Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Nobody Likes the Lackeys - Chapter 2: Drive My Meatcar (Beep'm beep beep yeah!)  (Read 8114 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody Likes the Lackeys - Chapter 1.95: The Naughty Sorceress
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2016, 09:17:42 am »

Okay! To seaside town!
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2016, 10:57:10 am »

Seaside Town is kind of west, yeah!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2016, 10:28:23 pm »

((Question, mostly because I had intended your little meeting with The Naughty Sorceress to be a vote point, where exactly do you wanna go? Like which of the two paths do you guys want to take? If you want to go on a Shopping Spree, then I write a big huge description of Seaside town as you enter it give y'all a bunch of places to try out stuff. If you want to go on a Fetch Quest, I can write y'all up to Spookyraven Manor, and make that the big extravagant new zone. In the end, both routes will involve a lot of new stuff, but one is more focused and the other is more broad. So yeah, up to you guys.))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2016, 10:42:12 pm »

((If we go to Seaside Town, could we break into Guild/Clan Halls or whatever they're called to loot stuff? Or just to use the weight bench and tanning beds? And maybe steal a meat tree?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2016, 10:52:48 pm »

((I mean, technically. Meat Trees are worth a LOT, and are usually found in clan halls, but those are a completely separate story, way out of your league. If you broke into the guild halls, generally they have a meat car set aside for travel to the Desert Beach, but the Guild Members are...a bit strong. Y'all could probably take them one and live. You'd be in a lot of pain afterwards, but you'd live. Good loot in general though.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2016, 09:15:11 am »

To seaside town! Sauce-a-rific!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2016, 10:10:21 am »

((Professor Kobosh has no strong preference on this matter.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2016, 10:12:23 am »

((Shopping Spree sounds more like my kind of thing, so I'd tend toward that.))

dylanamite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2016, 03:32:30 pm »

Seaside Town sounds good! Maybe I can re-enact my Turtle Beach fantasy...

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2016, 03:43:42 pm »

((Seaside Town is good for me, I still want bugbear to help search for turtles on the way though.))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2016, 06:26:27 pm »

((Seaside Town is good for me, I still want bugbear to help search for turtles on the way though.))
((Speaking of which...you still haven't named your lil buddy. I'm tempted to name him Norbert for you.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2016, 06:30:40 pm »

((Speaking of which...you still haven't named your lil buddy. I'm tempted to name him Norbert for you.))
((Norbert works.))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I've been sick for the past few days, so the update is coming either tonight or tomorrow, depending on how fast I can get my homework done. :P

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I've been sick for the past few days, so the update is coming either tonight or tomorrow, depending on how fast I can get my homework done. :P
Yay!
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is Norbert

He is Beautiful

The group debates for a few moments, before deciding to direct the bugbears towards...

SEASIDE TOWN

Along the way, not much happens. The bugbears are far too busy to search for turtles. They move too fast for Kobosh to indulge his accordion fetish. Norbert feels the wind in his hair/fur/moss. An uneventful ride ends in one of the most eventful entrances of the group's lives.

As they approach the towering community of Seaside Town, the bugbears realize that it would be unwise for them, a relatively feared entity within the kingdom, to enter a town of mostly armed people. So basically, everyone just gets tossed to the ground in front of the towering archway in front of town. They all watch as the bugbears kick up a load of dust as they sprint back towards the Naughty Sorceress' Tower. They were finally on their own. A pack! A clan! A team! A team that...yeah, actually should probably have a name, but that's for the end of the post!

Picking themselves up and dusting off the abstract remains of the fourth wall, it was time to enter, and explore their options. Passing through the archway, the group is almost floored by the fresh sea scent. And a wild-eyed man speeding past them out of town in a very shabby-looking meat car. They are almost floored again as a small group of men and women armed with a wide variety of less-than-effective-looking 'weapons' charges after the vehicle.

So basically a normal day around here.

Everyone continues on in a pack, eventually passing through the Market Square. People hurry in and out of every store, no matter how odd they seem. The Skeleton Store has an alarming amount of business, with people emerging with a handful of bones every few seconds. A lot of them go straight to the meatsmith and emerge with wild weaponry not unlike Terry's new find. Others simply go into the Armoury and Leggery, emerging with similarly odd weapons and armour. A colourfully-painted trailer adorned with a very loud man catches Kobosh's attention. A rather large group of people surround the man, waving wallets filled to the brim with meat in exchange for various vials and pill bottles. A curious sight for sure.

Soon enough the group finds themselves within the Clan district, a veritable maze of identical brown building, each one louder than the next. If it weren't for the batman-esque beacon projected by the Council of Loathing, people could be lost in there for lifetimes...

Eventually, the unnamed group finds their way to the centre of Seaside Town: The Old Railway. It's been centuries since an actual train ran on them. Today, it simply serves at a way for people to know which is the Right Side of the Tracks, and which is the Wrong Side of the Tracks.

On the Right Side, the flags of the Brotherhood of the Smackdown and the League of Chef-Magi fly high, flapping away in the wind. Just below them is the Gourd Tower, with a lone man sitting in a chair next to a rather large and expensive-looking gourd. The dark visage of the old Spookyraven Manor would almost be missed behind the other towering buildings if it weren't for the occasional strike of lightning directly behind it. The sudden flashes of light project the ghostly shadow of the old building across about half the town. The only other thing that can be seen from the tracks is a sign directing the occasional meatcar driver off into the distance towards the Elemental International Airport.

On the Wrong Side, a lone flagpole flies the invisible flag of the Department of Shadowy Arts and Crafts. Otherwise, building is entirely hidden behind the legendary Copperhead Club. A hotspot for mobsters and shadowy business as a whole, it's gained a reputation for betrayal, shady deals, and a mean martini. A lone police station in the distance stands out amongst the rest of the rather unsavoury locations, including a shady back alley and some strange overgrown lot with bums rushing around and shady medical businesses open around every corner. If anything else of importance were around, it couldn't be seen from the tracks themselves. A crossroads stood before the group of unlikely heroes. They finally take the moment to relax and decide where to go.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7