Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 52

Author Topic: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)  (Read 132732 times)

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)
« Reply #555 on: October 23, 2016, 04:25:03 pm »

Save is up.

Everything should check out just fine. Let me know if there are problems accessing the save file.

Will post the write ups later.

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com
« Reply #556 on: October 23, 2016, 05:35:12 pm »

I've got the save up and running fine. Expect a writeup by, I'd say tomorrow.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 24, 2016, 01:09:05 am »

Excellent.

A few things to keep a look out for:
- Acrid slime is largely harmless
- There is a flurry of hauling activity on the surface. So beware of husking fog!
- I've assigned some cage corpses to be pitted, keep the 2 living dwarves away from that area just in case. (Their hauling labors have been disabled)
- Mayor might want leather armor to be produced, so keep an eye on leather stocks.
- I wouldn't engage the undead with our military, seems that it leads to loyalty cascades.

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 24, 2016, 05:11:50 am »

I'm next after snackfox already ? :P

Okay, gotta read the 38 pages of the thread then. Gonna take a while ! :D
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 24, 2016, 01:46:25 pm »

Did I get doffed?  (I can't pull down the save at work to check.)
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 24, 2016, 09:55:27 pm »

Can I get a Dwarf and a turn (Eventually)? Regardless, PTW.
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 24, 2016, 10:40:02 pm »

Zuglarkun's Log:

1st Limestone 307
Tode Felluki
Spoiler: failed (click to show/hide)
to breach the fortress perimeter. He learned that his combat prowess didn't amount to anything against the undead ogre corpses. Well, at least he succeeded in getting himself killed in combat like all would be adventurers yearn to do. This is why I became a miner instead of joining the military, you can hone your combat prowess against the rock and stone and the rock and stone won't fight back.

Jirdo Tamunac, goblin bard is ready to
Spoiler: leave. (click to show/hide)
However, the reanimated corpse of Narena ninofatha is in her way.

Jirdo manages to lure the elf corpse into one of our cage traps. She is making a dash for it ere the Ogre corpses notice her.

3rd Limestone
Uh guys, I think we have
Spoiler: company. (click to show/hide)
Do we have enough accomodations to fit all these
Spoiler: gobbos? (click to show/hide)

The mayor pipes in at the situation,
Uhh, I guess not, let's close the gates then. Don't want no freeloaders sapping up all our food and booze that we aren't going to touch anyway right?

Erab Bedonaquuv, Goblin Maceman is
Spoiler: visiting. (click to show/hide)
What an impeccable sense of timing. Now you get to fight both the living and the undead!

Jirdo is safely at our western borders, and she is gone. Do be sure to put in a good word for us and see you next fall!

The gobbos make a dash for the 3 ogre corpses to the north region while Erab
Spoiler: engages (click to show/hide)
the 2 donkey corpses nearby. The invading gobbos let loose a
Spoiler: hail (click to show/hide)
of bolts at the ogre corpses that didn't even flinch as the bolts pierced their undead hides

17th Limestone
The remaining dwarves, Silverlock and Andreus are
Spoiler: starving. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Food is scarce. (click to show/hide)
in that little alcove they have barricaded themselves in, so they have taken up picks and are digging their way further into the inner regions, hoping to breach the inner fortress or something. Their breaching point ended up being rather near to the hospital so they decided to go check themselves into the hospital for old injuries.

Well, at least the medical staff here in Bloodyhells is top notch.

28th Limestone 307
However, we do have a visitor, Tor Nashraeslik, human pikeman is here for "rest and relaxation".

Silverlock has taken up
Spoiler: tavern keeper (click to show/hide)
duties. She would be better at the job if she didn't start drinking all the
Spoiler: damn booze. (click to show/hide)
She tells interesting
Spoiler: stories though. (click to show/hide)

8th Sandstone 307

Salo Furskins the Submerged Buds, you like being submerged don't ya? I think you're gonna like
Spoiler: this (click to show/hide)

29th Sandstone 307
Quabu the gelded spirit now
Spoiler: haunts (click to show/hide)
the surface. I think I will let the spook carry on as a grim reminder of what visitors are getting into when they visit here. Quabu, the gelded. Mascot of Bloodyhells has a certain macabre ring to it that pleases my aesthetic sensibilities.

