Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 126

Author Topic: Brexit! Conversation Continued  (Read 182489 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit! Conversation Continued
« Reply #675 on: October 12, 2016, 08:35:09 am »

As far as I see Neo, the issue is that while half of your post might have a point, the other half is so woefully misinformed it destroy any credibility your post might have. Like not knowing the calendar for Brexit.

Covenant: I remember reading something about the Calais migrants, a lot if not most wants to go to the UK rather than stay in France because they have family and/or contacts in the UK.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 12, 2016, 08:38:34 am »

Ok now the REASON my posts are so low effort... Is because I don't actually want to pick a fight.

It really doesn't take a whole lot of effort to prove that the UK has had big problems with racism since the 80s. Yet the reason I don't is because I am not here for a debate.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 08:45:19 am by Neonivek »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 12, 2016, 08:49:47 am »

Yes the Symbolism was a Nazi reference... But my post implies that it has no connected... and I mean that not in a half-hearted way.

And anti-foreigner doesn't mean bigot.

Also truthfully yeah it wasn't so much direct racism that was I personally experienced but more a dissatisfaction with how the UK handled foreigners usually pointing to a failure to implement multiculturalism in a positive way... Often referred to as "Multiculturalism gone wrong"
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 08:58:35 am by Neonivek »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 12, 2016, 08:53:12 am »

WTH are you here for, if not to debate?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 12, 2016, 08:55:38 am »

WTH are you here for, if not to debate?

So... What laws have drastically changed?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 12, 2016, 08:57:48 am »

Can I just state that from the (known) Leave-voters I know of, personally, the reasons were varied and mixed but were overwhelmingly "immigrants" (EU ones, obviously, but most vociferously those from beyond the EU), a large (overlapping) slice of "stick it to the EU" and not wanting a United States Of Europe, significant amounts of "I want the EU to fall, splinter and fragment" and at least one part "muh guns!" (impending new laws prohibiting their possession of various historic weapons they held legally up until then, handed down by the EU, which apparently happened anyway, so that didn't help at all).

But that was a handfull of people with maybe two handfuls of reasons between them.  Not representative, but gives me reaon to support the xenophobia-causes-Leave idea, even if I know that not every Leave is caused by xenophobia.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 12, 2016, 09:00:57 am »

I am still embarrassed I jumped on the "Leavers are xenophobe" bandwagon (which is where my explanations came from)

Also from a previous page

Also truthfully yeah it wasn't so much direct racism that was I personally experienced but more a dissatisfaction with how the UK handled foreigners usually pointing to a failure to implement multiculturalism in a positive way... Often referred to as "Multiculturalism gone wrong" and sometimes even an outright denouncement of Multiculturalism as a positive thing

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #682 on: October 12, 2016, 09:17:41 am »

If you say so. Though I have no idea what person from the UK would deny my allegations except out of misplaced Nationalism blind of all rationality.
Because you provided absolutely no evidence whatsoever to your allegations, demonstrated profound ignorance as to what was going on in the UK and asserted your opinion as fact with nothing backing that up. All attempts to get you to add anything specific, detail your points, show where your statements are grounded in reality failed.
You want to get cheeky, say I'm denying your allegations out of misplaced nationalism? Well I've spent the last few years constantly criticizing my country, and every time I did it I posted reliable sources. You're taking it for granted that the entire world should automatically agree with your opinion for some reason, what moral superiority do you claim that warrants you needing no evidence for the things you say?

Lmao asking for facts makes you blind, western intellectualism produces very rational people

Then again there are people who said racism was over because Obama became president...
So I guess the UK fixed racism because... I dunno... Dr. Who or Northern Ireland.
Do you even have a case to make?

Businesses.
Normally you'd use a sentence, one like this: "Businesses such as..." or "Businesses in..." - "for reasons such as..."

Honestly Loud Whispers
It sounds like your more against everything that I have to say more out of a need to ignore any problems the UK might have.
Then out of an honest disagreement.
Even to the point of objecting to me, just for speaking.
What are you saying? All you've done is say the UK is racist and anyone who disagrees is racist, something about American politics and Dr. Who. No substance, no facts, no point, pure bait

Say whatever, don't just expect the world to agree with your opinion "because." If you're going to make a rational argument, make sure you actually have an argument. If you're going to state your opinion based off of facts, make sure you actually have those facts.

Oh and I don't need to defend my character in regards to the UK, there's no country I've criticized more than the UK. Second place to Sweden xD.

Ok now the REASON my posts are so low effort... Is because I don't actually want to pick a fight.
Yeah I doubt that lol

It really doesn't take a whole lot of effort to prove that the UK has had big problems with racism since the 80s. Yet the reason I don't is because I am not here for a debate.
Oh yeah, it doesn't take a whole lot of effort that's why you decided to waste time
Good bait, got me to reply 10/10

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 12, 2016, 09:21:09 am »

After "The UK blocks EU defense cooperation because they're dicks", now enjoy "The UK block Montenegro from accession talks becasue they're dicks".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 12, 2016, 09:26:35 am »

BLARGLE!!! Skipping...

Never EVER going to provide proof... It really isn't worth it. No one is gonna pull me into it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:30:22 am by Neonivek »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 12, 2016, 09:34:15 am »

If you're just going to go by and drop baseless accusations and not give us the respect of posting proof when asked, then don't bother posting.

What accusation?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:35:51 am by Neonivek »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 12, 2016, 09:36:10 am »

Nothing's changed because it hasn't happened yet.

Done...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 12, 2016, 09:39:49 am »

Not sure if you're asking a question or remarking on something or meta-remarking on this discussion or what.

Not really, I was trying to wind the thread down from being openly hostile to me... but it always dug itself back up.

So Done as in "Ok good, this is as far as the conversation needed to go" instead of the accusations again and again. I seem to have an ability to be even more aggravating and infuriating the more I try not to be, mostly because I try to be less direct.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #688 on: October 12, 2016, 09:40:43 am »

BLARGLE!!! Skipping...
Never EVER going to provide proof... It really isn't worth it.
Refrain from bait in future

After "The UK blocks EU defense cooperation because they're dicks", now enjoy "The UK block Montenegro from accession talks becasue they're dicks".
Britain is blocking Montenegro from opening two more EU accession chapters, apparently because it doubts the country is ready to make concessions on the free movement of labour, BIRN has learned from a well-informed source in Montenegro.
It's nothing Jim

Meanwhile from the European Union:
The Secretary General of the European Movement International, Petros Fassoulas, said on 27 June that “enlargement will be frozen” after the UK’s decision to leave the EU, as the Union would be preoccupied with its own problems.

He said that the freezing entailed continuous postponement, or slowing down, to the point where not much would happen, is worse than taking a break.

The British referendum will launch the process of closing off, said Fassoulas in a debate in Belgrade on the consequences of the British referendum. “There is uncertainty among the leaders of the EU governments and enlargement certainly won’t be the first thing to come to their mind,” he added.
From 4th of July

I'm going to side with the European Union stating their decision to freeze enlargement clearly over anonymous quotes

*EDIT
It would be hilarious though if someone in Britgov singled out Montenegro for no reason though
They were just all, EU: We will leave only under the condition that you contain Montenegro
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:42:24 am by Loud Whispers »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 12, 2016, 10:21:56 am »

Ahah, LW you're so funny, continually quoting random think-tank and presenting that as European policy.

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 126