Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Mission 27:Avalanche team (ready)  (Read 26299 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27:Avalanche team
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2016, 10:36:24 pm »

Continue overwatch.

((He told me to do so to make sure you wouldn't forget about the Id incoming I assume.))

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2016, 03:57:14 am »

"Maaaaaaauuuuuriiice!"

Think vengeful thoughts. Fly over to the portal/bridge place and find Vanessa.

Unless Kate lives somehow. In which case fly closer to the rope, to a distance I can throw the twitchblade over quite easily, keeping the shuttle between me and her as much as possible. Then cut the rope, throwing or just stabbing.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 11:13:52 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
  • Art by Tae (Raspcherry)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2016, 09:22:34 am »

"You're telling me." Meet up with Trier and try to assess the next course of action.Try to casually ignore the civilian murdering.
Come on up to the stage! Are you trembling with fear and excitement?

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2016, 08:23:42 pm »

Stand about 5 meters from Kate, all friendly-like.

Wait for Chris to start attacking Kate.

Then shoot Kate, center of mass, as many times as possible without losing accuracy. While praising Ingram. Offer her ashes to Ahnubi as a sacrifice.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 08:30:25 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2016, 08:44:09 pm »

Put up faceplate and discourage loyalty cascades with disapproving silent protagonist glares.

Contemplate the fact that the fate of humanity relies on a massive wetware computer that allowed a child to attend a mission to save the universe because it was high on Hydrocodone at the time.

If there's time, yell at the civilians over the loudspeakers about the gloriousness of our cause.

Ok. There's a lot of people right now who are misbehaving. Warm up a nice drill-sergeant and begin yelling at people in this order:
Avalanche team, for excessive teamkilling.
Blizzard team, for being scary and chasing people off.
Firestorm team, for being slightly less scary than Blizzard.
Steve, for assigning the HMRC to such a sensitive mission.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 12:44:07 pm by Egan_BW »
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2016, 09:13:59 pm »

OI M8 WHERE'S MY ACTION
"Well that was dumb. Also, I figured out how to talk somehow! Take that,  stasis dementia!"
Get on doorlaser, given that no-one else is here to hog it to themselves. Yell at civilians over the radio.

Contemplate the fact that the fate of humanity relies on a massive wetware computer that allowed a child to attend a mission to save the universe because it was high on Hydrocodone at the time.

You take up a post on the mounted laser and swing it around a bit while contemplating the doomed state of the universe and the mad machine god you've placed your future in the digital hands of. Hmmm

All you can think of is something about a gangster computer god on the far side of the moon.

"Ah now this brings me back to when I got to help the troubleshooters collect some "protection" money."
Wave back to Lysandra and stab the first civilian who looks at me funny with my crystalline projector. Scream "YOU DIDNT SEE ANYTHING!" to everyone else as I do this.
There are no civilians anywhere near you now. I mean, can you blame them? You're a space man covered in blood, waving around what looks like a weaponized walkman and screaming about how sneaky you are. That kind of behavior is a better deterrent than tear gas.

Continue overwatch.

((He told me to do so to make sure you wouldn't forget about the Id incoming I assume.))
I'm gonna say no to that id summoning. Ids are powerful enough without being able to be summoned at long distance. If he wants to bring it in, he'll need to come in himself.

Should put a stand style range on these things.

You continue to keep your eyes pealed for people who want to shoot you, teammate or otherwise.

Like the following man, for instance.

Stand about 5 meters from Kate, all friendly-like.

Wait for Chris to start attacking Kate.

Then shoot Kate, center of mass, as many times as possible without losing accuracy. While praising Ingram. Offer her ashes to Ahnubi as a sacrifice.

Well lets roll, shall we?

Ramses jumps out of the landed shuttle and swings his gun up toward Kate,  but she gets a shot in first. Her shot wings him, catching him off center in the leg. The hit isn't enough to break the bone or damage the limb beyond a nasty bruise, but the force of it knocks his feet out of under him and sends him face down onto the ramshackle wooden foundation of the floating slum.

"Maaaaaaauuuuuriiice!"

Think vengeful thoughts. Fly over to the portal/bridge place and find Vanessa.

Unless Kate lives somehow. In which case fly closer to the rope, to a distance I can throw the twitchblade over quite easily, keeping the shuttle between me and her as much as possible. Then cut the rope, throwing or just stabbing.

You fly straight over to the LANDED shuttle and proceed to cut the rope that is NOT SUPPORTING KATE IN ANY WAY AND IS IN FACT HAMPERING HER BY ANCHORING HER TO THE SHUTTLE.

This woman with a broken spine is so far holding her own against several teammates.

"You're telling me." Meet up with Trier and try to assess the next course of action.Try to casually ignore the civilian murdering.
The next course of action? Well, the slum is on fire in several places, the civilians are starting to stream back in from the mountains only to find their stuff burgled or burnt, and your team is actively attempting to kill one of its members and failing. The best plan of action is probably to retire and get a drink.