1st Timber 307
We pumped out the
Spoiler: excess magma (click to show/hide)
from Salo's execution chamber onto the surface. Meanwhile we are gradually working on expanding the kitchens and stockpile areas.

Oh what's this?
Spoiler: A forgotten beast? (click to show/hide)
Well, we can trash these defective models and remake them anew with our powers! Faster, stronger, better and harder than they'll have ever been in life! Oh, I guess I  got a little carried away there.

25th Timber 307
I am glad to announce that the paltry kitchen area we had before has been expanded and we have gotten started on
Spoiler: soap production. (click to show/hide)

Winter is upon you.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 25, 2016, 12:18:53 am »

Hm, I think despite the deaths the visitors are going to keep coming I guess. If some good trading was accomplished, perhaps it'd also help to boost.

Tode was well-equipped but failed.

Jirdo was smarter. Play smart, not strong!

A vile force of darkness? Yay more visitors!

Hahahaha, truly unfortunate situation for Erab.

Silver and iron arrows, and all are ranged? They came equipped to annoy players.  My typical herbalists would die ^^;;

(Unless they were military herbalists, perhaps. Few last embark they were due confluence of no starting skill needed and military oft not having more important jobs).

Andreus...In the context of this fortress. A successful frankenstein, the artifact of a necromancer? An undead who imitates life too much? Or a story of coming to become necromancer to escape this endless cycle of life and death, yet being late to step on the bus called nirvana?

Once more, the visitors are the migrants.

You killed Barney! Well, Barney's moving murderous corpse which no longer emanates aura of giving and kindness! Same thing!

Dinosaur roast? No? Aw.

And hm, barrels look weird. Pots make much more sense, even wooden ones. Though good to see black-cap's blackness.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 25, 2016, 04:09:25 am »

Zuglarkun's Log:

2nd Moonstone 307
Silverlock finally manages to dole out some booze to our coterie of
Spoiler: necromancers. (click to show/hide)
Unfortunately, everyone is busy with reclaiming stocks and hauling them to the lower levels so there isn't anytime to lay back and knock down a pint.

Goden removed the conjoining wall to Salo's execution chamber so that the clogged magma can
Spoiler: solidify faster. (click to show/hide)
The magma tore a hole on another contraption that another overseer wrought, instead of spreading about and ridding us of the corpses like I thought it would. Well, not my problem, use magma safe components next time!

Spoiler: Another visitor. (click to show/hide)
Aban kubukurvad, bard is visiting. I'm hopeful still that someone will take a fancy to this place and petition for citizenship, but I'm not keeping my hopes up, lest they be trodden.

7th Moonstone 307
Begu apapvope, human pikeman is

Andreus got harried by a giant osprey corpse, while trying to procure some metal gear (METAL GEAR!) topside. Fortunately he wasn't hurt. Unfortunately, he got doused in acrid slime. Flame is on the way with a bucket of water to wash away the grime.

I banned Silverlock and Andreus from venturing out to the surface and gave Andreus a good dressing down for behaving like an elf (by not caring about her life), but she retorted with
Spoiler: this comment. (click to show/hide)
Well, I'll have more faith in you if you'd stop wandering off somewhere where you could get killed! I know you got to live up to your moniker and all that, but this is not the time or place.

Spoiler: ...and (click to show/hide)
the rest of the fellas finally noticed the ghost of Quabu haunting our entryway. I hope they like our new "garden gnome".

4th Opal 307
Our newly assigned scholar, Andreus is
Spoiler: deep in thought. (click to show/hide)
I don't know why Andreus is interested in adhesives (of all things) over something more useful like the mechanics or the secrets of life and death for instance, but I guess that is just the way the plump helmet biscuit crumbles.

Also, we need to retrain those rutherers
Spoiler: again. (click to show/hide)

I sent the logging squad to do some tree pruning on the surface. We need the logs for bins, so we can store all this crap we've been accumulating and forgotten about.

8th Opal 307
Our human pikeman visitor has left, taking out one of the giant roach corpses topside.

