Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Writing books for adventurers  (Read 2357 times)

HiddenEyes056

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh my gosh!
    • View Profile
Writing books for adventurers
« on: December 13, 2015, 10:47:02 pm »

Annoyed at the unwillingness of my dwarves to write a book on anything, I've decided to just do it myself. My adventurer is an amazing wordsmith, ready to express her views on the world but for one slight problem -- I can't find anything to write on!

I decided then it might be best, if I can't find anything to write with, I should just use my dark magic and summon up some quires with this spell:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Unfortunately, my magic isn't very strong. Any clue what I'm doing wrong here? I haven't edited raws for Dwarf Fort for years (before I fell off the forums, forgot my username and returned to you a week ago), so I might be missing something dumb. Failing that, any good source of writing materials? Or will I merely have to go searching the world more?

Please send help, fellow writers!
So basically the Mountainhomes is now sending complimentary cheese dip with every caravan.
A named spider who died centuries before I even played was helping rescue kids I had in fact rescued.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Writing books for adventurers
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 11:28:10 pm »

Hmmm, remove the :NONE from the end.

HiddenEyes056

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh my gosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Writing books for adventurers
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 01:58:05 am »

Hmmm, remove the :NONE from the end.

Still didn't show up in my 'x' menu.

After jiggering around with Deon's DF Wanderer mod raws, I was able to reverse-engineer one that worked, but only after generating a new world.
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_QUIRE_ADV]
[NAME:make quire]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][UNROTTEN]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PARCHMENT_MAT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_QUIRE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:PARCHMENT_MAT]
[SKILL:TANNER]

It's probably that my problem was merely generating a new world, rather than any raw problem.
So basically the Mountainhomes is now sending complimentary cheese dip with every caravan.
A named spider who died centuries before I even played was helping rescue kids I had in fact rescued.