Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Bards are offering to entertain our citizens! How should they do this?

Singing and dancing and other peaceful forms of- pfffhahahah
- 4 (15.4%)
Ablative meat armour
- 1 (3.8%)
Arena fights against wildlife
- 5 (19.2%)
Arena fights against each other
- 3 (11.5%)
Arena fights against troll wereelks
- 12 (46.2%)
Something else...
- 1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Thunderdoom - A Succession Goblin Camp [42.05]  (Read 38683 times)

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Thunderdoom - A Succession Goblin Camp [42.05]
« on: January 11, 2016, 09:59:22 pm »

Nustngom, "Thunderdoom"!

"Oi! You'se lot! Listen up you rotten piles of vomit, I'se talkin'! I SAID LISTEN UP!"

"You all knows what happens when we's fights the dwarves, right? We'se lose! Shut yer yaps! It's true! You all know it's true! Theys drops rocks on us an' cuts bits off of us wid swords and' weapon traps an' smacks us wid warhammers an' babies an' drop us into pits an' onto spikes an' drowns us an' burns us an' freezes us an' throws us in lava an' encases us in obsidian an' makes hill titans an' beasts eat us!"

"But I've 'ad an' idea! The reason theys can do all o' these horrible things is cos we'se fightin' em on their home turf! Wot we gotta do, right, is get them to come to us! An' I know just how to do it!"

"Wot we do, right, is we send out a few scouts an' build a hidden war camp in the jungle right next to 'em, but, an' stay wit me on this one, right, we don't attack 'em. We wait for 'em to find us, an' then they attack us instead, 'cos they can't just leave us there next to 'em. And then we can do all those things they do to us, cos it'll be on our own turf an' we'll be ready for 'em!"

"So come on then, you pond scum! Let's go give those midgets some o' their own medicine! An' by medicine I'se mean pain an' death an' stabbings! WHO'S WITH ME!?"

So, I'm toying with the idea of starting a succession goblin war encampment using a variation of this all-races-playable mod, with some changes.

Don't worry, you don't need to install the mod to play. We'll copy the modded files around with the save: it'll be playable with vanilla DF.

The latest version of the Playable Goblins mod is here if you want to mess with it: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11705. In addition to the stuff in Thunderdoom (below), it also adds goblin nobles, skull thrones and a variety of tools that were missing. Note that as of 42.05, sapients can't be butchered even with modding. We're hopeful that 42.06 will fix this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RULES

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TURN LIST

Quasar

Embark
Arrival
Spring
Summer
Autumn 1, 2
Rampage of Ana Gearedwinter
Winter
Epilogue

jwoodward48df

Prologue
Spring
Summer 1, 2, 3, 4

DDDragoni

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6

Sinurtumwist
Tehsapper
Vuohijumala
Sanctume
IEEE8oh2dot11
Deus Asmoth
ZM5

GOBLIN LIST
Quox - Weaponsmith - (Quasar)
Nix  - Butcher - (NRDL)
Darx - Any - (DDDragoni)
Shűl-nak - Any - (Shűl-nak)
Sanctume - Miner - (Sanctume)
Rupdeus - Lasher (Rupdeus)
Vuohijumala - Any - (Vuohijumala)
Zee - 'Chopper' (Axegoblin/Butcher) - ZM5
Trugg - Animal Trainer/Lasher - (Trigon)

Shofet - Troll (Shofet)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 10:52:11 pm by QuQuasar »

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: A Succession Goblin Camp [42.04] - Planning Stage
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 10:35:33 pm »

Cool idea, and I want a turn pls.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 10:43:25 pm »

I don't want a turn, but could I pwetty pwease have a goblin?  Preferably the butcher, named Nix.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 11:04:03 pm »

Couple of questions-

Will you share your modded version of the mod, or will we have to mod the mod ourselves to fit with the save? Alternatively, will the modded save work with vanilla DF?

Are you using the 42.0x version of that mod or the 40.24?

