Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 52

Author Topic: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)  (Read 134386 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

SALO IS CAPTURED

also gwolfski is dead

IT'S SOMEONE ELSE'S PROBLEM NOW

SAVE: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12125

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Time to see what happens!!!

Edit: Christ on a cracker, I can see the issue; there's a grand total of 3 dwarves left alive O_O.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 03:18:18 pm by Archereon »
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, in Sabotaged Fortress I did more with less. You can do it! I believe in you!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews

And the trend of every Battlefailed fort to live up to their name in a very literal sense continues on.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it wrong that I'm contemplating totally abandoning the upper fortress in favor of moving everyone down to the magma forge levels? My current plan is to get a secure enclave down there away from the horrific murder that is the surface. Because honestly, looking at our situation, my first instinct is to dig a deep hole and hide in it.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews

Might be worth trying to breed our way up to a population. If we have a male and female, assign them two beds in the same room. If there traits are compatible, they'll fall in love, marry and start popping out babies.

Then we just need to wait 12 years for them to dig their way to the surface and reclaim it in the name of dwarven kind.
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And the trend of every Battlefailed fort to live up to their name in a very literal sense continues on.

Yeah, I suppose it's to be expected given the fort's pedigree, but my initial reaction to the state of the fortress is a straight up HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG.
It was inevitable.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it wrong that I'm contemplating totally abandoning the upper fortress in favor of moving everyone down to the magma forge levels? My current plan is to get a secure enclave down there away from the horrific murder that is the surface. Because honestly, looking at our situation, my first instinct is to dig a deep hole and hide in it.
That was honestly my plan after Salo was captured, but spring came before I could carry it out.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

also gwolfski is dead

I request to be never slabbed or buried. I shall be a ghost!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heads up, you may be experiencing lagdeath due to a zombie crundlesplosion breaking out on the sealed third cavern layer. Also, adamantine!
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews

Shouldn't be hard to pump the magma sea into cavern 3 and purify it.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That was honestly my plan after Salo was captured, but spring came before I could carry it out.
You know, you haven't quite played a full year. You can still play all the way to summer of 303, or spring of 304 to even things out. Well, if you're willing to put yourself through all that anyway, it's up to you.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 04:37:56 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know, you haven't quite played a full year. You can play all the way to summer of 303, or spring of 304 to even things out. Well, if you're willing to put yourself through all that anyway, it's up to you.

I had kinda already started "playing". By which I mean trying to figure out how the hell I'm going to do this.
It was inevitable.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I tested and the retiring function works fine in 42.06 for the most part. The trapped enemies were still trapped and the dwarves were still cowering behind their bridges. The only weird thing is that the conglomerate tiles filled with seawater, generic zombies and caged/chained animals disappeared from existence (but not free-roaming/pastured, interestingly enough). Not gonna happen while there's a siege though.

Edit: Oh, and unconstructed artifacts still seem to fade from existence. Hmm...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 07:00:36 pm by Spish »

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I tested and the retiring function works fine in 42.06 for the most part. The trapped enemies were still trapped and the dwarves were still cowering behind their bridges. The only weird thing is that the conglomerate tiles filled with seawater, and caged and chained animals disappear from existence (but not trained/pastured, interestingly enough). Not gonna happen while there's a siege though.

Edit: Oh, and unstored artifacts still seem to disappear. Hmm...

There isn't a siege in the save posted though.
It was inevitable.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 52