Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Theater of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕֍࿃)  (Read 15266 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Theater of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕֍࿃)
« Reply #195 on: July 18, 2016, 09:35:11 pm »

mechanics check. if I made a race with an instinctive desire to serve others, or a simi-sapient creature with the instinctive desire to serve others, would they turn out the same as the faithful?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 18, 2016, 11:33:22 pm »

There are a number of reasons why Ceartas doesn't like the dragons, I think foremost of which is that Greed and Justice tend not to make good bedfellows :)) anyway, back to discussions...
Keep in mind that I'm also the god of civilization, and Civilization and Justice tend to go hand in hand.
One would think so, but I would disagree ...Law, certainly. Justice is a bit trickier to justift, pun not intended.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 18, 2016, 11:54:53 pm »

It was clear. And it is not anywhere near enough to make any kind of planet, small or otherwise. Especially an inhabitable one. It is roughly a fourth of what you would expect to pay for a moon-at least a tenth of what you would have to pay for an actual planet.

Ah, I should've price-checked before posting, next time I will. In the meantime, the Desert Moon will have to wait...

Quick Question: If a Deity spends 10 Crux, is it immediately lethal?

$$$ How much would it cost to create a small Elemental cloud-like species made of Salt, with the following traits?

They are 2.5 feet tall and wide, much weaker and clumsier concerning object or tool manipulation than an average Human, have only half the intelligence of an ordinary Human, have no Magical capacity beyond their natural abilities, live for roughly 20 years, and reproduce by splitting into two identical copies of the original Creature after the end of their natural lifespan. They float roughly a foot above the ground, but if they focus, they can move as much as five feet above ground. They move at the speed of a normal Human jogging.

They have the ability to manipulate the sand, dry dirt, and salt within a 20 foot-radius around them, and passively drain and feed off of the moisture in the environment around them, with roughly half a gallon of moisture being consumed to sustain them every day. They can focus their moisture drainage onto a single living creature 10 feet from them, and drain the moisture from it's body, with the downside that it requires near total focus one that living creature to use properly, must defeat the willpower of the living creature before working, and only drains small amounts without extensive training. Being a small cloud of Magical Salt, they are very resistant to mundane weaponry, and can literally suffocate a breathing creature within their body, (damaging themselves in the process) are somewhat resistant to most kinds of magic and elemental attacks, but are extremely vulnerable to wind, or water based attacks, which rip them apart or scald them.

They have an innate nomadic tendency, and most wander constantly in large nomadic tribes, consisting of individuals that move together in a large cloud of up to 500, but more commonly only one or two hundred. They lack empathy for other species, and the ecosystem around them. Sometimes, individuals will travel in small groups of 5-10, and very rarely, one or more will settle down in a moisture filled area and build a tiny 'village' consisting of a handful of extremely crude mud huts. They speak with an extremely complicated language consisting of extremely high-pitched keening noises, that is impossible for many species to hear, let alone decipher.
I love these cloudlings

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 19, 2016, 10:58:31 am »

The Magnifgicient Zuzake sits down at the bottom of the ocean and begins recitating poetry

Xylia rips her heart, and plants a seed
from her a part, buried under sand

A tree is born, even though the gods are divided
to few a scorn, most are excited

Zuzake paints the oceans, and the coral reef
While the dragon-princes come to life, by Greed

To guide the races coming, and gather the gold
While the other gods let another story unfold

A far from the tree, a being of desolation
creates a moon to our tree, and an entire nation

no one dare to step into desolations desert
for even divines, there will face hazard
Not bad.  :)  Though desert god's asteroid that he probably won't end up even creating is a bit overstated.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 19, 2016, 12:12:02 pm »

Thx. Why shouldn't it be created? Nobody opposed it yet.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 19, 2016, 12:19:17 pm »

It was clear. And it is not anywhere near enough to make any kind of planet, small or otherwise. Especially an inhabitable one. It is roughly a fourth of what you would expect to pay for a moon-at least a tenth of what you would have to pay for an actual planet.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 19, 2016, 12:51:56 pm »

just ad the word, "attempted"

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 19, 2016, 02:17:32 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 19, 2016, 02:34:23 pm »

The Magnifgicient Zuzake sits down at the bottom of the ocean and begins recitating poetry

Xylia rips her heart, and plants a seed
from her a part, buried under sand

A tree is born, even though the gods are divided
to few a scorn, most are excited

Zuzake paints the oceans, and the coral reef
While the dragon-princes come to life, by Greed

To guide the races coming, and gather the gold
While the other gods let another story unfold

A far from the tree, a being of desolation
creates a moon to our tree, and an entire nation

no one dare to step into desolations desert
for even divines, there will face hazard
Not bad.  :)  Though desert god's asteroid that he probably won't end up even creating is a bit overstated.

