Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Raliton, SilverHalls. The Merchant Fort (Modded Succession fort.)  (Read 6349 times)

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
  • Order of the Black Arrow
    • View Profile

Raliton is a Community succession Fortress game in which the seven initial dwarves have No useful skills for starting a fortress, and must meek out survival until the first migrant wave. In the discussion, the scenario was set to that of a group of merchants deciding to settle down and found their own fort... on an island.
This is their story.

The players (Turn order. Current player in Green.)

1. Seiggrain Hart
2. TheImmortalRyukan
3. Gwolfski
4. Sanctume
5. MoonyTheHuman
6. Imic
7. Urist McRandomPerson. (The fort is still open for more players. If you want a turn, just say so. Same goes for being Dorfed. You must be Dorfed to have a turn though.)

Dwarf Tracker:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 04:12:29 pm by SeiggrainHart »

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Raliton, SilverHalls. The Merchant Fort
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 07:01:52 pm »

From the diary of 'Seiggrain Hart' Tekkudkadol:

"15th of Granite, year 100. The years have begun to grow weary on me. They told us that going out to be the merchants would be a good thing. That The Dwarven Kingdoms need as many as they could. We disagreed. We found ourselves on an seemingly abandoned island, it had plenty of Trees to chop down, that's for sure.

"We decided to set up shop here. 'There's no harm in another Fortress after all.' Adil would say. I disagree, though the others agreed with his optimism. Before setting up shop, both me and Ryukan took stock of the wares we had left, from when we were merchants... Things, did look good. But we'll need to dig in quickly, if we think that we'll survive."

"At least, due to us having a breeding pair of Turkeys, we'll not be strapped for food in that regard. After much deliberation, and discussion, we decided to name our new fortress Silverhalls, as Ushrir insists that we'll be finding plenty of Silver underground. I doubt this."

"After taking a look around our surroundings... I discovered that there's a few pools of drinkable water around us. But, There are spider webs near the closest one. We may have to avoid it until we can dig an area to deposit the water inside the fort. Though, both Gwolfski and Sanctume both insist that only Lizards are in the area. I pray that this is so."

"As for how we spread out the labors, both me and Ushrir picked up the pickaxes, Moony and Ryukan went to work on the farms, Sanctume and Adil began chopping down as many trees as they could get to, and Gwolfski insisted on being a mechanic. We didn't need anything else at the time, so we've let him do as he pleases."

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 07:15:56 pm »

Hip hip hip and away we go
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 08:03:11 pm »

"24th of Slate, Year 100. It's been a bit over a month since we arrived here. We've had a rain, but it wasn't that bad. Both me and Ushrir both have gotten the initial digging done, including a space for a depot, incase any one else may be on this island. Ryukan says we shouldn't bother, as trade is all but impossible here. I suppose that's why Adil named him the broker, at least until we can get someone to be a dedicated broker. We also had to empty out one of the lakes near us, to make an area for Moony and Ryukan to finally set to work and begin the farms."

"1st of Felsite, Year 100. It's begun to rain again, just in time for us to begin the mining out of the Storage level, that Adil asked us to dig out. We also have begun to move the stuff from the wagon, into the storage. Ryukan as recently begun complaining that he doesn't have an office yet, as he can't keep track of the items with out one. Adil also tasked us with sealing the hole we made into the lake. I'm not sure why we didn't do this right away..."

"14th of Felsite, Year 100. The water from the lake has begun drying up, leaving enough dirt and mud on the ground to start up a decent farm are for the seven of us, but Adil and I both worry about what we'll do when immigrants start showing up. If they do that is. Ryukan and Moony both are refusing to work however, as we had yet to clear out the gypsum rocks left from the mining. We've set ourselves to rectify this right away."

"1st of Hematite, Year 100. It is now Summer. We survived for three months at this place, and Ryukan has informed us that the Farms are beginning to grow the plants, which is a good thing. He told us that the only plants he and Moony have set into the ground so far are those of King's Mushroom and Plump Helmet, two plants that grow year round. As well, the mining of the Storage, as well as moving everything into the Fortress is going good. Even I am beginning to look on the bright side of things.

~~~~

Well, there goes the first three months of Raliton. Let's hope the rest of the year goes well...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 10:21:13 am by SeiggrainHart »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 10:21:20 am »

YAY! might wanna add in the title this is modd-
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Raliton, SilverHalls. The Merchant Fort (Modded Succession fort.)
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 01:17:37 am »

YAY! might wanna add in the title this is modd-

Good idea there.

elwhoop

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 04:51:34 am »

Can't wait to see how this develops, is this gonna be boatmurdered-long?

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 09:30:12 am »

Can't wait to see how this develops, is this gonna be boatmurdered-long?

At the moment, our plan is is to see how long we can survive, so perhaps.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 11:43:34 am »

Due to how long these 'diaries' could get, I'm only going to post images of major changes from now on, instead of trying to pair a passage with an image.

