Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we be proud of our Giant War Keas?

GO KEAS WOOUH!
- 28 (93.3%)
...They suck.
- 2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 83

Author Topic: 'Murderflood: (Ardentdikes IIIv3) You, there, grab this save!  (Read 212334 times)

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Murderflood: Resurrection II: The Reboot (Ardentdikes IIIv3)'
« Reply #135 on: October 02, 2015, 08:35:06 am »

Nujux the wood cutter came knocking on my door asking to be assigned to fell trees. I flung the previous occupant, our chief medical dwarf who's been calling himself CrAzY UriST, and attempting surgery with a sword, at him. They tumbled down the hall. I slammed the door and built something heavy in front of it.

Of course then I had to deconstruct it instead of mining out because I was on the second floor of the surface keep.

Cavern found. Right where I was planning an underground dining room. Sigh. I've ordered a couple of walls and doors erected. I've also been informed our master mechanic, who turned up in one of the migrations has named himself Vuohi-Pera.

Unfortunately, we've just lost two dwarves. There's a giant earthworm corpse that turned up just as I was dealing with a pair of kobold thieves on the surface. I've ordered the military to assault the worm. We lose another dwarf, none of them anyone important before the worm is rendered into a fine film splattering everyone.

Fortunately, we have a hospital. Unfortunately, care isn't very good. I did have some wooden buckets made, so the patients can be watered.

Chief Miner Triaxx 8th Limestone.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 02, 2015, 10:51:48 am »

Oh shit right. The lake doesn't see a lot of visitors but rhe caverns will turn into an undeath clusterfuck soon enough...

Hopefully the lack of ressources and aboveground focus will keep the wealth and invader count low.

What's our population, out of curiosity? And how many fighters do we have at the moment?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 10:53:34 am by Taupe »

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 02, 2015, 11:32:40 am »

Hopefully the lack of ressources and aboveground focus will keep the wealth and invader count low.

We're doing well thus far, lets just hope our friendly neighbors to our west don't decide to pay us a friendly visit bringing gifts, they... don't really give a shit about wealth or numbers.

Triaxx, could you post a pic of the civilization screen once the humans arrive? The news screens as well, if we receive any outside news that is. Going to update the 1st page with their Legends info once we learn who they are (I just did a stealth update for the kobolds a few days back).

Blitzgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I get myself into these things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 02, 2015, 06:28:52 pm »

Would like to see my dwarf's info pls
Microline for everyone!

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 03, 2015, 06:58:22 am »

We have thirty one dorfs as of now, with 8 military dorfs.

The season for a human caravan has passed so far as I can tell, and we don't seem to have a human civ on the list..

---

Blitz Gamer has been complaining about wanting his glories known to all the world. I told him to write them down and I'd add them to the journal. This is what he came up with. Seems a bit long winded to me, but all I have to do is attach it so it's fine.

And now one of our bone doctors has withdrawn from society and claimed a craftsdwarf workshop. It's not in the new workshop area, so hopefully his tiny brain doesn't explode. Meanwhile, Thorayne has been removed from the position of manager. She seems happier running the military, so I'll leave her to that.

Speaking of military, as multiple full moons have passed with no werebears (Where bears? There Bears. RAAGH. gurgle.) I've decided to let our second squad go. Meanwhile, the dwarven caravan has arrived. The wagons went by, but the pack animals are headed in. I've ordered someone to watch out the windows for a vile mist. It always happens around this time and I'm suspicious.

Then again, we've got bugger all to trade, so I'm not going to pay any attention to it. Thorayne's been alerted that we have incoming liason, who'll want to talk to her. She seems... excited. I've decided not to think too hard on that.

Good news comes however. At level 112 of the world, as the stairs descend. I've been informed that we have found warm stone. And down at 108, we have semi-molten rock. Umm... I am sensing something horrible. It's time to start making a plan to get out of here. I'm going to have to build a wind up me, to stay and die in my place.

For the moment, I've ordered a set of exploratory tunnels around the magma location in the hope of finding a cavern to reveal the magma. We manage to get one anvil out of the caravan. We need that workshop area completed, but I've not got enough miners.

Chief Miner Triaxx Stardate Supplemental.

---

Our moody dwarf is not asking for anything else, but he's not started anything. Um...

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 03, 2015, 08:27:26 am »

I would also like to see Vuohi-Pera! Thanks in advance.

Dumbestdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Silly small person
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 04, 2015, 02:06:21 pm »

This is a truly horrible piece of paper. It menaces with stains of grease and unidentified matter.

Arrived here a few weaks weeks bak. Went to Overseer Triax, cause found not trees to cut. Love cutting trees. Triax said some thing about stiking trees were the sun does not shine. What was I wanted. Trees must be cut. Then bring logs in fortress, where the shun does not sine. Told Triax that. Got kicked into other dwarf who drools and bables. This whole haul hole in the groumd is bad place.

Blitzgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 04, 2015, 07:49:56 pm »

Travel log of Blitz Gamer:
This over seer seems to really have a bad opinion of me, I just wanted the others here to know me better, and he treats me like some stuck up jack-ass.
Still, my crossbow making skills are really improving, something about this dimension I guess.
Microline for everyone!

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 05, 2015, 03:39:00 pm »

Dumbestdorf was whining about trees. Since he hasn't noticed we're in a desert, I've ordered him to go berserk on the woody mushrooms in the first cavern level. And the military to go berserk on the Giant Toad Corpse down there.

Also, we've lost a few dorfs. A dyer, who lived up to the name. Our BREWER. Worst of all Vouhi-Pera got splatted. No idea why any of them were even down in the cavern. They had no reason to be there. At all. And for that matter, I thought the doors were locked tight. It's been busily biting the heads off of any dwarf that came close. Fortunately, the military manages to dispatch it. The Monster Slayer beheads the beast, ending it's rain of tyranny.

Blitzgamer is doing well at his crossbow work. I'm not sure what his problem is, he's acting like he's trying to run the place and his job is to make things to shoot people with. I just ugh...

And now a cave crocodile. Fortunately the dorf in question manages to hold off long enough for the Monster Slayer to arrive and one shot it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 03:56:39 pm by Triaxx2 »

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 05, 2015, 04:08:47 pm »

Noooo, Vuohi-Pera! I didn't even get to know him! :D Was it that rotten oversized frog which got him?

*sigh* - I guess I'll have to find yet another dwarf then.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 05, 2015, 04:18:17 pm »

Noooo, Vuohi-Pera! I didn't even get to know him! :D Was it that rotten oversized frog which got him?

*sigh* - I guess I'll have to find yet another dwarf then.

Welcome to Murderflood!

-Incredible view!
-Great job opportunities!
-Die every year!

Blitzgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 05, 2015, 04:29:11 pm »

Travel log of Blitz Gamer:
Well, that was unexpected, I think I had better steer clear of the caverns, and the overseer, dude really seems to have an issue with me.
Microline for everyone!

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 05, 2015, 04:47:14 pm »

Yeah, got his head bitten off I believe.

Look when you mood out and make an artifact crossbow, or start turning out masterworks, then we'll talk. Seriously though, when it comes to Snow White, I'm definitely the grumpy dwarf.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 05, 2015, 05:22:36 pm »

This sounds fine to me, and my dwarf  :P
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 07, 2015, 12:19:43 am »

The various turns and journals are archived now on the first page. I took some creative liberties with the naming of Triaxx's logs. Traixx -> Let me know if you'll like them removed or renamed for whatever reason.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 83