Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 795

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1014541 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #4665 on: January 15, 2017, 08:15:18 pm »

The Balkans (Kosovo and Serbia specifically) seems to be simmering a bit. Unless this kind of thing is actually rather common.

Goes to show the kinds of problems that will soon be Trump's to pay attention to. Though seems like he'd rather just let them slug it out.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4666 on: January 15, 2017, 11:09:02 pm »

The Balkans have been in perpetual outrage since the Roman Empire died, it has two temperatures: simmering and boiled

Strategically, Serbia cannot start war with Kosovo. It seems then Serbia is instead trying to provoke Kosovo into war. Possibly, neither want war, but are retarded.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4667 on: January 16, 2017, 01:24:03 pm »

Yeah, there's a reason that at this point I simply refer to my father as "Yugoslavian" over trying to explain exactly what sort of Balkan mutt he is. Besides, he was technically born in Yugoslavia so it works.

As for the Balkans being simmering/boiled, there was a nice little bit in the 9th century prior to Greek reconquest where things were rather nice between Serbia (Raska at the time) and Croatia. Next time you have an independent Serbia it's with the forming of the Kingdom (and then Empire) of Serbia, which mostly involved conquering everything in the region except Croatia (because Hungary). And then Ottomans.
I like the transition from Stefan the mighty to his son Stefan the weak. Fortunes change like palms turning over, in a flash

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4668 on: January 16, 2017, 02:32:41 pm »

For a second I thought this was CK2 thread.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4669 on: January 16, 2017, 02:58:39 pm »

>implying it's not

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4670 on: January 16, 2017, 04:30:20 pm »

I'm imagining some weird history where Greece is lending money to a failing Germany.
YUO PAY DEBTS GERMONEY

In all seriousness though Greece is a tragedy. I'm not even sure that being Serbian could fix their nation

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4672 on: January 16, 2017, 04:40:03 pm »

We all know that there is only one thing that could save Greece.
Hussars cannot charge debts away

“Our country is doomed,” sighs Savvas Tzironis, summing up the mood. “Everything goes from bad to worse.”
Greece is kill

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: January 16, 2017, 04:41:59 pm »

We all know that there is only one thing that could save Greece.
Hussars cannot charge debts away
Can run through creditors though. If there's nobody for you to pay back, there's no debt.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4674 on: January 16, 2017, 04:44:42 pm »

Can run through creditors though. If there's nobody for you to pay back, there's no debt.
*Mental image of German businessmen running away from a Winged Hussar charge.*
...yeah...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: January 17, 2017, 11:19:51 am »

So, EP Presidential elections are underway. Tajani got a solid lead after two rounds of voting, but not an absolute majority. If no candidates has a majority after three rounds of voting, it comes down to the two frontrunner, in this case Antonio Tajani (Forza Italia, EPP, center-right) and Gianni Piuttella (PD, S&D, Center Left). Guy Verhofstadt, my homeboy withdrew his candidacy right before the vote. Next round start in ten minutes.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: January 19, 2017, 04:45:22 am »

First 'Silk Road' freight train arrives in UK from China

The train began its intercontinental journey in the eastern Chinese city of Yiwu on January 1. It then passed through Kazakhstan, Russia, Belarus, Poland, Germany, Belgium and France before entering Britain through the English Channel.

An entire new trade transportation route! Hopefully this, combined with the European alternative energy source projects and standing sanctions on the sales of oil equipment, will make Russian government fully abandon the cursed natural resources based economy and switch over to being an upstanding economical trading power, like Singapore and South Korea.
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: January 19, 2017, 08:02:30 am »

It's the first to go to the UK but there has been other to France, Beglium and Germany before.

It could be bad news for place like Morocco: they have large textile industries based on the fact that they can supply fashion to Europe faster than a ship from China. On the other hand, as China grow richer  lower labour costs are less of an issue, and Morrocco can always improve its infrastructure too.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4678 on: January 19, 2017, 08:40:55 am »

Russia seems to just be doubling down on their resource dependency with their cheeki arctic exploits so it's unlikely they'll go full Singapore soon. They could become a Norway though, using their energy revenues to renovate their state and citizen's welfare, Putin banning smokes for kids for example is a step in the right direction in the style of Singapore's Lee Kuan Yew

Also Morocco has kinda been getting screwed over in textiles since Portugal found the Cape route, I kekkled heartily reading old accounts from London wool merchants of the 19th century complaining about Moroccan leather, Indian cotton and Chinese silk running them outta business. Such changes are sweeping and Morocco can't do much but adapt to the times sadly

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: January 19, 2017, 08:47:14 am »

They're still a major producer for companies like Zara that want to be able to deliver new clothing without waiting for a month of shipping time.

Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 795