Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: [47.05] ZM5's Assorted Creatures Pack (also fort/adv posts and requests)  (Read 53944 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

This is just a pack with various, random creatures - essentially a "whatever goes" pack. I'll be updating it every once in a while with new stuff.

I also figured I might as well have a thread where I'll be taking requests and where I can have organized links to my other mods. I'll occasionally be posting weird fort/adventure mode events and the like here too, maybe a weird shitpost mod every once in a while.

There will be help files included for the various creatures. For now, the pack has several wild creatures, a set of new bogeymen (ones that should be easier to kill and less overpowered than vanilla ones, though are also a tad more varied in functions), and two adventure mode playable creatures. I've still got more written down on a list to do, so expect stuff like megabeasts, werebeasts and plants down the line too. Credit goes to Splint for suggesting many of the wild creatures in this pack currently.

I'm using the material/tissue and body detail plan files from Lands of Duality for this, so if you're using it you can just extract the body, interaction, inorganic material and creature files and it should work fine.

Download link here.
Hamon User addon.
Lufia Addon.
Sin Factions Addon.
Turok Addon.
For Honor factions addon.
Feral Goblin addon.
Majesty Creatures.
Kingdoms of Amalur creatures.
Final Fantasy Addon.
Crawl Addon.
Darksiders 1+2 Addon.

My other mods:
Main pack - Warcraft, Dragon's Dogma, etc..
What Lurks Below - cave revamp
Zombies Ate My Dwarves - Halloween/Horror pack, with Doom, Hexen and Splatterhouse creatures
Dwarfest Dungeon - Darkest Dungeon mod
Lands of Duality - Good/Evil Biome Revamp
Diablo Mod
Merged Megabeasts
Combo Weapons (have to update this one again at some point)
Goetic Demons pack
High Fantasy/Flavor Gear
LISA: The Dwarfful TC

Regarding requests:
-Try to limit yourself; I'll obviously not be doing something ridiculous like 50-caste creatures with individual features and materials for each of them.
-I'm only working with raws here, no DFhack, so there'll be a lot of limitations - I'll let you know what would need a workaround, what'd need to be cut or what would be sort of janky.
-I'll only really be working on the requests on the weekends, so expect releases sometime around that point.
-I do not think lewd stuff is allowed on the forums, so none of that (or at most, through PMs maybe).

That should be it for now, I hope you guys enjoy these weird (and occasionally horrifying) critters - there'll be more in the future.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 05:44:33 am by ZM5 »

Kingra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man those boogiemen are wonderfully freaky. Can't wait to be completely eviscerated by them.

As for requests...
Y'know with how many creatures in your mod that are based on an element I'm kinda surprised at the lack of creatures actually MADE of said element.
Like c'mon where's the water Kraken (Which is a kraken made of water) or fire Dragon (which is a dragon made of fire).
That's my request anyway. Good mod.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Thanks!

That'll be doable, I'll probably have to use the "energy" materials for it (so they don't go down from a baby's punch like the vanilla water/fire FBs/Titans do) but it should be simple enough.

Funnily, I actually have a creature named a "fire dragon" in an addon I'll release for this (still gotta write the help files for it) though its organic.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 02:57:30 pm by ZM5 »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

I've found that making inorganic creatures out of a few layers of the same substance does a lot for their durability.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you interested in doing a lovecraft mod (maybe add the deities as unique megabeasts) assuming one doesnt already exist?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam

I probably would be, but I think there already is one - IIRC squamous made it.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Small update, crossing some stuff off the list.
Suggestions from Splint:
-Great Deathweaver - gigantic spider, even larger than a Greater Bogstalker. Spits globs that can cause a speed reduction, pain and blisters.
-Swamp Hunter - undead humans, fused to waterlogged uniforms and broken gas masks - originating from another world, perhaps. Will arrive stealthed and will try to pull levers - they will attack anything they come across due to being berserk. Have three variants:
 -Swamp Hunter - basic version, unarmed, same size as normal human.
 -Swamp Raider - uncommon, has a bayonet-like blade, more deadly up-close.
 -Heavy Trench Raider - rare, has both a blade and a firearm. Fires pellets to cause blunt damage, also has more armor over its shoulders and upper body - larger than a normal human.

-Rusted Travellers - undead humans fused to what are essentially powersuits, perhaps originating from another world. Will attack living beings on sight, though will ignore other undead. Have two variants: Rusted Riflemen that fire hard-light bolts in three-round bursts, and Rusted Flamers that fire bolts of explosive flame (not the same as vanilla fireballs). Slower, less agile and tougher, more similarly to Sodden Knights.

Suggestions from Kingra:
-Flame Dragon - fire elemental force, appearing as a dragon composed of flames (same size as a full-grown dragon). Breathes short-ranged fire jets, can spit up to 2 bolts of explosive flame (same as Rusted Flamers). Explodes into a cloud of flames on death.

-Water Kraken - water elemental force, appearing as a colossal octopus composed of water (larger than a full-grown dragon). Sprays scalding water in both a directed and undirected fashion, attacks by lashing, stabbing and slashing with its tentacles. Is reduced to a puddle of water on death.

Personal ideas:
-Tree Leper - cursed undead with leprous, diseased flesh, and rotting bark growing on them. Will attack living creatures on sight, but will ignore undead. Can climb faster and will cause diseases with scratching and biting attacks.

-Blue/Red Devourers - cousins of Green Devourers, larger and faster. Blue ones live in arctic areas, red ones live in the deserts - spatter goo over wounds that cause different effects, depending on the type.