Since goblins have to drink now, will they need booze or are they going to be fine with just water? Because if they need booze, no farming would make that difficult.

Trade caravans in summer and winter- is that humans and goblins? I remember somewhere that gobs need pack animals modded in in order to trade and idk if the mod/you takes that into account.

This sounds fun, I'd like a gob, (whichever's fine, name Darx) and a turn please!
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 11:23:53 pm »

If the modded save works with vanilla dwarf fortress, then I'll take a turn
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 12:02:36 am »

Will you share your modded version of the mod, or will we have to mod the mod ourselves to fit with the save? Alternatively, will the modded save work with vanilla DF?
The modded raws will be included with the save, so you can open it in vanilla. Dwarf Fortress is good like that.

Are you using the 42.0x version of that mod or the 40.24?
42.0x. The new version.

Since goblins have to drink now, will they need booze or are they going to be fine with just water? Because if they need booze, no farming would make that difficult.
They're not alcohol dependant, so they'll be fine so long as we've got water. Booze will just be a way to make them a little happier.

Trade caravans in summer and winter- is that humans and goblins? I remember somewhere that gobs need pack animals modded in in order to trade and idk if the mod/you takes that into account.
It's goblins and goblins, since nobody will trade with us. The All Races Playable mod makes Beak Dogs into a pack animal.

Shűl-nak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 12:16:11 am »

As a fan of all things green and vicious, I love this. I would request a gobbin' (that sounds wrong) as whoever, and a turn, if you'd be so kind.

"Every citizen is a warrior" is my standard MO regardless of played race anyway. Only the weak die!

I would humbly suggest the ability to create cloth/leather blocks, and butcherable/tannable sentient-creature goods. I think goblins would be very dwarf-leather-tent-chic. Or just recycling of your otherwise worthless family members' hides.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 02:20:16 am by Shűl-nak »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 02:21:02 am »

Dorf me as a Miner or Maul wielder

Sinurtumwist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 03:00:23 am »

Screw this, add me to the List

Do Gobs have nobles?/Is the structure the same or are there any specific rules to it?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 03:09:46 am by Sinurtumwist »

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 03:37:30 am »

Arright, looks like "Impaled Corpses" don't quite work.

Well... they do, but a) they won't impale fellow goblins, and b) it's possible to impale anything else creature-related on them. Including bones, skin, meat, hair, etc. You could make a couple dozen "impaled corpses" out of a single dwarf. Which kind of defeats the point if they're supposed to be trophies.

Oh well. Should still be able to butcher sentients, so I'm sure we can work out ways to entertain ourselves.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 03:43:13 am by QuQuasar »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 03:42:14 am »

Maybe you can make a mace out of 1 bone + 1 skull, then load 10 of them in a weapon trap; or make weapon totems?

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 03:46:00 am »

Well we could just use the honor system to only impale whole corpses.

(Not super clear on how modding works so bear with me for this next part)

Alternatively, the "Butcher a dead animal" reaction uses only corpses, not misc parts, yes? Couldn't you make a reaction based on that that produces an "Impaled Corpse" furniture item which can then be built?
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Rupdeus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2016, 04:02:50 am »

Could I be goblinned as the Lasher?
In adventure mode, dwarf drinks vampire!

Sinurtumwist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2016, 05:08:30 am »

Arright, looks like "Impaled Corpses" don't quite work.

Well... they do, but a) they won't impale fellow goblins, and b) it's possible to impale anything else creature-related on them. Including bones, skin, meat, hair, etc. You could make a couple dozen "impaled corpses" out of a single dwarf. Which kind of defeats the point if they're supposed to be trophies.

Oh well. Should still be able to butcher sentients, so I'm sure we can work out ways to entertain ourselves.

How about engrave / encrust a skull and impale it? Would that be possible?

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2016, 10:36:41 am »

This sounds interesting. Can I has a gobbo? Doesn't matter which kind.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16