- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 259568 times)

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
Re: ~ The Succession Tower ~
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2015, 12:50:47 am »

So... if I count correctly, that's 4? dead dwarves, along with several wounded, any of which could carry the werelizard's curse. Great way to start off!
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2015, 01:56:35 am »

Year one, just when you thought it was safe out in the frozen wastes. WELL SURPRISE SURPRISE YOU ROCK DELVING SCUM, HONEYMOON'S OVER! WELCOME TO DWARF FORTRESS CONSTRUCTIVORY!

EDIT: Judging from the combat reports, Bearskie is almost certainly infected.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 02:11:58 am by Zuglarkun »

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2015, 07:05:57 am »

I couldn't have survived one more day, could I? I hope that I get a proper tomb. Redorf me whoever is not dorfed yet. I hope we get a fey mood soon, and that we have what we need.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2015, 07:55:46 am »

I think my Dorf has great things in his future.  Assuming of course, that the next Overseers can properly contain the Werelizards :-\

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2015, 09:10:27 am »

In an event like this one always has the urge to just zip the save, pass it to the next person and say, “Well here you go, have fun cleaning up!”  But unfortunately our story has not ended yet.  There is always the aftermath, when you’re looking at all the blood and mess wondering ‘what the hell do I do now?’

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The mines were sealed not long after the incident, with the infected still trapped within.  Most are too injured to even walk.  There’s always the lucky survivor though; here, it was Gwolfski, who geniusly survived by standing in one place and not doing anything when I gave the squad kill order.  He became the only dwarf to walk out of that mine alive.

It did not take long; on the 9th of Moonstone, fresh screams emanated from the mines once more.  The sound made its way down the spine of every dwarf in the Constructivory, and they dreamt nothing but nightmares that night.

Dawn brought with it a deathly silence.  Thus the dwarves descended once more into the mines, and witnessed the carnage with their own eyes.  They shook their head in sadness, and carried their fallen kin back to the tower for burial. 

At the end of the day, deep within the mines, they discovered a hastily-erected wall.  The writing on the wall was in blood, and it read:
“I’m a monster.  Stay away.”
Beyond the wall, they could hear slow laboured breathing.  After a hurried discussion, the dwarves quickly reinforced the wall and sealed the area, leaving Kulet Craftwards to her eternal solitude.

Bearskie’s death meant that someone else had to take the reins of the fort, and in this case it was Japa.  Just a title position, of course, day-to-day running of the fort would still be beyond his abilities.  Someone else would have to handle that.

Oh and they couldn’t find any coffins, so they just threw the corpses into Japa’s new expedition leader room (not that he's using it).

Some days later, freed from the shackles of overseer Bearskie’s grounded design, the dwarves draw up ambitious plans for a massive above-ground courtyard, which will hopefully form the basis for future overseers to build on.

And two months later, as the dead were laid to rest atop the tower; with it, the buds of spring awoke to herald the new year.

Your turn, TheCheeseMaker

Jeez, that was a stressful turn.  Apologies for ditching the diary format, but I didn’t want to come up with a new character and all so I just wrote it as a player.  Also apologies for not dorfing some people; I was worried about everyone dying.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2015, 09:31:43 am »

Cheese, tell me if you dorm me please. I still want to make diary journal entries, show events from a civilian's prospective, you know?

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2015, 09:52:52 am »

Hehe, sorry for temporily ignoring your questions.

Hiddenleafguy:  Would you believe that you were the only miner on break when the werelizard struck, and was busy chilling out in the dining room?
Immortal-D:  Your dorf's character page is on one of my journal entries; I believe its the ice-breaking session one.
Zuglarkun:  Yeah, sucks :(.  You could always put it down to her stealing your identity as the real Zuglarkun, or maybe its a family name.  Judging from the combat reports, everyone should have been infected, but clearly werebeast curses are more complex than I thought.
Japa:  I think your dorf is glitched.  He hasn't healed in forever, and nobody seems to be willing to diagnose him.  ???