-Stitched Skitterer - undead constructs made from body parts stitched together, forming a spider-like shape. Behave more like wild animals, and can be tamed as a result. Can spatter rotting sludge with both scratching and biting attacks.

-Harvest Spirit - intelligent, pagan spirits of nature. Playable in adventure mode - can bestow blessings upon allies, or spray withering gas on their foes - they are also capable of slashing with summoned energy sickles.

I've also added or changed the innate combat skills some of the creatures had, i.e bull-dogs now have adequate skills instead of none, and Sodden Knights have novice skill in dodging but adequate in unarmed combat. Greater Bog Stalkers also won't be mounts anymore - that goes to Great Deathweavers instead.

I'll be a bit busy this week, but if I'm lucky I'll be able to cross more stuff off the list - so next update expect some werebeasts (or wereplants, rather) and perhaps another megabeast type.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 10:57:40 am by ZM5 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.12] ZM5's Assorted Creatures Pack (also fort/adv posts and requests)
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2019, 09:26:14 am »

Doing some adv mode stuff as an orc, came across a three-way fight between some gloams, a named jungle stalker and a named lesser hydra. Wasn't too bad - one of the gloams killed the jungle stalker, actually. However, the lesser hydra's name made me do a double-take - possibly one of the dumbest names I've seen in-game. "Gemdusks" is pretty cool, though.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 09:43:10 pm »

But no one will ever be able to say he's not in tiptop shape will they~
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Looks interesting. Can you make a white jade dragon?

I wonder if creatures can fire rocks out of their mouths so instead of fire

« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 09:45:32 pm by LeoCean »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2019, 02:17:07 am »

Got a picture for reference? Also yeah, it would be possible to just have an inorganic "stone" projectile that they could spit out, I use it for the Earth Fiends already existing in this pack.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2019, 05:57:08 am »

Alright well, small update - fewer creatures this time around, however I did finish up werebeasts like I said.

Suggested by Splint
-Glaive Pegasus - vaguely horse-like insectoids with four wings and six limbs, including a pair of bladed forelegs. Can be war/hunting trained and used as mounts.

Suggested by LeoCean:
-White Jade Dragon - megabeast, earth elemental, serpentine dragon made out of gemstone. Flies (cannot be disabled, as it lacks wings), spits out bolts of stone to cause blunt damage - yields a bunch of rough white jades when butchered.

From myself:
-Greater Dragons - megabeast with multiple castes with differing abilities - all also have wings and horns:
  -Poison Dragon - nature elemental, has a bloated body, a frog-like tongue and a sack on its neck - spits poisonous
   globs.
  -Sand Dragon - earth elemental, has stone growths on its body. Breathes flesh-shredding sand.
  -Dark Dragon - dark elemental, lacks eyes, has tendrils of darkness protruding out of its body - smoke billows out of
   its eyes and mouth. Breathes debilitating dark smoke.
  -Sea Dragon - water elemental, amphibious, has fins. Breathes scalding water, can form a water tendril in its mouth
   for slashing/stabbing attacks.
  -Muck Dragon - nature elemental, covered in slime, swampy plants and fungus grow on its back. Releases spores,
   spews infectious sludge.
 -Necro Dragon - undead, has skulls absorbed in its chest, external ribs - elongated spine of a victim protrudes out of
  its mouth for channeling dark magic - its guts can lash out from its mouth in a tentacle-like fashion. Breathes a
  weakening mist, has some dark spells (disabled if the skull in its mouth is cut off).
 -Sun Dragon - male only, fire elemental. Glows from the inside, has craterous growths on its body - breathes
  blinding sun energy, spits explosive flames, releases toxic smoke, and can smite foes with sun rays.
 -Moon Dragon - female only, water elemental. Covered in ethereal crystals. Breathes a cold moon mist, spits out
  energy bolts, weakens foes with an increase in gravity and can self-buff with a lunar blessing.

-Wereplants - function similarly to werebeasts, transforming during a full moon and spreading infection via bites -
  instead of being animal hybrids, they turn into plant monsters. Are separate creatures for gameplay purposes, so
  different wereplants will attack each other, but wont attack ones of the same type. All are also weak to set metals.
  -Werefungus - eyeless humanoid mushroom monster. Releases undirected spores.
  -Weremold - a mass of living mold covering a skeletal torso - crawls on mold tendrils. Releases directed mold
   spores.
  -Weretree - tree monster with five branch-like arms and a tortured, deformed face on its trunk. Moves slowly,
   has a powerful but slow "smash" attack.
  -Werebloom - plant monster with a fanged mouth surrounded by many eyes. Moves slowly, though not as slow as
   the Weretree - lashes with barbed vines, releases clouds of pollen.
  -Wereflytrap - plant monster with multiple flytrap-like heads - only one is its actual head, however. Moves as slow
   as the Werebloom - bites with all heads at once, multiplying the risk of infection.

Next week I'll maybe have the addon I wanted to release out. I have some other addon ideas that'll include civs but those will have to wait a bit since I have to update my other mods as well.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2019, 05:11:33 am »

Well, those will definitely be a fun invader race to deal with. Where do you even find this stuff? Saw your posts on basketweaving boards and I'm always amazed at how you seem to come across the weirdest creature designs.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2019, 05:37:34 am »

I've been trying to create a ghost/sprit type creature, incorporal. Not having much success with attacks that should pass through. Feather shape doesn't seem to do the trick.

Since you've been churning out weird creatures in all kinds of mods, I thought I ask here: How would you make a ghost?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7