Good Poetry, although I have to agree with Demonic Spoon, the Desert Moon is nowhere near the scale that is represented in the Poem. But, eventually... It might be... *cackles and rubs hands together*

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 19, 2016, 02:36:45 pm »

and then the other gods will make it a far less desolate place.

we have multiple life gods and a nature god. along with ocean gods.

desolation is outnumbered and out matched. deserts are ok though, as long as there not so desolate. an oasis makes for good cities.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 19, 2016, 02:48:37 pm »

I keep intended to address other gods, particularly Kargan, specifically, and actually like talk, but it takes so long to write his proclamations and I'm not even sure if it would have the context it needed. :?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 20, 2016, 03:41:07 pm »

That was spectacularly unsuccessful. I kind of want my crux spent on the Faithful back, because I wanted to spend it on "Faithful who don't like their god", not "Oh sorry, they actually like their god" Faithful. And suddenly finding other races is "5 power general blessing to help accomplish their task does nothing" hard. Not sure if enemy action or just Stirk deciding he didn't like Dragon-Princes.  ???

EDIT: I mean, I didn't expect complete success or anything but this level of "you accomplish almost completely nothing" is just depressing.

EDIT2: I'd like to request a retcon that the Dragon-Princes were created next to the various races as that was my intention.

EDIT3: Kyuu's Pelagics were not created.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:07:32 pm by Demonic Spoon »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 20, 2016, 04:19:25 pm »

to be fair the world is kinda big.

also you kind removed reasons for the faithful to be angry. your blessing them might make it easier to convert them though,

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 20, 2016, 04:24:29 pm »

to be fair the world is kinda big.

also you kind removed reasons for the faithful to be angry. your blessing them might make it easier to convert them though,
I think Stirk removed their anger via the power of retcon. Either that or someone secretly used power to make them angry. Because otherwise this sentence doesn't make sense

The Faithful don't seem to be nearly as angry as they where last tick, with the majority being apologetic and not knowing what came over them. They are, in fact, the final version.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 20, 2016, 09:07:05 pm »

$$$ How much would it cost to create a small Elemental cloud-like species made of Salt, with the following traits?

They are 2.5 feet tall and wide, much weaker and clumsier concerning object or tool manipulation than an average Human, have only half the intelligence of an ordinary Human, have no Magical capacity beyond their natural abilities, live for roughly 20 years, and reproduce by splitting into two identical copies of the original Creature after the end of their natural lifespan. They float roughly a foot above the ground, but if they focus, they can move as much as five feet above ground. They move at the speed of a normal Human jogging.

They have the ability to manipulate the sand, dry dirt, and salt within a 20 foot-radius around them, and passively drain and feed off of the moisture in the environment around them, with roughly half a gallon of moisture being consumed to sustain them every day. They can focus their moisture drainage onto a single living creature 10 feet from them, and drain the moisture from it's body, with the downside that it requires near total focus one that living creature to use properly, must defeat the willpower of the living creature before working, and only drains small amounts without extensive training. Being a small cloud of Magical Salt, they are very resistant to mundane weaponry, and can literally suffocate a breathing creature within their body, (damaging themselves in the process) are somewhat resistant to most kinds of magic and elemental attacks, but are extremely vulnerable to wind, or water based attacks, which rip them apart or scald them.

They have an innate nomadic tendency, and most wander constantly in large nomadic tribes, consisting of individuals that move together in a large cloud of up to 500, but more commonly only one or two hundred. They lack empathy for other species, and the ecosystem around them. Sometimes, individuals will travel in small groups of 5-10, and very rarely, one or more will settle down in a moisture filled area and build a tiny 'village' consisting of a handful of extremely crude mud huts. They speak with an extremely complicated language consisting of extremely high-pitched keening noises, that is impossible for many species to hear, let alone decipher.

Would anyone be opposed to me creating these?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15