Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Evolved RTD: [Turn 10.1: Adverse Conditions Combat Phase]  (Read 27332 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[ready for second half]

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Would using a larger-than-suit-specified dagger make it harder to use in combat? If so - getting the kreds back. If not - increase Veliane's dagger by one size.))

((And since I'm doing OOC anyway - Nakeen specified that his 'Novice Scanner' skill would be 'Novice Scout' over in the OOC thread.))

"No questions from me."

Ready for the second half of the turn.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Would using a larger-than-suit-specified dagger make it harder to use in combat? If so - getting the kreds back. If not - increase Veliane's dagger by one size.))

((And since I'm doing OOC anyway - Nakeen specified that his 'Novice Scanner' skill would be 'Novice Scout' over in the OOC thread.))
((Thanks for the dagger ! Wanted to ask for this, but as it was past buying phase I didn't bother.))

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Thanks for the dagger ! Wanted to ask for this, but as it was past buying phase I didn't bother.))

((No, since we are down the 5th player, the one using the large dagger. He can get his money back, he bought 2/2 for you guys. And yes, using a larger dagger is somewhat unwieldy. For you it would be the size of a large machete/sword. She'd have to hold it with two hands, instead of one. And she can hold her gun with one hand, albeit accuracy will be lower, though she can do it. Not with a larger dagger. So it's a trade-off. She will be more deadly in close combat, but have less options in that regards.

Seems I failed to notice that one. I will fix it in the 2nd part, but I was planning to add the items as well then.))
Durrr..

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((No, since we are down the 5th player, the one using the large dagger. He can get his money back, he bought 2/2 for you guys. And yes, using a larger dagger is somewhat unwieldy. For you it would be the size of a large machete/sword. She'd have to hold it with two hands, instead of one. And she can hold her gun with one hand, albeit accuracy will be lower, though she can do it. Not with a larger dagger. So it's a trade-off. She will be more deadly in close combat, but have less options in that regards.

Seems I failed to notice that one. I will fix it in the 2nd part, but I was planning to add the items as well then.))
((No problem then. It would have been fun to wield a big-ass sword :P))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Put the large dagger in a 'limbo' of sorts. If someone joins, they can have it. If no one does, it gets turned back into kreds.))

((Nakeen, do you want a somewhat unwieldy medium dagger or do you stick with the light dagger? If you do, let's retroactively upgrade your dagger into a medium. We have enough kreds for that. Or you could grab the large one. Though that would be a bit impractical.))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Put the large dagger in a 'limbo' of sorts. If someone joins, they can have it. If no one does, it gets turned back into kreds.))

((Nakeen, do you want a somewhat unwieldy medium dagger or do you stick with the light dagger? If you do, let's retroactively upgrade your dagger into a medium. We have enough kreds for that. Or you could grab the large one. Though that would be a bit impractical.))
((I will just stay with the dagger fitting my mech, no need to complicate anything :) ))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Ready for second part.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 5: Landfall

((I will add the tables for the bullets and dagger later. So basically I will neated up the inventory in what it's supposed to look like but haven't got the time for that now.))

Silence fills the room, broken by Reynard speaking.

“No questions from me.”
With no one speaking up, it seems as the rest agrees.
Oyli takes the word again.

“Good. Go to the hangar bay, we’ll distribute our gear there and upload Nova with the help of some technicians.

I will have to speak with some of my crew to check the landing status. But I’m always available through our communications system if you hail us. Good luck.”

With the debriefing finished, Nova approaches the squad.
“I will lead you to the hangar bay now. It’s not as big as Atlas’s Prime hangar, but it fits our needs.”

A short moment later, the squad arrives at the hangar. Multiple drones, buggy’s and a hoverbike fill the space. Suddenly the bay door opens. The outside illuminates the murky hangar with its blinding light and a breeze of hot air hits the squad.
One of the hangar workers, approaches the squad.
“Please follow me, we got your equipment ready over at the hangar exit.”

The squad approaches the blinding outside. Slowly but surely, their eyes adjust, revealing the landscape just outside. A blue sky filled with thin streaky clouds, large plains fill the horizon, with thin vegetation coloring the otherwise beige colored landscape. In the distance some movement can be seen, unmistakably some alien life, but unsure as to what.

“Please hold still, while we perform a quick maintenance.”
A technician approaches each of the members, with a holo pad at hand. A series of short tests, quickly put an end to the maintenance. Finally Nova is uploaded. The screens display a couple of update windows, then Nova’s voice confirming that she’s been uploaded and that the software is functional.
“Nova monitoring software installed.
Connection # 5634 established.”

Followed by a myriad of other statements, which are not very intriguing for the squad but is for the technicians, which tick off a checkbox for each statement. As the last statement is said, the technicians finish up.
“We’re ready. You can go outside now. We wish you luck.”

The squad picks up their gear and Reynard distributes the things he bought. While they walk off the sloped hangar door onto Atlassian Soil, a drone follows them.
It’s a quadrupedal drone. A huge torso, lightly armored, supported by 4 flexibile legs is what they need to defend. It looks like a walking brick, but is much more than that.

