Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 40.24 equipmen trouble  (Read 426 times)

Psilobe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
40.24 equipmen trouble
« on: March 12, 2016, 12:51:24 am »

I'm having trouble that my dwarfs doesn't wear the right armour. They have filled in missing armor with lower grade alternatives and when better is available they dont update. One genius is just wearing a worn out wool cap on his head yet the equipment menu still says he has what he needs. Is there any way to force dwarfs to recheck their equipment?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 40.24 equipmen trouble
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 12:57:50 am »

I'm having trouble that my dwarfs doesn't wear the right armour. They have filled in missing armor with lower grade alternatives and when better is available they dont update. One genius is just wearing a worn out wool cap on his head yet the equipment menu still says he has what he needs. Is there any way to force dwarfs to recheck their equipment?
If he's wearing  wool cap, you've forgotten to turn on 'replace clothing'. Eqipment menu says what's available, not what a dwarf is actually wearing.

Toady partially fixed layers in 42.x so it's a bit better now (they'll replace a cap with a helmet even when set to 'wear over clothing') than in 40.24, although they still end up getting confused about boots.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:59:24 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Psilobe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 01:00:41 am »

Always thought that showed that they had equipped the right thing. The more you know. Thanks for the help they are now moving to equip the right stuff!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 02:04:11 am »

Slight expansion of Shonai_Dweller's explanation: The equipment menu shows what's allocated (and thus not available to anyone else), so the items are "owned" by that military position, but you'd have to look at the inventory to see what's actually worn/carried. Thus, a new recruit may have a full set of items allocated, but have yet to pick most of the things up.