Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.43.04 Released  (Read 199900 times)

blakker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.43.04 Released
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2016, 03:56:47 pm »

on visual studio go to Project tab -> properties - > configuration properties -> C/C++ -> Code Generation. on runtime library choose /MTd for debug mode and /MT for release mode.

This will cause the compiler to imbue the runtime into the app.  The executable will be bigger, but it will run without any need of runtime dlls.

Does the legacy version have DLL problems for affected people?  Apparently legacy was already compiled with /MT, where the sdl version was using /MD.

Legacy version seem to be working well.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2016, 03:59:18 pm »

'mscvcp140.dll missing' causing a failure for the .exe to load for me. Win7, 43.03 has been working fine.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

http://bay12games.com/dwarves/redist/msvcp140.dll

If you put this in the folder does it work, or does it give you another DLL that's missing?  I tried it on three computers, but they all came with the proper DLLs I guess.

Not that person but had the same issue, tried reinstalling Visual C++ Redistributable but it didn't work.

After downloading and putting that DLL in the folder it asks for a VCRUNTIME140.dll.

Getting the same issue here.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 04:01:48 pm »

Okay, I AM getting some weird shit here. DF seems to open and work fine so far, then AFTER I close it, a few seconds after I get...

https://askleo.com/how_do_i_resolve_my_problem_with_appcompattxt/

According to the link, the Appcompat.txt has the "info" MS wants you to upload.  The error is about the issue of uploading, and not necessarily about the app that you ran. 

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2016, 04:06:27 pm »

https://askleo.com/how_do_i_resolve_my_problem_with_appcompattxt/

According to the link, the Appcompat.txt has the "info" MS wants you to upload.  The error is about the issue of uploading, and not necessarily about the app that you ran. 

Which tells me nothing about why it seems to think that DF broke when it closed normally. >_>
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2016, 04:13:42 pm »

'mscvcp140.dll missing' causing a failure for the .exe to load for me. Win7, 43.03 has been working fine.

http://bay12games.com/dwarves/redist/msvcp140.dll

If you put this in the folder does it work, or does it give you another DLL that's missing?  I tried it on three computers, but they all came with the proper DLLs I guess.

Not that person but had the same issue, tried reinstalling Visual C++ Redistributable but it didn't work.

After downloading and putting that DLL in the folder it asks for a VCRUNTIME140.dll.

Getting the same issue here.

You may need to register the dll if just adding it in a folder.  I would instead run the MS installer for it.

I think Toady One uses the latest Visual Studios 2015 (referred as VC14 build)
The VC14 builds require to have the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 x86 or x64 installed

Since this is only 32-bit, so you need the x86, link here

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2016, 04:19:43 pm »

new df exe

Does this work copied into the SDL folder?  I'd rather not rebundle everything and update version numbers etc. etc. until this is sorted out.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2016, 04:23:36 pm »

Very peculiar. In the meantime, time to update my mod...and add repair reactions, because holy crap leather falls apart quickly.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2016, 04:24:50 pm »

I'm getting this error:

C:\(my filepath here)\Dwarf Fortress.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

...on Windows XP. SDL version. Neither redownloading it or downloading from the second link (without music) appears to make any difference, so I'm pretty sure it's not a corrupted download.

Could it be the same issue?

Fakedit: The new exe gives me an additional security prompt (The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?) followed by the same error.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2016, 04:26:37 pm »

It doesn't sound like it.  Does legacy do the same thing?

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2016, 04:32:12 pm »

Yes it does. Legacy version gives the same error.

I've been playing 0.43.03 up until now with no problems, so this is something new. :-\

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2016, 04:54:10 pm »

It's possible Visual Studio 2015 has just given up on Windows XP, since they stopped supporting it a few years ago, but I have no idea right now.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2016, 05:01:02 pm »

It's worth a shot,

Right-click on df.exe and choose "Run as administrator" may help the issues with windows being paranoid that it's an unsafe exe.

I seem to recall I had issues with windows having things installed on the C:\Program Files.  I can't recall if that's a WinXP or Vista or Win7 thing. 

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2016, 05:08:24 pm »

Anyone seen soldiers with armor yet?

New world for 43.04, got some mods and such but the armor stuff is just coverage and name changes, they seem to be favoring the same pattern of gloves/mittens/boots/socks instead of gauntlets/high boots (lower greaves in my renamed version) and cloth.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2016, 05:09:44 pm »

I'm not getting an error message, the game just freezes at the start menu.edit: I restarted the computer and now it works. weird. By the way, I am running Windows 10.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 05:17:15 pm by thvaz »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28