Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dispatching semi-citizens  (Read 1968 times)

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
dispatching semi-citizens
« on: January 07, 2016, 01:31:46 pm »

ive changed my mind about allowing hoomans in my fort, do i need to bury them or make a slab for them or will they just not spawn ghosts since they arnt full citizens?

i intend to atom smash them
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
Re: dispatching semi-citizens
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 01:33:20 pm »

I just dumped their corpses into magma all the time without much problem. I don't think you need to engrave slabs or burry them or such. Not sure whether it is different for longterm residents though. I'd assume those who have become citizens will definatly need a burial or engraved slab.
In Remembrance of Bengel Hairybasement,
Strangler of a Sasquatch, Troglodytes and a Cyclops,
Slayer of a Giantess, whom he burned alive.
Died in a Heroic Fight with a Grizzly Bear.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 02:42:44 pm »

I think you only need to memorialize or bury dwarves.  That applies to all dwarves that die on your site, including non-residents like merchants or their bodyguards.

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 03:21:40 pm »

Version 43.01: adds ghosts for all residents of your fort, not just dwarves
Version 43.02: fixes bug that included invading armies in the ghost-makers, resulting in every siege being followed by a mass haunting.
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 05:30:01 pm »

I've had visitors dying due to sieges plus one visitor dwarf drinking himself to death. Two of the visitor dwarves were buried (including the drunkard), but none of the others, and I'm fairly sure some of those were dwarves.
I did ask the forum what the criteria for burial was, but no definite answer materialized. My current guess is that they need to be dwarves and be visiting, i.e. have talked to someone so they display a reason for visiting. That visiting condition would then end when they display the leaving desire. All the bodies were recovered, and the dorfs had ample time to haul them to coffin accepting citizens but not pets.

Niddhoger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 12:39:50 am »

I had a naturilized hoo-man citizen to my fort (applied for residency then applied for citizenship) get a full burial.  She was a human dancer that I couldn't assign to my secondary tavern, but she liked steel.  So I gave her some weaponsmith training to see if she could mood, but then a forgotten beast came into my fort through a hole a bloody tree left after felling it (another reason to hate nature!) and I lost her.  My dorfs immediatley gave her a full burial in my catacombs.

The spoony hooman bard that drank himself to death in my booze stockpile was promptly ignored by my denizens until I marked his body for dumping.  He was just a long-term resident iirc, but may have just been a visitor.  I mostly remember the hooman dancer being a citizen over my dismay that I couldn't even make her a scholar, yet alone get her to perform somewhere else in my fort.  I gave her a nickname after she became a citizen, too.  You can freely memorialize those visitors and long-term guests, though.

TL:DR, its probably linked to citizenship status for non-dorfs.  I don't know if that hooman would have returned as a ghost, but my dorfs immediately buried her without question.

Back to the OP's original problem... I really wish we could "de-invite" both guests and long-term residents alike.  Some way to revoke their residency, or just kick them out.  The first time I had a problem with this, was when I realized a long term resident (another hooman dancer) turned out to be a vampire.  Since she was just a resident, I couldn't assign her to a burrow.  I couldn't assign her as a militia captain either (squad of 1), nor order my military to gank her vampy ass.  I eventually saw her wander into an empty temple and locked the door behind her.  Years later she was miffed at being bored, but still perfectly fine.  I eventually got around to diverting a forgotten beast into her room.  Apparently web-spitting FB > vampire.  I named him Bob. This was in 42.04 too, when Toady claimed to have reduced the number of vampires through implementing world-gen vampire purges. In all my years of playing DF, I had never encountered one before.  I had 3 people die from 2 separate vampires (one was a migrant gem cutter) within 4 years of this fort created in 42.04 though.

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 05:19:16 pm »

Can military squads be sent to dispatch them without a loyalty cascade?
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.