Aside from me and Zuglarkun,  everyone else is pretty much doing alright.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 10:43:21 am by Bearskie »

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2015, 10:04:39 am »

I think your dorf is glitched.  He hasn't healed in forever, and nobody seems to be willing to diagnose him.  ???

How many diagnosers do you have? I've found that things work best if I enable the "diagnose" labor on every dwarf in the fort. Lately, I've started doing that with all the medical labors. Haven't had any malpractice cases because of it, and things happen a lot faster. Usually a different dwarf will  do each part of the procedure: one diagnoses, another suters, another one sets, and so forth.
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2015, 10:21:48 am »

Okay then, JOURNAL POWER ACTIVATE!!!! Also, that previous journal is from an alternate timeline where leaf died.
Spoiler: 10th of timber. (click to show/hide)
And that is the the aftermath of the werelizard attack, everyone is dead.

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2015, 12:26:09 pm »

I have the save. Will start later today or tomorrow depending on my work schedule.

Edit: RedMageCole, it appears your dwarf decided to jump off the tower late during Bearskie's turn. Any redorfing requests? The same goes for you Bearskie and Zuglarkun.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 12:58:14 pm by TheCheeseMaker »
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2015, 01:15:29 pm »

Taupe the mason was liking this fortess less and less. When recruiters announced a new fortress meant to be built aboveground, he eagerly joined the founding party. His expertise would be required, and work would be plenty. People would look at a giant tower and he'd say ''Yup, I was the one to carve all those blocks''. At least that was the plan.

Setbacks began immediately. First they started using clay, which wasnt his domain. When they finally began operating a quarry, they found it full of water pockets and ready to flood at the first mistake. Slow work he could deal with, but...

Now the mines were closed. The miners were dead. The survivor was... erm. The mines are closed.

Their expedition leader was dead too. Someone had namer Japa as new leader, which was nothing short of a bad joke; poor lad had been in beds for months, crippled by a booze barrel of all things. Even the minecart almost claimed a life after someone rammed into it. Not the other way around, mind you... The soldiers were also prone to dropping their weapons at the first sign of danger.

Clearly this place was bad news. Logic urged him to flee. But honor and pride begged him to stay. He was a mason by trade, and believed in improving upon things. Block by block, year by year, this placw could be made better. And if he left, what kind of message would that send to the others, he who was one of the founding seven?

No, his place was here, building the tower, making coffins and counceling.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 02:26:35 pm by Taupe »

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2015, 02:26:02 pm »

Zuglarkun:  Yeah, sucks :(.  You could always put it down to her stealing your identity as the real Zuglarkun, or maybe its a family name.  Judging from the combat reports, everyone should have been infected, but clearly werebeast curses are more complex than I thought.

Meh, it had to happen sooner or later. At least I went down fighting, unlike some other dwarves.

So Bearskie did not turn? As far as I know, werebeast curses transmit when the werebeast bites the target in the flesh. If the bite is intercepted by clothing, then it will not transmit. Hmmm, perhaps bruises do not permit werebeast curse transmission, only open wounds do?

As for the glitched Japa, most likely lack of diagnosticians, since the fella was already rescued.

I have the save. Will start later today or tomorrow depending on my work schedule.

Edit: RedMageCole, it appears your dwarf decided to jump off the tower late during Bearskie's turn. Any redorfing requests? The same goes for you Bearskie and Zuglarkun.

I call dibs on the next militarily skilled (preferably male) dwarf to arrive in the next migration wave, Armok knows we'll need some help on the military front. Redorf me as Shipcat, since Zuglarkun is Shipcat in Dwarf speak anyway. Then enlist me in a squad if you've got the setup running by then. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 02:39:59 pm by Zuglarkun »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2015, 09:10:29 pm »

I... did not notice that.  What the heck, RedMageCole, I got you a nice dwarf and all and you jump off the tower instead  ::)

Btw CheeseMaker, can you handle the remaining dorfings? 

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2015, 09:45:20 pm »

Wow, lol.  Who amongst the founding 7 is left at this point?

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2015, 09:45:52 pm »

I think I was one of them.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 66