Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: HELLDIVERS: Now on PC  (Read 8425 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HELLDIVERS: Now on PC
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2015, 05:46:31 pm »

This game does a better job giving you a warhammer 40 k moment like in the DoW trailer then any warhammer game so far : I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-E1RcRvny8

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2015, 10:43:05 pm »

Offensive Stratagem: STEHL REHN
Shoes...

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2015, 10:51:40 pm »

This game does a better job giving you a warhammer 40 k moment like in the DoW trailer then any warhammer game so far : I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-E1RcRvny8

If it was anything like this game at least one drop pod would land on the tank.
And then another one on the banner along with the dead marine.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2015, 10:55:06 pm »

I'm probably going to pick this up when it inevitably goes on the winter sale

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2015, 01:01:45 am »

Holy shit playing hard missions with randoms is a fucking nightmare.  If you like seeing three guys stand there and fight while a thousand aliens swarm in on them, half of those summoning more aliens, play a helldive with randoms.
Shoes...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2015, 01:52:30 pm »

Okay, played this for a bit earlier (PS4 version) and holy carp, it is amazing.
Even better than I was expecting, and I was expecting it to be great. I'm looking forward to sinking a lot more time into it. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2015, 02:10:01 pm »

We just won the galactic war today. Having a lot of fun with this game, already have 36 hours of playtime. I've almost unlocked all the strategems.
Playing a support role is very effective. Rep80 fully upgraded, someone else with RL-112 while you carry the ammo. Works great, especially if the guy carrying the RL-112 also has a (fully upgraded) resupply pack. That's about 25 rockets alone, and they are super deadly if you have them all the way upgraded. You can also have EAT-17 ready for emergencies for your other squadmates, if they don't already have their own heavy weapons, or in case you have to abandon your equipment.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2015, 02:19:38 pm »

Yes to all 3 of those weapons.  Bread and butter for the common helldiving foot trooper who rather get the job down with a trigger finger rather then in a fancy mech or having someone else do it for you.

The healgun is awesomely powerful, if the healer stays out of trouble and everyone else is able to shoot down the dangerous stuff quick enough.

Well, there is still having reinforcements on speed dial / reflex when all of it goes to hell in a pretty little handbasket. 
(Along with the judicious tactic of charging in the other direction as everyone else gets killed again... because you tried to drop them on top of a heavy, but it misses anyways and they are right next to em and a pack of other swarmers.  Good soldiers all of em.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2015, 02:42:08 pm »

Instead of dropping reinforcement beacons behind you, throw them in front of where you're headed. They're much less likely to get killed that way. Using their droppods as weapons isn't reliable, and you're basically throwing your teammates into a group of enemies and getting them killed again.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2015, 02:46:44 pm »

>.>

Yes.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2015, 03:03:30 pm »

There are a lot more effective things to drop on enemy formations than hell pods.

But none of them are quite as fun.
Nothing important here, move along.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2015, 05:50:31 am »

On my first assassination mission (and the most difficult one by far) I accidentally took out the target, which was a huge mech, with a pod.
Basically the entire squad got wiped out except for me, and I was about to die as well. I managed to throw out the reinforcement beacon just before dying, and then almost died IRL from laughing as one of the drop pods took out the big bad. :))

Still loving this game. Been playing it all day and am not planning on stopping any time soon... might go buy some more coffee.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2016, 05:23:20 am »

It's currently on sale on steam and the humble store at 30% off. My friend and I just grabbed the deluxe edition since the price point was what initially turned us off, that and the shady original pricing on the DLC, which is now fixed. Any of you still play?
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2016, 12:43:44 pm »

I still do, every once in a while. Unfortunately, most of my friends have not been playing much, so if you want to PM me your Steam I'd be happy to join you on a couple missions.
Nothing important here, move along.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2016, 12:58:33 pm »

I played until I realized my friend, who had bought the game before I did, had no interest in actually playing it with me.
How many wars have been won since PC release? I know I participated in one victory in December.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4