Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Game Over, Town Win  (Read 38797 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Day 3: That's not the surprise...
« Reply #360 on: February 08, 2016, 11:42:11 pm »

Gee I'm sorry its considered bandwagoning if you actually think they are scum.

OSG, like me you haven't committed to much and I really can't get pass how your "logic" made sense to you earlier in the game.

Those are the two main points, I have HW or I would be digging for more right now.
Your reasons were exactly the same as somebody else's reason without any embellishment or additions of any kind. And If you felt that way, why didn't you vote much earlier?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 09, 2016, 09:17:13 am »

Your case about me continuing longer even after it caused everybody to vote for me is actually counterintuitive for scum. Why would scum continue to do something after it IMMIDIATELY got everybody to vote for him? I find the stuff I did to be really usefull in organizing my ideas which is why I kept doing it. Did any of you even consider the possibility that Hector could have fakeclaimed before I mentioned if? I don't think that he did, but knowing that he could  would help me out in a situation where he isn't nightkilled. TMS gave the suggestion that we vote no-lynch, than doc protect hector. This kind of plan has no downsides and guarentees a win in a situation where Hector is scum. Why do you guys not like fallback plans with no downsides? It is like an extra assurance.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 09, 2016, 09:39:49 am »

Your case about me continuing longer even after it caused everybody to vote for me is actually counterintuitive for scum. Why would scum continue to do something after it IMMIDIATELY got everybody to vote for him? I find the stuff I did to be really usefull in organizing my ideas which is why I kept doing it. Did any of you even consider the possibility that Hector could have fakeclaimed before I mentioned if? I don't think that he did, but knowing that he could  would help me out in a situation where he isn't nightkilled. TMS gave the suggestion that we vote no-lynch, than doc protect hector. This kind of plan has no downsides and guarentees a win in a situation where Hector is scum. Why do you guys not like fallback plans with no downsides? It is like an extra assurance.

Mostly because we've already discussed that fallback, specifically in how useless a no lynch would be, and then you're willing to waste both PRs during the night. You've also essentially made it much easier for the scum to find the jailor - if one exists - by getting everyone to discuss it, though I won't say how. Yet you still discuss it. You only need to do a statistical thing one time, because the numbers won't change based on what happens in the game, but you've been harping on about it for ages, pulling us back in to discussing it and keeping us from putting attention on other players.

Instead of defending yourself directly, perhaps you'd like to be pro-active and pressure someone else? Or do you not like the idea of clearing someone else so we return our attention to you?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Day 3: Whoops, lost track of another brain...
« Reply #363 on: February 09, 2016, 12:23:42 pm »

Okay, if we look at all of Fillipk's votes this game:

He first votes for roo in RVS. Roo is a nutoriously disliked by many and thus, roo would be pretty easy to lynch day 1.
Roo what crazy gambit are you planning to pull this time?
Then He OMGUS's Heydude
Eh, the only reason why I haven't unvoted yet is because with very the little evidence we do have, fillipk is the most likely person to be scum. It's perfectly possible that this is all just a misunderstanding but until a more likely candidate arrives, my vote is the same.
Let me get one thing straight, the only reason you are voting for me is because you misinterpreted what I said and thought I actually meant my vote, and you admit this yet you are still voting for me.  Unvote,

Heydude6
you admitted that you see TheMoonlitShadow as suspicious because he bandwagon'd me for the exact same reasons you did, a vote, a vote in the first post of the game, where there is no possible way for me to know anything about anyone at all, what evidence do you have besides a misunderstanding of my posts.
He didn't vote for anybody day 2, even though he was active at several points during it and he even extended and shortened it... All without voting. Why would you shorten a day without voting anybody? Next day, everybody is voting him and he votes the Moonlit Shadow for BS reasons like DA was without internet:
Okay we aren't doing this, extend we need to discuss this more and that includes you Deus Asmoth, I know you are back, this needs more discussion right now.

Wait TheMoonlit Shadow but since Teneb was up for replacement Mafia probably wouldn't vote for him since there was no reason which leaves me, moonlit and Deus, Deus had internet problems so I don't think it's him, and I know I'm just a VT so that leaves one person right?
People start voting me, so he starts voting me:
Doctor claiming would also be a bad thing. The scum would instead kill the doc while Hector would have a 1/3 chance of finding scum... Not a great plan.

Hector, I know I made a mistake for suggesting everybody to no lynch. But what exactly have I done that is scummy to you? Trying to figure out which course of action has the highest statistical chance of killing the scum is not something the scum would do.
First Doc claiming would be a great idea because it would guarantee a town win, Hector, Moonlit, and the Jailor would be confirmed town leaving 2 people as possible scum, lynch one today and one tomorrow. Unvote

OSG
your right why am I voting Deus when OSG is much more scummier, not that it matters with me being the lynch target.
People starrt voting Deus Asmoth, he starts voting Deus Asmoth:
There are two votes on me, one vote on Deus, and one vote on OSG, I'm up to be lynched not you OSG, you were never up to be lynched.

