Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 154739 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 63 - Pizza Absolvement
« Reply #1245 on: July 07, 2016, 12:59:40 am »

Suddenly change my mind and attempt to get back to Denmark. If I get there, use Person's keys to get into the potatomobile, and start driving towards Green Bay. Avoid all wiki-warrior contact if possible.

You can get to Denmark by foot, but it might take a few turns. The trip to Manitowoc was shorter due to your combination of traveling but horse and then aircraft.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: July 07, 2016, 01:19:09 am »

Suddenly change my mind and attempt to get back to Denmark. If I get there, use Person's keys to get into the potatomobile, and start driving towards Green Bay. Avoid all wiki-warrior contact if possible.

You can get to Denmark by foot, but it might take a few turns. The trip to Manitowoc was shorter due to your combination of traveling but horse and then aircraft.

Okay, new plan!

Sell 900g of the cocaine and use the money to pay my medical bills/purchase a new horse. Then, ride up to Green Bay. If I cannot get a horse for any reason, just leg it to Denmark, break into the potatomobile, and ride it up to Green Bay.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: July 07, 2016, 02:09:55 pm »

I would like to withdraw from this game place me at the end of the waitlist so i can draw new cards

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: July 07, 2016, 02:28:14 pm »

I would like to withdraw from this game place me at the end of the waitlist so i can draw new cards

An interesting but valid tactic, especially with a now shortened and faster-moving waitlist due to the increase in total player capacity. I will take you out and waitlist you next turn.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: July 07, 2016, 04:04:46 pm »

Try to get God to smite (preferably by making them die) all of the sinners (no matter how minor their sin might be) currently within the city of Denmark.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: July 07, 2016, 06:36:44 pm »

Try to get God to smite (preferably by making them die) all of the sinners (no matter how minor their sin might be) currently within the city of Denmark.
So kill everyone including yourself in the city. FLAWLESS IDEA!!!
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: July 09, 2016, 02:32:10 pm »

Bamp, for those who have not seen or posted yet.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: July 09, 2016, 03:06:50 pm »

Could I join?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: July 09, 2016, 03:13:23 pm »

Could I join?

Yes. I'll waitlist you.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: July 09, 2016, 05:41:09 pm »

So kill everyone including yourself in the city. FLAWLESS IDEA!!!
I'm a saint, dammit. And even if it ends up killing me, I become a martyr. It's a win-win for everyone.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: July 09, 2016, 11:24:05 pm »

Go through that portal Execute went through earlier
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: July 10, 2016, 10:33:33 am »

Answer that I have some business I need to attend to.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 64 - Philippino Painting Party
« Reply #1257 on: July 13, 2016, 02:21:42 am »

Round 64: Phillipino Painting Party
Weather Conditions: Light Rain
Time: Night

Cinder drives around the city of Denmark, distributing flyers asking for donations in order to fulfill her dream of creating the world's first baseball team consisting entirely of steampunk robots. However, as she drives around she finds that there are not many people out and about, in fact the whole city seems to be dead, not just randomly deserted; craters and debris like broken vehicle and chunks of concrete litter the roads and sidewalks, while buildings burn all around her. Apparently something happened before she had arrived, the brochure said that Denmark was a tranquil town in the mid-west, not the sight of a aerial bombing raid. As she drives down one road, she spots a couple people hunkered behind some sort of giant metal humanoid.

