Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 154753 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 6 - WWI Flashbacks
« Reply #255 on: October 25, 2015, 10:03:57 am »

"What? Oh, no, I'm not going to loot anything from you. I just really wanted to hit someone with a stick. . . .Perhaps I could go beat the tar out of some of those looters, if you point me in a direction?"
Get directions from the paramedic, beat some looters with my Stick Of Fury.

Nanobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 25, 2015, 12:34:50 pm »

>Roll slow into the outskirts of town, bolt-action propped against my shoulder to pop a threat if I run into one.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 25, 2015, 02:28:18 pm »

OP, whats your policy on turn posts made after you already started writing the part? You just rewrite it? How about posting that you will no longer be taking actions?

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 25, 2015, 04:46:48 pm »

Leave the drugstore and head toward the woods.  If I do arrive at the woods this turn, then use my matches to start a forest fire.  Afterward, leave the wooded area, return to town, and look for a vehicle to steal.  If I encounter another combatant at any point, throw my molotov at them and run away into traffic (if there is any) to escape them. 

EDIT: Also, while I travel toward the woods, open a few sugar packets and eat the sugar for energy.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 05:32:31 pm by Megggas »
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 25, 2015, 05:08:40 pm »

I think you forgot me...
My reaction/action was by 16
edit:  Find an opponent and ram them!
Sorry about that. I'll give you an extra action next turn to make up for it. Also, bolding your actions can help me make sure to notice them.

OP, whats your policy on turn posts made after you already started writing the part? You just rewrite it? How about posting that you will no longer be taking actions?
If the action is being written while I'm still posting, and I get alerted to it, I'll make adjustments. Once the turn is actually posted, I no longer take actions. I try to stay on a consistent 20-26 hour turn cycle.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 25, 2015, 08:38:32 pm »

If the action is being written while I'm still posting, and I get alerted to it, I'll make adjustments. Once the turn is actually posted, I no longer take actions. I try to stay on a consistent 20-26 hour turn cycle.

You ever save any of those lost updates?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 25, 2015, 08:43:20 pm »

Hold on a minute, I'm wearing my firefighter suit. How is the poison gas hurting me? Firefighter suits are meant to be airtight so that they don't suffer from smoke inhalation.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 25, 2015, 08:48:55 pm »

Hold on a minute, I'm wearing my firefighter suit. How is the poison gas hurting me? Firefighter suits are meant to be airtight so that they don't suffer from smoke inhalation.

True, but your face is still exposed to the gas.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 25, 2015, 09:07:22 pm »

Ah, so I'm not fully decked in a suit. I thought I was equipped with the mask that they use when inside burning buildings.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 25, 2015, 09:09:26 pm »

Ah, so I'm not fully decked in a suit. I thought I was equipped with the mask that they use when inside burning buildings.

I guess I can give it to you, the descriptions of standardized clothing isn't very descriptive so there is room for interpretations. 

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 25, 2015, 09:12:08 pm »

Finish off the bandit with my pistol.

pikorge

• Bay Watcher
  • bird on the dancefloor
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 26, 2015, 01:09:28 am »

Thanks. :-)
Re: You are the evo ape.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 7 - WWI Flashbacks Pt. 2
« Reply #267 on: October 26, 2015, 02:11:33 am »

Round 7: WWI Flashbacks Pt. 2

Andres puts on his the gas mask in his suit as the Mustard Gas Cloud rolls around him. He keeps his hand on his gun, staring down at the position of the prone bandit who continues to scream in total agony. Andres fires a shot into his skull at point blank range, more out of mercy than vengeance. The gas obscures his vision like a thick fog and he can only see a couple feet away in any direction, and likewise, this would prevent anyone from spotting him from a distance. He has to be careful, although his bulky air-tight suit prevents the gas from affecting him, one puncturing is all that separates him from the bandit he dispatched.

Execute looks around the Art Shop for intact paintings; some have been stolen and many of them damaged but a few remain in good condition. Among them are drawings of fruit, elegant countrysides and rural houses, upper-class Victorian children, and Brett Favre. While he holds conversation with Angelina, he orders Yuri to man the front door as the Mustard Gas Cloud rolls down Main Street. Yuri stares out into the cloud, unable to see very far. It looks like they are trapped in here for the time being, but at least that means that if someone wants to attack them, they'll have to go through a ton of toxic gas to do it.

