Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: Lets have us an alien war: XCom2 modded  (Read 89476 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Lets have us an alien war: XCom2 modded. M9: Heavy Agony of Terror
« Reply #180 on: April 23, 2016, 09:20:47 pm »

Damnit Athing, stop getting flanked. You're supposed to give the crits, not take them!

Athing has to eat criticals to be able to critical, he's some sort of crit-vampire.
This is actually an intriguing idea for a class. Not just in this but in...just about anything really.

Big Bird is a big bot who don't need no repairs, he did them in battle! (plus, it was only 1 hp really)
It sounds like you could just about SOLO some missions with this.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 23, 2016, 09:26:27 pm »

Big Bird is a big bot who don't need no repairs, he did them in battle! (plus, it was only 1 hp really)
Well, the MEC cannot save civilians, and I've never tried doing an objective with it (besides 'shoot the thing'). Also I've very heavily leaned this MEC towards tanking shots, to the point where the current advent troopers are doing (x-4) damage to it at any given time if they hit. Two of the abilities are even health restores, although one is passive (not sure if it has a cap) and one is not. Its basically the opposite of shadowstep ranger: Pull the overwatches without a care instead of sneak past them, and if they hit, the armor will melt the damage anyway.

It also do not have more than 2 AP, so it'd be very slow and at best could only kill a single enemy per turn (unless they have 3 or less health each within micromissile range). Perhaps with multiple MEC though.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 09:30:07 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 23, 2016, 10:02:17 pm »

Athing has to eat criticals to be able to critical, he's some sort of crit-vampire.
This is actually an intriguing idea for a class. Not just in this but in...just about anything really.

I'm almost certain I've seen the "class that does iffy damage, but can get guaranteed criticals from its own injuries" somewhere before. Although, I do have quite the amount of gimmicks and theoretical ideas for settings sitting about in my mind, so maybe it is just a very old idea surfacing.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 23, 2016, 10:04:33 pm »

Well, the MEC cannot save civilians, and I've never tried doing an objective with it (besides 'shoot the thing'). Also I've very heavily leaned this MEC towards tanking shots, to the point where the current advent troopers are doing (x-4) damage to it at any given time if they hit. Two of the abilities are even health restores, although one is passive (not sure if it has a cap) and one is not. Its basically the opposite of shadowstep ranger: Pull the overwatches without a care instead of sneak past them, and if they hit, the armor will melt the damage anyway.

It also do not have more than 2 AP, so it'd be very slow and at best could only kill a single enemy per turn (unless they have 3 or less health each within micromissile range). Perhaps with multiple MEC though.
Well since they can't actually do damage through its armor (and even if they did it has regen) it could SLOWLY take out one of the non-timed missions alone.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 23, 2016, 10:41:58 pm »

I'm pretty sure armor can't reduce damage below 1.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 24, 2016, 09:54:02 am »

Enemy armor certainly can. I imagine that our armor could as well, although I don't know that I've ever seen that happen due to how rare armor is for XCOM.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Lets have us an alien war: XCom2 modded. M10: Gauss Rifles: Good.
« Reply #186 on: April 24, 2016, 02:21:30 pm »

Anything less than 2 damage is basically nulled anyway, since thats how much the passive repairs per turn. Also, ABA updated and added new, mean things. Almost none of which we will see soon, but I might as well mention it.

Huzzah for plot-based plot reducer.
We also get another supplies rumor that makes up for the one that seems to have vanished. Two days later, the workshop and resistance comms are done. One of the engineers gets put into the workshop, one of the gremlins into the comms, and the other gremlin into the power relay. The free engineer leftover it put back to work helping shield that power coil.

