am »

PFC Fridge keeps his trap shut and lets the professor take it from here. With luck they'd blame him for this shit and would leave him alone.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 06:45:34 am by Harry Baldman »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 02, 2015, 02:45:27 pm »

((Newton drew some of that black gunk from Professor's leg on the ship where we escaped from. What happened to those samples? Were they left on the ship or brought down with us?))
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 02, 2015, 03:00:28 pm »

((Newton drew some of that black gunk from Professor's leg on the ship where we escaped from. What happened to those samples? Were they left on the ship or brought down with us?))
((Discarded with the bandages and whatnot. That was first aid, not science. Sorry.))

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 02, 2015, 05:05:48 pm »

"Alright that's not good anymore."
Ask the two guys what they know about that black disease.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 02, 2015, 06:03:30 pm »

Reduce the officer's common sense to 10% so that he'll believe the professor's claims.

Observe the conversation.  If it looks like things are going sour, focus on the officer.  Rapidly transition his sight and hearing between 95% and 105%. Constantly do this until the officer feels nauseous or dizzy.  If he doesn't seek medical attention, tell him that the early symptoms of goo infection are dizziness and nausea and that anyone experiencing such feelings should get themselves checked by a medical professional.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 02, 2015, 09:16:44 pm »

((a corporal is not an officer :P also, GM: change name of thread. we are no longer suborbital.))

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Magic: A Gooey Mess[7/7] - Waitlist available
« Reply #507 on: October 05, 2015, 08:06:55 pm »

((a corporal is not an officer :P also, GM: change name of thread. we are no longer suborbital.))
:-[ I was hoping that wasn't the case... Well, conein is sub-orbital. I guess it is time for a new name anyways. Full update tomorrow.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 06, 2015, 03:26:47 pm »

:-[ I was hoping that wasn't the case... Well, conein is sub-orbital. I guess it is time for a new name anyways. Full update tomorrow.
((I assume you mean about the corporal =/= officer bit? Don't worry about it. Or retcon it. Or Make him a part of a special services team - they often have more flexibility in what they do than regular troops. Or have him fed questions by someone in authority. Also good luck, conein.))

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 07, 2015, 02:29:49 pm »

Well, I have become very busy recently with school, more so than I had anticipated. Sadly I am going to have to pause this game for now. I'll still be playing some RTD's as those responses do not take very long to make. I usually spend a good 45 minutes to an hour on these. Sorry about this.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35