Michelle remarks that she saw these in her childhood, and Reynard, Velaine and Mari comment that they have too. Reynard adds, that these are extremely common and highly flexible in their loadouts.

With the squad being fully outside, they can see the forestation on the side of Nova. Thick leaved plants, huge purple-ish colored trees and bright flowers can be seen in what seems to be an endless jungle filled with thousands of other plants. On the left, there are the plains, with mountains in far horizon.

“Let’s get a move on. We still got a long way to go.” and with those words spoken, the squad started moving into the large open expanse to the designated location.

[ENCOUNTER ROLL:(6) SOMEWHAT GOOD!]
A few hours pass with the sun blazing down onto the squad. Some comments can be heard over internal comms on how hot it is and that the internal cooling never cools enough.
The terrain has slightly changed since then. It’s become more rocky, with spots of shade here and there. Plants can be found near the shadows of a more green color.

Suddenly some creatures pop up from the ground, 5...10...15..17. Slinky in looks with a big abdomen, dark colored, with no visible eyes, but huge mandibles on the underside of what seems to be their jaw and head. They hop forward like grasshoppers.
The squad immediately enters battle stance, as they raise their guns onto the oncoming group of animals.

“Nova, What are these things and must we shoot?”
“Negative, Reynard. These are friendly, or at least friendly to us.”
“That’s great, but that doesn’t answer my question.”
“They’re an insect based scavenger creature. They operate in packs as you can see. They have no vision but seem to operate from a combination of smell, hear and tremor sense. We are unsure as to how sensitive they are in those regards but they pop up whenever something walks over their nest.
They might nip at you, but are easily scared off by loud sounds. No confirmed deaths by them as of yet. There’s a bounty on them in regards to their nesting location and any information about it. 30k kreds for any confirmed live nest with a queen and a further 40k for samples from inside the nest. ”

What now?

Veliane "The Ebon Comet" Mirelante (Nakéen)
Do stuff.
(-) You gained 3 mags .57 cal AP ammo, light dagger.

Mari Bryan (Twinwolf)
Do stuff.
(-) You gained box of meds (3 x Naga skin, 3 x MM foam, 3 x Immuno booster, varying medical tools), 3 mags .57 cal AP ammo, light dagger.

Michelle "Honesty" Silver (AbstractTraitorHero)
Do stuff.
(-) You gained 4 x AP 7.62 mags, medium dagger.

Vacant Slot (No Player)
[Go to OOC thread, for character sheet and roll up something if interested.]
(-)

Reynard "Crimson Lightning" Durant (Hawk132)
Do stuff.
(-) You gained 3 mags .57 cal AP ammo, medium dagger.
Magical time-space dagger, Filler dagger.

Quote from: Veliane "The Ebon Comet" Mirelante (Nakéen)
Spoiler:  Player Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Player Condition (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Class (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Mari Bryan (Twinwolf)

Quote from: Michelle "Honesty" Silver (AbstractTraitorHero)

Quote from: ()

Quote from: Reynard "Crimson Lightning" Durant (Hawk132)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 08:26:45 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Evolved RTD: [Turn 5: Landfall][1 slot open!]
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2016, 08:31:18 am »

((With turn 5 underway, I would like to have a little bit of input in regards to how I construct these turns.
1. Are the turns clear in the type of information they should be displaying?
2. Is the formatting good so that you can properly figure out who is talking and when?
3. In regards to the writing about the surroundings and other things, do you want more or lesser? Specify if different.
4. Is there something missing in here which you would like to have for a quick overview?
5. Is the type of writing satisfactory or easy to read, or is there something I need to look at in order to improve on?

Answer these questions in the OOC Discussion Thread to prevent clutter.))
Durrr..

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2016, 11:13:40 pm »

"So we were sent down there to do some entomologist job ? Fair enough. Do we know anything about their queen ?"

Whatever the answer, Veliane spoke to her coworkers :
"Seems like a good occasion to de-rust our suits. I could follow those "giant blackhoppers" to do some recon, possibly finding their nest with some luck. No problem with that ?"

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2016, 04:41:22 am »

"So we were sent down there to do some entomologist job ? Fair enough. Do we know anything about their queen ?"

They look similar to these, but have a dark red color, are slightly larger and have an elongated abdomen for egg laying. We figure that these work like ants, so we assume that their queen lays eggs for the rest of her life after founding a nest.
If you find a nest, then they are usually holed up further in. So some cave exploration is necessary.  They are also very protective of the queen and the eggs, so don't attempt to touch these or get too close to them.
Durrr..

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2016, 08:56:11 am »

"Adoration and sarcasm
"they look kinda  cute let's take em all as pets "
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2016, 09:54:08 am »

((I like how Reynard is the general source of exposition on anything military.))

"A detour for a possible 30 thousand? I'm in. I'll come with you, Veliane."

"And no, they're not cute, kid."

If the rest of the team doesn't mind taking a detour, come with Veliane and help out with my tracking expertise.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2016, 09:58:39 am »

"Tottaly cute"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11