Shortly after, we get this, which is not too important right now. More importantly we have elerium research complete, which leads to all sorts of interesting things. The newest of which is that, if we wanted to spend an advent datapad on it, we can now instantly unlock alien strongboxes. I'll wait on that until we get the african bonus, so that it surely going to be good loot. From Ultimate Workshop, we can now build elerium cores at the expensive price of 75 supplies, 35 elerium, and 50 alloys.
For the rest, theres our plot research alien encryption, which will take the least time. In order of increasingly long to complete, we then have psionics (9 days), plasma rifles (12), and powered armor (13). I'm going with psionics first, we've got a supply drop in 15 hours and I want to get a psi lab soon. The supplies rumor got us 66 supplies, which is pretty alright.

I don't like the sound of that armor, but retaliation strikes are annoying as well.

3 days later, we've collected our supply drop, and bought some extras from the black market along with selling 9 advent strongboxes (we've still got 22 left). We're off to connect East Asia, and then if we still have time, build a relay in New India to complete the region bonus. I pick up both Gauss Rifles and Mag Cannons, and Kaladin is finished healing, so I take a couple days off the remaining shield power coil time.

That is conveniently close! I suppose we can head over there next, especially considering it annoyingly added 2 dots to the avatar progress, followed by a generic avatar progress increase. The power coil also completes shielding shotly after, so we get to work on digging out fourth row mid, we'll need more alien alloys and it gives us some.

East Asia is now connected, now for a radio relay in New India, and we'll be both closer to that facility and be able to make suits easily. 20 hours later, we've got Psionics completed, which means the psi lab is available and so is the adv. psi amp. The Psi lab is going in the power coil space, because it eats up so much power if you intend to upgrade it later, and I do. I want me a bunch of psi-ops, because psi-ops are awesome. With an engineer diverted to it, it'll be operational in 11 days. I pick up the adv. psi amp for our psiblades (and later our psi-ops), Alien Encryption research is next, since its fast and necessary. We are now out of supplies tho :\

As much as I'd like to deny advent their armor, we need supplies, otherwise I can't build our armor once that relay is finished building! After double checking the proving grounds, neither EXO suits not spider suits need supplies to be built. So instead, we're doing this so I can get other useful things done, like building a laboratory, or maybe upgrading the workshop or comms or psi lab earlier. As a bonus, we don't have to deal with early retaliation.

Cypher gets Ever Vigilant, Furtukan gets Domination. Both snipers get Expanded mags to go with their seperate scope types, Jopax gets an adv. repeater, Sirus gets an adv. scope and adv. corrosive shrapnel, Pies gets Triage Protocol.

Spoiler: Squad Yo-doubt (click to show/hide)

Lets'a go.

Uno mutono. Theres also the new advent in this group: the Advanced Wrecker. They have armor-piercing and high chance to wreck environmental things.

Spoiler: Its a trap! (click to show/hide)
Ambushers 4, Xenos 0. Storm, Sirus, Cypher, and Athing all got a kill. Caroline gets us some loot: Elerium core x2, Advent strongbox, Adv. repeater, Adv Flexweave, Alien Data cache, Alien Strongbox.

Kaos gets the first Gauss rifle overwatch shot, and its an excellent one, but theres even more news than that!

The news being we've got a proper xenos squadron on our hands here. Four sectoids and an injured muton.

They even survive soulfire strikes, they do.

Lightning Hands takes out that sectoid.

I suppose Deadeye isn't all bad, when it hits. It turned this into a ohko on that sectoid, for example. Next, Jopax misses, sets the car the sectoid is hiding behind on fire, and then shouts verily about the eldar and their cover again.

Big Bird picks up some loot (PCS:Speed, Advent lockbox, expanded mag) and takes a decent shot at a sectoid. Furtukan does serious damage to the car sectoid.

Cypher picks up some more hack skill. (now at 171(+5))

Pies and Athing: Successful overwatchers. (Athing's image got blocked by a fence)

Could be better. Theres an Advent MEC, an Adv. Gunslinger, a stun lancer, and two heavily armored advent back there. Good thing you picked up that hack last turn, Urist!

Look at that lovely 82% chance to steal the mec for a few turns!

*sigh*
Also, Pies misses and annoys the muton for 1 damage instead.

