Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 126

Author Topic: Brexit! Conversation Continued  (Read 181924 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Brexit! Conversation Continued
« Reply #765 on: October 22, 2016, 12:47:29 pm »

It's ok ChairmanPoo, one day there will be a rainy island news thread to post news in

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 22, 2016, 01:36:32 pm »

We already have a phillipnes thread to post it though
Love, scriver~

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: October 22, 2016, 05:54:36 pm »

It's ok ChairmanPoo, one day there will be a rainy island news thread to post news in

Where'stheendingtosilentthundersyoumonster
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 22, 2016, 05:59:31 pm »

Tell you what: how does Canada's failures in getting a deal with EU bode with UK's in/out/shake-it-all-about/do-the-hokey-cokey-and-you-turn-around status?  If that's what it's all about. Oy!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #769 on: October 23, 2016, 11:18:27 am »

Where'stheendingtosilentthundersyoumonster

Very hiatus atm, but I don't feel like abandoning it because it's a nice Fort

Tell you what: how does Canada's failures in getting a deal with EU bode with UK's in/out/shake-it-all-about/do-the-hokey-cokey-and-you-turn-around status?  If that's what it's all about. Oy!
It does nothing

Probably would've helped Remain very much if it had happened before the referendum though

It could however be a sign of things to come, so for example there may be a point where the negotiations go on for years because one country does not like the terms within the EU, so things could go on for a long long time (so people are saying if Canada cannot do this because one province in Belgium doesn't like their deal, maybe something similar will happen in the negotiations)
Too early to say, but it is hilarious nonetheless

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: October 23, 2016, 12:08:27 pm »

It shows definitively that we were far from voiceless within the EU, as oft accused. It also shows how this is arguably so much so that it is(was) a problem with the EU. We just never noticed it before because most things went our way, without anybody actually caring too much about it.

Not sure if it'll mean a UK/Canada deal will be more or less possible than previously anticipated (could go either way, depending on the actual actors concerned, and if anybody wants to play silly-buggers), but I'm sure there'll be opinions about it. Which is why I was wondering why nobody had mentioned it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #771 on: October 23, 2016, 01:23:26 pm »

Also helps dispel rather definitively the myth that being a part of the EU gives you clout, the EU can't even make a trade deal with Canada because a tiny province of a tiny province said 'yeah nah fam'

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 23, 2016, 01:49:19 pm »

Also helps dispel rather definitively the myth that being a part of the EU gives you clout, the EU can't even make a trade deal with Canada because a tiny province of a tiny province said 'yeah nah fam'
Exactly the opposite, as I just said...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #773 on: October 23, 2016, 02:08:29 pm »

Exactly the opposite, as I just said...
Exactly yeah, it can't negotiate trade deals for shit, AND it kills multilateralism

It's like alcohol that gives only hangovers and liver failure

*EDIT
Some of you may have noticed that for a Brexit conversation, there has been very little talk about what UKIP are doing. This is because that just as Labour implodes, UKIP is in death spiral - it seems that the moment UKIP's charismatic leader left, everyone was at each others' throats (fights broke out that got people hospitalized) and replacement leaders resigned. Behold UKIP's last hope, Raheem Kassam, running under the slogan 'Make UKIP great again.'

Ayyy lmao, it really is a shame Stephen Woolfe couldn't make it (first time he tried applying for leadership he missed the deadline, second time was cos of the fight). That leaves UKIP with two major contenders for leadership, Paul Nuttall (UKIP MEP, deputy leader, wants capital punishment brought back for child killers, wants to make a definitive working class brand for UKIP as opposed to its current arrangement of disaffected Tories, Working Class Labour and Libertarian brokers all duct taped together). The other is Raheem (editor for Breitbart, former aide to Nigel, wants to focus on Brexit and get an international brand for UKIP).

So who wins this leadership contest is gonna decide their image and shit
They both have their advantages and disadvantages in terms of identity
Paul Nuttall
  • Working class man, helped oversee some of UKIPs best electoral performances in his areas in addition to founding UKIPs youth wings and shit
  • He's English so he's easy media pickings

Raheem Kassam
  • 2nd gen migrant, shiite Muslim, as such the media does not know how to deal with him cos diversity points maximized
  • Is an irl shitposter, thus nullifying the media benefits of his diversity

I do not see UKIP doing well in the UK's future, at this rate it's pretty much doomed - it could only survive if Labour managed to destroy itself worse than UKIP is destroying itself. All in all I can see why Farage wanted to gtfo as soon as possible
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 05:50:30 pm by Loud Whispers »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 24, 2016, 08:04:17 am »

So, apparently there are trolls in the Commission, because they want the Brexit negotiations to be conducted... in French.  :P

This is... not that unusual for the French who is having a strong "protect our culture" kick last time I heard.

Ahh the glory of living in Canada... Ohh wait we have Quebec don't we? As well as a history that continues to this day of abusing our natives... DANG IT!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 24, 2016, 08:23:08 am »

So, apparently there are trolls in the Commission, because they want the Brexit negotiations to be conducted... in French.  :P
"Avveh voo luh.. lah? ...lair.. umm...  Tradio Dealio... " <French, you idiot! Not Spanish!> "...for... poor us.   Nous.  Silver plate, garkon? Murky."

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: October 24, 2016, 11:54:54 am »

Vou les vou UK a bit gone? Say wha?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #778 on: October 24, 2016, 03:10:05 pm »

As an EU commissioner until 2014, Barnier, 65, had a difficult relationship with London, as he sought to tighten regulation of Britain's dominant financial services industry. One British newspaper called him the "scourge of the City".
Holy shit, this is that guy? Ayyyyy lmao

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: October 24, 2016, 03:13:52 pm »

As an EU commissioner until 2014, Barnier, 65, had a difficult relationship with London, as he sought to tighten regulation of Britain's dominant financial services industry. One British newspaper called him the "scourge of the City".
Holy shit, this is that guy? Ayyyyy lmao

Sadly it turned out it was a fake without basis.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 126