There were reports of a sloppy sound being heard near the
Spoiler: cavern levels. (click to show/hide)
OK, a giant pile of web spitting vomit has arrived. I am floored by the disgusting crap that always seems to end up on our doorstep.

One of our visitors, has left for greener pastures. She made quite a mess on the surface, squishing a giant cockroach corpse on
Spoiler: her way out. (click to show/hide)

12th Opal 307
I made the miners expand the taverns a little on the left wing, so that we may build some lodgings to accomodate visitors.

It has come to my attention that many of us are rather
Spoiler: worried (click to show/hide)
about the lack of booze, we crave it though we are not compelled to drink it. Must be a remnant of the dwarven psyche yet to be purged from our superior undead selves. Am I worried? Well, things will take care of themselves once we can settle down a little and unwind. I guess necromancers are social drinkers instead of full-time drunks.

15th Obsidian 307
Reg Egebbomrek, Marksdwarf is
Reg is not at all concerned about the safety of her dangling bits for she has none. So she just non-chalantly strolls in despite Quabu the gelded haunt doing her best to deter the individual.

And the lodgings for visitors are
Spoiler: complete. (click to show/hide)
3 rooms for rent, fully furnished. I hope this compels some visitors to reconsider citizenship. We need all the muscle we can get.

Well, I didn't do much to make my mark here, no fancy towers or mega-constructions. Housekeeping is a chore but someone has to do it, eventually. Time to hand in the books and paperwork.

Spring has arrived!

Folks on the current dorf list have been dorfed. I think there are still a few vacant bodies left for dorfing.
Save is here.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 10:40:00 pm by Zuglarkun »

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 25, 2016, 06:33:26 am »

Looks like my turn has come to rule this fort...
It's been so many years... All the way back in 303, when I arrived in this hellish place, I've been submiting requests to lead, but my wish is only now made true.

Alright ! Bring forth husking fogs, necromancy books and everraising undead-zombies !
I have a fortress to rule !

(Will play whenever I can, updates might be sporadic)

btw, @Zuglarkun, uploading the save could be useful ;)
EDIT : nevermind, snack hasn't played yet... Not my turn yet.

EDIT 2 : Looking through the save. You guys are crazy. This place is a mess. Death everywhere, blood, corpses in the corridors.
The underground is flooded by zombies, the above ground is filled with ashes.
This save has quite a lot of potential :)
btw : WTF is a mudman ?? How did we find it ? xD
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 11:19:32 am by Spriggans »
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 25, 2016, 12:53:07 pm »

The mudman happened to stumble into a trap that was originally built in the hopes of catching a webber FB that was wandering around.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 25, 2016, 01:17:32 pm »

- Yay, tavern is working.

- Nay, magma does not go there....Oh well it went there anyway.

- Oh uh. Andreus....Well, lucky. Giant corpses can be mean.

- Wait, ghostly goblins? I think Quabu was a visitor....But I thought only dwarves had souls!

- I guess Andreus doesn't know the secrets of life and death.

- ....Necromancers can train husked beasts, huh? Shame that wouldn't have worked on Salo, though...

- Nuglush. Ew. Silk turret/silk farm?

- I think I've once seen visitor come, leave, and then come back in a few seasons to join the fortress immediatelly upon arrival. They have the need to wander :)

- Necromancers are the very picture of proper morality.

And hey, your turn was nice to read. Beats an undocumented project nobody understands, at least.

Poked snackfox with a PM.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 25, 2016, 01:23:24 pm »

Hi.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 25, 2016, 03:03:32 pm »

Well fuck, we've got a zombie FB in the caverns now. At least Salo is finally dead. It's not like we needed him for anything when we have an undead army.

I love how my dwarf is so nonchalant. He (she?) just treats everyone's wounds and that's his purpose in life.

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 25, 2016, 09:47:40 pm »

Silverlock has taken up
Spoiler: tavern keeper (click to show/hide)
duties. She would be better at the job if she didn't start drinking all the
Spoiler: damn booze. (click to show/hide)
She tells interesting
Spoiler: stories though. (click to show/hide)

I can lay down the rap like no other.  Can't touch this.

STOP -- warhammer time.
Doodoodoodoot, uh uh, doodoot, uh uh, doodoot.
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 52