Put up faceplate and discourage loyalty cascades with disapproving silent protagonist glares.

If there's time, yell at the civilians over the loudspeakers about the gloriousness of our cause.

Ok. There's a lot of people right now who are misbehaving. Warm up a nice drill-sergeant and begin yelling at people in this order:
Avalanche team, for excessive teamkilling.
Blizzard team, for being scary and chasing people off.
Firestorm team, for being slightly less scary than Blizzard.
Steve, for assigning the HMRC to such a sensitive mission.

>Don't care, saved civies.

As per that yelling, do it in the chatter thread. Get creative.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2016, 09:55:31 pm »

Lie Prone, shoot the Kate more until it stops living.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2016, 09:57:34 pm »

Shoot to behead, with lasers.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2016, 10:06:01 pm »

"Ugh, this is a mess, why should I bother?"

Take cover from ensuing stupid fucking friendly fire laser fight.

March on over to the rioting crowd and start beating thieves and troublemakers senseless while using Charisma to still appear heroic.

While doing so, speech roll this rant at Auron's Id. Try to demoralize it so it stops committing mass-murder.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 03:17:03 pm by Egan_BW »
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2016, 10:13:14 pm »

((Nunzillor's character already evac'd Kate and is elsewhere now.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
  • Art by Tae (Raspcherry)
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2016, 10:16:29 pm »

Try to rally the civilians. We need to establish order or chaos will ensue.

"Attention, everyone! Can I have your attention please?" Lysander shouts from a high place in hopes of getting the civilians to listen. "Who among you is the leader of this town?"
Come on up to the stage! Are you trembling with fear and excitement?

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2016, 12:31:29 am »

Join Gordon Freeman in his conflict with troublemakers but stab them with the crystal bayonet instead of beating them senseless.
((I am going to create a crystal abomination or die trying. :D))
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 12:46:48 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2016, 02:48:51 am »

Enter Exaggerated Movement Mode. Fly over to Vet team. Find Vanessa. Get fixed up, leaving EMM if necessary. Avoid projectiles, teamkilling, IEDs, psychopathic alien weapons, amateur pugilists, etc.

If any time after that, find someone in the crowd, if there is one, with weapons, and take them for myself.

((Thanks. Not sure how the shuttle landing got past me, might have been due to staggered turns.))
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 05:21:09 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Nunzillor

« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2016, 02:56:55 am »

((FYI, that's on the other side of the planet from us, apparently.  I made the same mistake earlier in thinking it was on the same island.))
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 05:39:56 am by Nunzillor »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2016, 11:55:00 am »

Lie Prone, shoot the Kate more until it stops living.
Kate got taken away by another team, so...good luck shooting a target several miles away with a mountain in the way.

Shoot to behead, with lasers.
You guys might want to keep an eye on other threads, because you're currently several miles away from people trying to kill you.

"Ugh, this is a mess, why should I bother?"

Take cover from ensuing stupid fucking friendly fire laser fight.

March on over to the rioting crowd and start beating thieves and troublemakers senseless while using Charisma to still appear heroic.

While doing so, speech roll this rant at Auron's Id. Try to demoralize it so it stops committing mass-murder.
[5]
You walk over the the nearest group of people that have somehow avoided auron's molten gold bombardment. You stand in front of them and loudly berate them with your hands on your hips. You call them all by their entire name, first and last. You tell them you're not angry, you're just disappointed. And then you tell them to sit down and think about what they've done.

You get a group of about 150 people to just sit down on the beach near the slums and feel bad about themselves.

That done, you walk a bit further and start yelling at auron has he melts people
[5]v[5]
You give him a solid berating and he gives you a solid ignoring. In all, it amounts to a solid nothing.

Try to rally the civilians. We need to establish order or chaos will ensue.

"Attention, everyone! Can I have your attention please?" Lysander shouts from a high place in hopes of getting the civilians to listen. "Who among you is the leader of this town?"
The only people near by that aren't melted or trapped by the melting is the group of 150 sadsacks that just got a tongue lashing. When you ask them they all just shrug and look at their feet.

Join Gordon Freeman in his conflict with troublemakers but stab them with the crystal bayonet instead of beating them senseless.
((I am going to create a crystal abomination or die trying. :D))
Well...none of them are fighting back so...hmm. You guess you could just go stab someone at random...

Enter Exaggerated Movement Mode. Fly over to Vet team. Find Vanessa. Get fixed up, leaving EMM if necessary. Avoid projectiles, teamkilling, IEDs, psychopathic alien weapons, amateur pugilists, etc.

If any time after that, find someone in the crowd, if there is one, with weapons, and take them for myself.

((Thanks. Not sure how the shuttle landing got past me, might have been due to staggered turns.))
The Supervets are on the other side of the planet, the vets are on the other side of the island.

You fly over to vanessa and she fixes you up. She actually completely replaces most of your organs and transfuses an entirely new supply of blood. Because of turd blood.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12