Angelina sends her Medabot to also stand guard; it joins Yuri, who glances at it uneasily as it strides next to him. (4) Angelina's search nets her one Paintbrush and nothing else, canvas paper is nowhere to be found and the paint has spilled out of the various containers, having dried since the inception of the Hellfire Incident.

Megggas travels out of the Drugstore and town center to head towards the woods, unintentionally leading a narrow trail of blood behind him. (1+2) His travel takes him down a road which splits off into two directions giving him great options: to the left, a pile-up of cars and debris all over the road, to his right, a giant yellow cloud of gas. He's not even close to the forest yet. Whatever he does, he eats some sugar packets for energy. (+Status: Sugar Rush!)

Nanobones cautiously sneaks his way into the side of town, running up against a building and taking cover behind it as he peeks around the corner; so far, nobody to bother him. He loads a cartridge into his rifle just in case anyone does come around, and then continues on his way down the abandoned streets.

Pikorge makes a u-turn and heads back into town, accelerating to gain even speed to flatten another contender. Sure enough, he spots Nanobones lurking around on the Western edge of Denmark. (4 vs. 3) Pikorge zooms after Pikorge, he retaliates by firing a shot at the car. The shot misses, but it causes Pikorge to hesitate and miss Nano as he dives out of the way. Nanobones hits the asphalt and scrapes his Upper Right Arm just below the shoulder, but did not get hit directly at all. As Pikorge zooms off, Nanobones turns around and fires another shot at him. (5 vs. 9) The shot goes wide as Pikorge continues to gain distance between him and the guerrilla fighter. As he drives away after nearly having been shot, Pikorge's blood has boiled! (+Status: Hyped the fuck up)

Person nabs Tomasque's WWII Officer's Pistol and opens up a can of Shloer. It tastes similar to the cola's he's used to, but with an added tangy hit, pretty good overall. He throws the remaining sodas in the backseat of his Austin-Healey and stuffs the pistol into his pocket. He drifts around town in his ride, looking for a good base of operations. There's a few multi-story buildings on Main Street but right now a lot of gas is sifting around in that area, so Person avoids it. Farther away he comes across some good spots: There's an abandoned Luthern Church that looks impressively sturdy, as well as a Auto-Repair Garage; if the front door could be sealed, it would be tough to try and break through the garage. Still, there might be even better places if he looked elsewhere, or even looked outside of the city.

Powder Miner convinces the paramedic that he is not a viscous looter but simply a malevolent-alien-parasite totally normal human man that wanted to hit someone with a stick, and even offers to beat up some looters. The paramedics calms down, realizing that he is not dealing with a menace, just a pair of weirdos. "Well, let's see; if you go-oh God what is that." The medics eyes light up as he sees the Mustard Gas Cloud rolling down the street. "Shit, there's been a gas leakage!" He scoops up the arms of the unconscious man on the ground. "You two! We have to get this guy out of here! Help me out!"

Fr0stByt3 doesn't have a loyal following ready to totally commit to a Red Revolution just yet, but he does have a group of people frustrated and angry enough to want to march and protest. The townspeople agree that there's no point in causing in uproar in their own destroyed town, and it's abandoned so no one would be there anyways. There are suggestions to take their grievances somewhere nearby, like Fontenoy, which is an hour's walk away. Green Bay is to the north, where a lot of people and important institutions for Wisconsin are located, but it's too far to walk so some sort of transportation would need to be organized, and many people's rides were destroyed.

[The Mustard Gas Cloud now in the center of Denmark. It will leave and enter the Southern section of Denmark by next turn.]

Spoiler: Andres (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Powder Miner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Megggas (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: pikorge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lermfish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fr0stByt3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nanobones (click to show/hide)

Added Ammunition Information next to everyone's Ranged Assets to help them keep track when it comes to reloading and capacity.

I want to ask you guys something I should have thought about when I was first starting this game. If someone gets an Article similar to one they already have, (ex. You have an Article about a Sculptor when you get another Article, the first one that pops up is about another Sculptor), what should happen? Do I skip it and find an Article in a field they don't have a bonus in yet? Do I stack Article Bonuses?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 26, 2015, 02:41:38 am »

Find the next player who looks most asshole-y and murder him.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 26, 2015, 02:57:43 am »

I want to ask you guys something I should have thought about when I was first starting this game. If someone gets an Article similar to one they already have, (ex. You have an Article about a Sculptor when you get another Article, the first one that pops up is about another Sculptor), what should happen? Do I skip it and find an Article in a field they don't have a bonus in yet? Do I stack Article Bonuses?[/b]

Stack
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 97