Athing flingeth back the muton with his gun of shards! (also loot, being advent lockboxes x2, alien strongbox, alien data cache, elerium core)

Poor MEC didn't stand a chance against the sniper oversight duo. If only it let us hack it!

I forgot there were more than two advent back there when I hacked instead of moved. You ain't dead though.

Advanced heavies have 7 hp and 3 armor. This advent trooper is literally about as tough as the mutons are, but without a defense score. Or a plasma weapon.

This is Big flockin Bird, and he does not approve of your armor shenanigans! Only he gets the big armor, he's made of it after all! (I think)

One of the uncommon times I've actually had use for combat protocol over soulfire!

Speaking of which, I actually got an interesting screenshot of that ability this time. It looks like a giant beam of psi-pain in this instead of whatever its supposed to, which is neat.

*Blam!* Overwatch kill for Storm, once again.

One adv. heavy's jealousy over heavier armor later, its our turn again. Cypher, whats in the box!

Intel is in the box, yay! (new hack score: 187(+5), you're also back up to 14 hp) Reinforcements are gonna show up behind us.

Caroline pulls off a max damage roll swipe at the heavy, knocking them out and letting everyone else move into position to murder welcome the advent reinforcements.

Spoiler: Mission done/Awards (click to show/hide)

Promotion: Lt. Ann, Maj. Pies, Maj. Athing (with an awesome AWC ability in Shredder!), Cpt. Kaos (AWC ability: Untouchable, not bad either)
Urist is injured for 6 days. Not gravely though.

Spoiler: Loot, yo. (click to show/hide)

An updated look at the Avenger.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 24, 2016, 05:10:44 pm »

Is this the first time I've been injured? It's a shame that other MEC wasn't willing to get shot for me.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #188 on: April 24, 2016, 05:20:24 pm »

Carolina has... an 87 with Kaladin.
* Caroline winks at Kal
:P
*Kal winks back

And yay, I'm out of the med-bay! Stupid double-crits.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 24, 2016, 06:09:07 pm »

Is this the first time I've been injured? It's a shame that other MEC wasn't willing to get shot for me.
It is.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 24, 2016, 08:10:14 pm »

What?  Another promotion, already?  Those Aliums must be throwing themselves in the way of my bullits.  I'll just have to give them more to catch.
     This promotion is Faceoff, next would be Steady Hands, (imo, slightly better than Aim).

Also, Akylon, are we in a position to work on Experimental Ammo?  We are going to need AP ammo very soon I think.  As well as Blue screen if we keep coming up against more MECs.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 24, 2016, 08:24:54 pm »

I can buy vanilla things (at high prices) directly via Ultimate Workshop (so theoretically I could've started you with a superior scope or laser sight, at the cost of somewhere around 200 supplies, or buy everyone not wearing an EXO suit a plated or stasis vest if we actually had the supplies to spend), or you can take a gamble at proving grounds experimentals, yeah. Right now I'm just waiting for the region bonus so I can build spider suits for you snipers and exo suits for several people for more armor and explosive goodness instantly before actually queueing up the proving grounds with other stuff. We certainly have the elerium cores to do so.

And honestly, if we keep running into mecs its more hack boost for cypher at this point, assuming we don't fail the hack. Or more for Pies or Drake, once we have skullmining to catch them up to Urist somewhat. Until we run into Heavy MECs or Sectopods, which I expect will actually challenge Cypher's giant hack skill if we want to control then and not just stun.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 24, 2016, 09:03:51 pm »

How the hell did I not see this!? I want in! MaxClone One reporting for duty! Requesting permission to blow shit up, ser!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 24, 2016, 09:23:47 pm »

Psi-op or a different class? We'd need to recruit a person first (since I'm planning on using my character pool team a a backups heroes squad once adv training is up and running properly), which means they can go in the gts and pick a class.

We don't have anything from Advanced Training purchased yet though, so either way you'll be a squaddie.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 24, 2016, 09:24:57 pm »

Don't care. I just want to spam grenades and explosives and probably die hilariously.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22