~~~~

"5th of Hematite, Year 100. The mining has gone slower due to everyone bringing in the wood logs that Sanctume and Adil chopped. Who knew trees could gt so much wood out of them. Ryukan has informed us that the Plump Helmet spawn has ran out, and we'll need to harvest more from the grown mushrooms. This is fine, as Adil has said that it's about time we got the workshop area mined out."

"17th of Hematite, Year 100. After Ryukan decided to fully become the broker, Adil tasked us in building a Depot out of the marble we found while digging out the central staircase. Ushrir agrees that we should build it out of the most valuable material we can get out hands on right now. I think it would be a waste of time. We need that marble for steel making."

"4th of Malachite, Year 100. Moony has begun calling himself a Planter, but I suppose that's fine, he's usually the one doing all the planting of the crops anyway. Adil informed us that the lake we drained is almost refiled, so we'll be able to go up to the surface and drink from them. I was still a bit wary of the spider webs, but there had been no sightings of them, so we deemed it safe to venture forth. As well, the mining of the initial Warehouses finally finished, as well as the filling of a warehouse with wood. Adil hasn't designated a second one yet, as it slowed down everything else."

"6th of Malachite, Year 100. Ushrir came over to me earlier today, flaunting what he found in the Mine layer. 'See! I told you!' He exclaimed, almost chanting it. We've found Silver hiding inside the marble. Other then that, we've only found a small strain of Mica and Saltpeter as well, as the first Gem of the fortress, a Pink Tourmaline. I don't know what else the rock hides from us."

~~~~

That's it for now. I'll post the rest of summer, and maybe a bit of Autumn later.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 07:38:21 pm by SeiggrainHart »

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 04:10:53 pm »

expect an update later sometime between later today, and tomorrow.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 08:57:13 pm »

"21st of Malachite, Year 100. A few of our fellow dwarves have decided to come and join Raliton as fellow citizens today. We directed them to Adil, as he's our leader. For now at least. As well, we got most of the mining done for the workshop area, and as such we got started on building the basic workshops."

"28th of Malachite, Year 100. Now that the majority of the regular fortress tasks are done, both me and Ushrir have decided to leave the hauling to the other warves, and focus on mining out as much of the rock as we can, until Adil gives us another thing to do."

"2nd of Galena, Year 100. We have struck something of major interest to our fort. A vein of Raw Iridium. This is something to be celebrated, or at least Ushrir believes so. In other news, we already have set the immigrants to work. We have also ran into another gem deposit, this time Chrysoberyl. Things are looking up for the fort."

"13th of Galena, Year 100. Most of the mining has been finished, as is the other tasks Adil has given us so far. We've struck a lot of things mining out that Marble, including that Iridium, which I plan on putting to good use."

~~~~

Sorry for the slightly late post, I had to take care of some personal stuff yesterday. And for those of you wondering, this Succession fort uses V0.1.3a of my mod, so there's no need to update to V0.1.4a. I'll still be adding stuff to the mo while the succession fort goes on. If need be, and if Raliton dies by then, I'll make another Succession fort when I finally release V0.2.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 08:02:53 pm by SeiggrainHart »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2016, 09:42:32 pm »

Keel, just PM me when its my turn
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2016, 10:56:09 pm »

Keel, just PM me when its my turn

As I thought I mentioned in the pre-game thread, each turn will be one whole year. So the next time it's Spring, will be your turn.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2016, 08:41:27 pm »

"1st of Limestone, Year 100. With the mining of the marble layer almost done, we have begun to move onto more longer lasting projects. Adil, Ushrir, and I all agree that the next thing we need mined out is that of permanent lodgings, we all have grown tired of sleeping on the hard floors. We have tasked any of the woodsmiths with making a few beds to be placed in a dormitory floor, beneath the storage. As well, it seems this area is rich with ores and gems. We should have a metal working industry up soon."

"16th of Limestone, Year 100. We've been here for quite a while now, and Adil has ust informed us that he plans on sprucing up the entry way with a paved road, as well as tasking us with smoothing the stone so that we can slowly engrave the walls of the entryway. As he explained, he hoped that any visitors to the fort enjoyed looking at the finely engraved walls. We hope that this will make them more likely to trade for goods. Just as Adil gave the order, one of the peasants spotted a caravan heading towards the fort. They claimed it was from the mountain homes."

"After much discussion of the rest of the world, Adil and the liason both went off to discuss matters of importance to Raliton's survival, and of the mountainhomes. I'm sure they talked of old friends, but I didn't dare interrupt, as I had my own work to do.

~~~~

Another short post, this time with out images, but I figured the arrival of a trade caravan warranted a stop. I'll try and put the rest of Autumn into the next post.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2016, 10:26:55 pm »

Sorry about the lack of continuation here... I've been busy with other, more important things outside of DF the past few months.
Pages: [1] 2