Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Star Trek online free ship promotion.  (Read 9102 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Star Trek online free ship promotion.
« on: August 22, 2015, 02:55:48 pm »

So for those who were away for a while we received a full T6 to get us back in the game, good thing! But... after redeeming my code i havent received my ship :(. I currently opened a support ticket to figure out wth happent but after 24hr+ still no anwser from them. I wonder if any of you received the email but does not plan to go back to star trek online if they would share their code with me in the hope to get that damned T6 ship.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek online free ship promotion.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 03:18:38 pm »

I've never ever had a support ticket answered in all the time I played STO.

P.S. About STO now:

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 04:15:49 pm »

I had a great time with STO simply delegating duty officer tasks. hit the level cap doing that alone. I never had any interest ins fancy ships, it never made sense that one 'captain' would have umpteen millions ships anyways.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 04:42:15 pm »

I like the fact you got stuff to do anywhere you look at, doff, reputation stuff, questing, pvp, exploration crafting, research.
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 08:25:33 pm »

I'm in the same boat - haven't played in a while, got a code in the mail, redeemed it but received nothing. From some google searching it seems that their email promotions are somewhat unreliable. So it goes.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 09:22:05 pm »

Actually a HUGE amount of player didnt receive anything using the email code..... i think in less than 24hr i heard about 20ish player not receiving it and the amount of player receiving that email actually was kinda low in the first time... So im thinking their wwhole system wasnt properly hooked up, they went away for week-end.... way to go... release a cluster fuck and run away.... Kinda resume what STO became in a nut shell...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 11:52:37 pm »

I had a great time with STO simply delegating duty officer tasks. hit the level cap doing that alone. I never had any interest ins fancy ships, it never made sense that one 'captain' would have umpteen millions ships anyways.

Ehhh Handwaves are sometimes necessary for videogames.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 12:34:38 am »

So after some research i found out that the guy who did the email program sending setup thingy forgot to switch the code generator from *Give stronghold ressource for neverwinter online* to Give ship for Star trek online. Wich bascly mean ALL email sent for the free T6 ship was in fact unlocking ressource pack for neverwinter stronghold.......

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 02:03:41 am »

lol...
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 02:21:53 am »

Oh god.

Yeah, I've been playing the last couple weeks, trying to get all the newbies I just made the OP console and Warp Core from the Featured Episode. Never check my mail, so I didn't even see anything about a free ship.

Also I missed roughly the best thing ever with their damn Delta Recruits thing. And apparently they're never doing it again, so theres a bunch of awesome I will never get to experience because my computer was messed up at the time >.<
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 11:49:27 pm »

For what it's worth, after some back and forth with support (and half a dozen screen captures) they gave me a functional code. Including images of the email itself, trying to redeem it, and the faulty Neverwinter promotional item in my redeemed codes section seemed to be the trick.

I suppose I'll see if the new content was worth it - last I played it was okay as long as you didn't get too mired in the endgame grinds.

(To be clear, support was perfectly polite, just that it kind of went in circles for a few emails and two different staff.)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 01:42:23 pm »

I guess i was lucky, i didnt have to fight my way into receiving my code, well maybe the fact i sent 3 reply before they even get a hold on my support ticket might have helped there, i already did gave them the code number, told them it activated neverwinter ressource pack when it was supposed to be a ship etc, and they sent me a code kinda fast.

But the ship.... it handles like a brick inside an overweight beached pregnant whale.... I think im too used to my old vesta hehe.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2015, 01:51:44 pm »

So looky like i got an extra key about that T6 ship, so if one of the B12ers playing sto is looking for a T6 ship with enough XP to get you to level 60 ( only usable if you were capped before the expansion wich was level 51 i think? ). Tell me ill give my code to one of you! ( might or might not work since it was sent to my registered email, but hey if it works it works! ).

Edit: Code has been given. Have fun!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 02:06:40 pm by jocan2003 »