Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unofficial MacNewbie pack update for 42.06  (Read 1395 times)

kudakeru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unofficial MacNewbie pack update for 42.06
« on: March 29, 2016, 12:22:48 pm »

Things have been quiet on the MacNewbie pack front for a little while. In the meantime, I've put together a working (as far as I've been able to test so far) update of the pack. This includes DFHack 42.06-alpha2, and the most recent Text Will be Text update (5.58). I've also added the 42.06 memory layout for Dwarf Therapist, thanks to sv-esk, and updated the manifest files for the graphics packs. Uploading a modification of someone else's work feels a little weird, but I wanted to share what I did to get things working for myself. If the consensus is that it's an issue, I'll take it down. Also, of course, if fricy takes issue with it. If something's not working, let me know and I'll take a look.

Download it here

Known Issues:
  • If you change graphics sets, you will probably need to change the print mode in the launcher UI to either Standard or TWBT depending on which set you use. I'm working on eliminating the need for this.

kudakeru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unofficial MacNewbie pack update for 42.06
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 10:01:50 pm »

I've updated the file to fix a couple of issues. Primarily outdated graphics pack raws. Same download link.

rdeckard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 02:31:12 pm »

Hi !
It seems to work for menus, world creation and legends mod (don't know for Fortress mode), but always crash when finishing save loading in Adventure mode. I tested this also with bright new world (but always medium sized and long story, if it's signifiant), it crashed to :(. Maybe it's just for me (the official MacNewbie versions ran almost perfectly) !

Thank you anyway for your efforts, I keep a eye on your version ! :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 02:32:57 pm by rdeckard »

I haz no No Names

• Bay Watcher
  • *Former*BS12 Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 04:03:21 am »

I would like to note that if you use the newest version of OSX (10.11), Apple added a new feature named  System Integrity Protection to minimize non-root usage. This may cause conflicts with X11 as it did with me.

Disclaimer: I assume no responsibility for anything happening to your OSX build if you use this below, you have been warned:

To disable:
1) Boot in recovery mode
2) Open terminal
3) Type in "csrutil disable" without the quotes.
4) Reboot. Profit.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 04:07:33 am by I haz no No Names »
沉舟侧畔千帆过,病树前头万木春。
-A sunken ship has had over a thousand (many) sails go past it, a sick (dead) tree has thousands of trees blossoming in front of it.

Isaacc7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 11:39:29 pm »

Think I'm going to start running DF under Windows 10 in parallels. The extra security is one of the most important parts of the new OS IMO.