Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Game Over, Town Win  (Read 38782 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Day 3: That's not the surprise...
« Reply #375 on: February 10, 2016, 11:53:23 am »

Hohoho. Lawsuit from the whoeverthefuck brothers that tried to do that.

Anyway, you've indulged in those three up there, so if we're going by common tell count, you're still the one

You're also trying to get the next-easiest lynch. Why not pressure DA, since no one else has really done that throughout the game?
Because I think Fillipk is scum. I actually think Deus Asmoth is very towny.
What makes you think that?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 10, 2016, 12:01:20 pm »

He has been active and always has a reason to vote for somebody. Most of the time it is a reason nobody else has been using before.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 10, 2016, 12:16:39 pm »

Doesn't really make him town though... anyway, according to lurker tracker, DA has been the least active of us, so... maybe try again?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 10, 2016, 12:21:17 pm »

He has been consistently been getting on and posting at the same time, so that's scheduling and real life stuff. Most, if not all, of his posts have been insightful in some way (wheres we talk about the super bowl)
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 10, 2016, 12:27:15 pm »

He's experienced enough to be an IC, so of course he's going to make insightful posts. Does good insight make someone town?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 10, 2016, 02:06:14 pm »

It helps town more than someone who just says what everybody else is saying and only does the "safe" votes and lynches.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 10, 2016, 02:11:30 pm »

Well you're asking us to reconsider our stance on you, so I'm pointing out that you're pretty much just assuming because DA is playing well must mean he's town.

Since you won't do it, I guess I will.

DA: given that we've kind of pointed out all the things that are making fillipk (lack of engagement, following the herd, bandwagoning) and OSG (active lurking, obfuscation despite being told to stop, defensiveness) our top scumspects, what makes you think OSG is more likely to be scum than fillipk?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 10, 2016, 02:19:10 pm »

I am not assuming anything. I thought you would get that when I brought up the possibility that you fakeclaimed. I just think it is a lynch more likely to get scum if we lynch Fillipk.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 10, 2016, 02:29:48 pm »

That's not what you said though:

I actually think Deus Asmoth is very towny.

That's an assumption, based on:

He has been active and always has a reason to vote for somebody. Most of the time it is a reason nobody else has been using before.

Maxim: "Activity is not indicative of alignment"

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 10, 2016, 02:32:00 pm »

It is a clue, or a tell. Not an absolute though.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 10, 2016, 04:10:19 pm »

DA: given that we've kind of pointed out all the things that are making fillipk (lack of engagement, following the herd, bandwagoning) and OSG (active lurking, obfuscation despite being told to stop, defensiveness) our top scumspects, what makes you think OSG is more likely to be scum than fillipk?
fillipk's play is similar to his play in the cult game I ran. It's not particularly good town play, but it's not unexpected for an inexperienced player. OSG does have experience though, and the last minute vote on Teneb (with no justification besides being 'back to square one') and pushing for pointless discussion about extremely unlikely scenarios don't benefit the town in any way.

As an aside:
fillipk, I probably should have said this at the time, but giving up rather than actually engaging with the people accusing you of being scum is terrible play, especially that early on in the day. Don't do it.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 10, 2016, 05:26:50 pm »

The day has been mod-extended by three hours. This is to ensure that I will be around to end the day.

Day 2 ends in roughly 4.5 hours.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 10, 2016, 06:43:14 pm »

TMS: Where are you and what do you think about what's been going on?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 10, 2016, 07:37:05 pm »

fillipk's play is similar to his play in the cult game I ran. It's not particularly good town play, but it's not unexpected for an inexperienced player. OSG does have experience though, and the last minute vote on Teneb (with no justification besides being 'back to square one') and pushing for pointless discussion about extremely unlikely scenarios don't benefit the town in any way.

As an aside:
fillipk, I probably should have said this at the time, but giving up rather than actually engaging with the people accusing you of being scum is terrible play, especially that early on in the day. Don't do it.
Okay, I'll remember this for next time, I think the first time was me seeing who would deny the town a valuable day of talking by trying to shorten with me but the rest was just bad.

Sorry for inactivity I'm kind of under the weather at the moment so I'm sleeping a lot.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Game Over, Town Win
« Reply #389 on: February 10, 2016, 10:44:46 pm »

You decide that OSG is an alien. You talk for a while and decide that OSG is still an alien. Finally, you talk and decide that OSG is an alien.

Then you throw him in the ship's nuclear reactor. Just before he dies, his disguise disappears and you see that he is, indeed, an alien.

Now that the aliens are dead, you are free to prepare for the next several years of the journey and eventually settle a new planet. Meanwhile, the alien leader sneaks away in disappointment.

origamiscienceguy has died! He was mafia!

Quote from: Vanilla Mafioso
You are an alien. For some nefarious reason, you want to eliminate all the people. However, first you must eliminate the people who are still alive so that you can accomplish your goals in peace.

You are mafia. You have access to the shared night kill of your faction. You may plot with your partner [In a secret topic on quicktopic.com that will be visible only to you and your partner].

Win condition: You win when the town faction has equal or less players than your faction.

Votes:

hector13 -
fillipk - origamiscienceguy,
The Moonlit Shadow -
origamiscienceguy - Deus Asmoth, hector13, The Moonlit Shadow, fillipk
Deus Asmoth -
No lynch -

hector13 was the alignment cop and everyone else was vanilla town.

deadchat (really short because only one person who died hadn't replaced out shortly before dying

scumchat
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 10:47:08 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27