NAV, no comfortable living inside of The Ensorceler's throat, attempts to drain him of all of his blood from the inside. [10 vs. 2] Imagine a giant leech stuck inside of your throat, draining it of blood while simultaneously choking you, this would be a similar situation to what The Ensorceler is facing right now. [6+2(Stamina)-4(Suffocating)] The Ensorceler sprints for the Hospital without being able to breath and losing blood very fast, clutching his neck as he goes straight for the entrance. Right before he can cross the threshold of the automatic door, he collapses, out of breath and out of blood. A group of medical staff sees this and rushes forward, but as they do The Ensorceler suddenly molts his skin into a fleshy pile beneath his clothes, two orbs ascending from the body. There are screams and shouts of awe and surprise as the medical staff flee from the rise of the Soucouyants.
NAV suffocated/exsanguinated The Ensorceler to death.
+1 Point.
+Article: Esteban Julio Ricardo Montoya de la Rosa Ramírez: +2 Dancing, +1 Agility, +Bellhop's Uniform, +Blue-footed Chicken

DolosusDoleus, now equipped with 1 Kilo of Pure Cocaine aka Powder aka Snow aka Tony Montana aka The Yayo etc., goes around Manitowoc, looking for somewhere he can peddle his goods without being caught. [Drug Dealing: 8] Dolosus walks until he spots a car full of college aged men loitering in an empty parking lot behind a paper factory next to a river. The Samurai walks up to them and offers them ninety percent of his supply. They talk among themselves for a bit, before settling on just a couple hundred grams. Despite this reduced quantity, Dolosus makes the biggest profit anyone has in one turn all game. (-.2 Kilograms of Cocaine, +$14,000) With this immediate high revenue, Dolosus runs back into the Mantiowoc medical center to pay off all his medical bills. Just as he's handing over his money, he sees his ally The Ensorceler run towards only to collapse and then spawn two of those firey orbs that had harassed them before. [3+1(Athleticism) vs. 5] Dolosus runs out a side exit, trying to outpace the Soucouyant that was once The Ensorceler, but the fireball catches up with him and attaches to the end of his left ring finger. [Athleticism: 8+1] Dolosus simultaneously runs in the direction of Denmark while unsuccessfully trying to shake free of the Soucouyant. (He would stop to look for a new horse, but that's a little difficult when a vampire is feeding off of you.) Being on foot, he gets nowhere close to Denmark, but he does get to the intersection of Route 10 and Highway 43 which is in the right direction.

Hawk calls up to the heavens and asks for God to smite all of the heathens that are within the ruins of Denmark. [Divinity: 7+2] The clouds above Hawk part and a patch of sky glows brightly despite it being nighttime. "You want me to smite this place? I swear I just did. Listen, I'm really busy for Christ's sake. If you want some smiting to happen, go do it yourself." The sky returns to normal but not before a golden ray from the Heaven's shoots a golden scepter right into Hawk's left hand, since his right is already equipped with Saint Patrick's Holy Staff. The tip of it glows with a bright white pulse. (+Divine Scepter of Smiting)

When her driver asks Wipeout why she is being driven to the Bay, she enigmatically replies that she has "business" to attend to. With an unsure smile, the driver lets her out and wishes her a good day before speeding off. The harbor stands before her with an assortment of boats for everything from business to pleasure. She walks along a long dock until she finds the SS Alba standing in all of its glory as if it had never sank that fateful winter day back in '38.

Execute takes the roll of paper and rolls it along a nearby flat rock, in lieu of a proper table, and orders the Aztec citizen to finger-paint a picture of paint brushes in a most meta way. [Painting: 9] While not a professional, the citizen's simple painting works and Execute reaches inside, pulling out several paint brushes of varying sizes and textures. (+Paintbrushes) Then, as per her request, he takes the Shaman aside and explains why this whole complicated ordeal has to happen, and while she understands why they have arrived here, she questions the validity of the Wiki-Wars as a whole. "Why would you want to join something like that though? In my home, except among the warrior tribes, warfare is a last resort for when all other options have failed. Why start a war when there is no reason for one, and put so many lives at stake?"
During this moral debate, Fallacy takes some paintbrushes from Execute and on a fresh piece of paper, begins to draw a field full of crates containing additional painting supplies. [Landscape Painting: 3+2] Fallacy does her best, though she ends up getting a bit caught up in making the painting expressive and detailed. Not only does she make a field full of crates, she draws with the crates a whole tribe of people who's lives and society are centered around painting and the painting crates. It's excessive, but hopefully Execute won't mind.
Twinwolf, cured of his wounds by the Aztecs, reloads his pistol and steps through the portal that Execute had most recently set up. He finds himself whisked away from the lofty mansion and now standing in jungle terrain surrounded by rich plant life and a humid atmosphere, while a fat river bubbles besides him. Just up ahead, he spots Execute, Yuri, Twinwolf, a Shaman and some Aztecs congregated around a large flat rock.
One of the Aztecs spots something and points down the river, and in the far distance, the group can see a steamboat waving an American flag coming in their direction, leaving them with only a couple turns left to prepare before contact.
U.S. Warship arrives in 2 Turns.