I'm not the jailor, but I find it weird that Deus popped up when suspicion was turned on him but is letting us discuss who to lynch without his input, suspicious enough to vote him.  Unvote,   Deus Asmoth please be more active.
Hector started voting me again, so he votes for me again. All the time using other people's reasoning.
I just came down with a really bad case of pink-eye. It hurts to open my right eye. It came so suddenly... hopefully it will go away soon.
hope that you get better

oh and unvote

OSG
I said it earlier today, but Deus caught my eye for some reason, your logic was anti-town and it wasn't even hard to see this.
Every single vote of his (other than his RVS) were after somebody else was already voting him and his reasons either don't make sense, or they are stolen from somebody else. He has been bandwagoning the whole game.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 09, 2016, 01:16:51 pm »

What say you to that, fillipk?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 09, 2016, 09:46:44 pm »

Where is everybody? Deus Asmoth is usually on at around this time.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 09, 2016, 09:49:11 pm »

Fillipk is also updating his game.

Maybe this is a bastard game disguised as a beginner's mafia, and everyone besides us is scum :o

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 09, 2016, 10:13:28 pm »

The day got extended? Ok, I guess.

On OSG's points about fillipk, yeah, I thought he was scummy for that and his constant changing of the story regarding his response to Oscar earlier. OSG is just higher on my list right now.

Also:
Oh, phew. I forgot Hector changed his vote to me again.

Hector, you were talking about how stupid it would have been if you were scum to claim cop. Do the same for me.
How stupid would it have been to Bus Taneb, when there wasn't even a massive wagon on him, and then put all my attention on myself with all the stuff I did.
You voted for Teneb about four hours before the day ended. Your choices were either tying the vote, bussing him or not voting. None of those choices are particularly great, but bussing is probably the better one.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deus Asmoth: Why do you think sharing your reads is a good idea? A scum read is generally dangerous, but a town read seems more like a safer one - one to stop the mafia from killing you if you get lucky and that person's scum.
Sharing reads is almost always a good idea. It gives town more information. Also, scum would be hesitant to nk somebody in that situation because then eveybody would recognize that Deus Asmoth was had reads on certain people and so forth.

As for my reads so far:
Fillipk: Slight scum due to weirdness with sarcasm.
O. Wilde: Town lean: good content and logical reasoning.
TheMoonlitShadow: mostly neutral with ever so slight scum lean: some of his activity day 1 is a bit strrange, but not all that much.
H4zard: scum lean due to lurkiness. If he doesn't get replaced, we should lynch him for his 3 posts and then nothing.
Deus Asmoth: town lean for good content and informative reads.
Hector13: Null. I really don't know yet.
Origamiscienceguy: Who is this guy again?
I first voted him here, 4 days befoe lynch. Then, Taneb replaced, and I wanted to give him time to answer some questions, but then he quit so I was back in the same boat. So I was voting him for 4 days. And also, the votes were tied when I voted for him. I could have voted Fillipk and lynched him instead, or voted anybody I wanted and leave it be a tie. I was the one who put the deciding vote on him, I didn't have to do that at all.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 09, 2016, 10:56:29 pm »

You ended up putting the deciding vote on him because TMS's wasn't counted. You had no way of knowing that would happen at the time.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 09, 2016, 11:20:59 pm »

Okay, but I was voting for H4zard before TMS, I only unvoted once Taneb replaced in, but put it back when he ended up in the same exact position.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 09, 2016, 11:26:11 pm »

What say you to that, fillipk?
Pretty accurate if you look at it like that I guess, day 1 votes were my own but after that I kinda went along with the flow, though I think you are being too hard some of them this day, a couple of the votes were my reasons that other people used to support a vote on you.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 10, 2016, 11:04:34 am »

So... Is anybody going to reactTM to Fillipk's confession of Bandwagoning? I'll quote the OP:

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 10, 2016, 11:14:10 am »

Hohoho. Lawsuit from the whoeverthefuck brothers that tried to do that.

Anyway, you've indulged in those three up there, so if we're going by common tell count, you're still the one

You're also trying to get the next-easiest lynch. Why not pressure DA, since no one else has really done that throughout the game?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 10, 2016, 11:45:35 am »

Hohoho. Lawsuit from the whoeverthefuck brothers that tried to do that.

Anyway, you've indulged in those three up there, so if we're going by common tell count, you're still the one

You're also trying to get the next-easiest lynch. Why not pressure DA, since no one else has really done that throughout the game?
Because I think Fillipk is scum. I actually think Deus Asmoth is very towny.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27