Piratejoe takes out two grenades and lobs both of them, one arching over and behind the metal giant to where Elephant Parade was hiding, the other directly at the Iron Golem. [9 vs. 7] The first grenade lands pretty close to Elephant Parade and a piece of shrapnel slashes the front of his right forearm, giving him another wound in already damaged area. [2 vs. 6-2(Large)] The second grenade lands too from the giant and rolls across the ground, exploding harmlessly. The golem turns to Piratejoe and bends its head down, opening its mouth and unleashing a stream of purple grey at him. [7 vs. 3] Piratejoe runs from this strange breath attack but it moves quickly and part of it manages to touch his left leg. Joe's movement begins to get sluggish and he looks down to discover that everything below his left knee has turned to metal!
The Grey Gas cloud persists, swirling around like a fog, separating Piratejoe from Elephant Parade, Thousand Bones, the Iron Golem, and Cinder who has not been discovered by either competitor yet.

Thousand Bones spreads his palms on the badly injured Elephant Parade and begins to heal him, [Healing: 2+4(Cleric)] and heals him up his most recent wound, but the rest remain and he is quickly losing blood. "You are in bad shape my friend, we should proceed somewhere safer so I can focus my healing energies onto you without fear of attack, this last foe has proven that he can attack through my Iron Golem." The old Cleric looks around before spotting the closed portal in the empty lot nearby, "Do you see that glowing tear? If we can get close enough to that, I can use my magic to open it up and we could escape this assailant while my Golem keeps him busy."

No longer interested in the Wiki-Wars, High Tyrol decides to continue pursuing her poetry career instead.
High Tyrol has retired.

Greatness942 enters Denmark from the West, dressed in a business suit and she does mean business, carrying both a crossbow and a survival knife. She is accompanied by a knight straight out of the Crusades.

H4zardZ1 comes from the opposite side of town, from the East, bringing a Loyal Caribbean Soldier along with her. She has a bike, but she isn't riding it at the moment since it is stowed away in the back of her tank that she is currently commanding.

Active Portals and Current Spawns:
Mansion (Closed) - The gateway dimension between Denmark and other universes.
   Central America/Age of Exploration - Aztecs.
   Philippines/Spanish-American War - Being explored by Execute w/ Yuri & 12 Jaguar Soldiers. 1 Aztec Citizen. Abundant Painting Supplies. Reinforced by FallacyofUrist, a Shaman, and Twinwolf.

Night falls over Wisconsin.

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wipeout1024 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cinder (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)

The inevitable has happened, someone has spawned with a tank.

In homage to Execute, who has somehow survived 40+ turns, I have based a character on Prince Executus and Yuri in Shadestyle's Darkness Redeemed RPG, as a Russian Prince and his loyal Boyar subject who can travel through paintings.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 64 - Phillipino Painting Party
« Reply #1258 on: July 13, 2016, 02:54:46 am »

Clearly the solution to this problem is simple, use more grenades.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 64 - Phillipino Painting Party
« Reply #1259 on: July 13, 2016, 04:00:36 am »

((Argh. I shouldn't have tried to showboat with the whole stamina/speed walking thing. Rewaitlist, please.))
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 97