Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 881043 times)

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.7 - 32x - 44.09 - Updated 2nd May
« Reply #1155 on: May 04, 2018, 01:53:12 pm »

Do you mean that these chairs don't fit into DF; or that they don't fit to each other?

I wasn't going to use them, just posted them as an example.
Don't fit into DF.
For each other they correlate well with each other - if you redraw under the current chairs, then the walls of the chairs must probably be removed.
I think you understand everything yourself.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 02:20:27 pm by Vordak »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

What about both? :D But yeah, I get what you mean.

Overall I'd like the "normal dwarf look" for most items, but a golden throne or a adamantine battle axe should have a bit of... grandeur.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What about both? :D But yeah, I get what you mean.
Chairs with a back look good only when over the table.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Cursed non-aligned DF tiles. Now we need to teach TWBT to give items a NESW-orientation. ;)

Bar stools it is... :/
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Bone, Stone.
Metal, Wood.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would rank them:

1. Walls
 2. Furniture
 3. Resources
 4. Misc
 5. Weapons/Armor/Tools

I don't think everything needs to be super differentiated. Just being able to see the difference between broad types like metal, leather, stone, and wood would be plenty, imo.

For armor, being able to see the difference between a bronze piece and a leather piece would be kind of nice. Just having different colors is plenty for identifying them most of the time, and I don't think they're really used for decoration. I kind of think that weapons and armor are the least-commonly seen tiles out of the options.

I'm not really sure what the current resources look like, but it might be cool to have different tiles based on if something is a gem, metal, coal, or flux, or whatever. Maybe there could be different-sized gen tiles based on the value of the gem.

I think furnature could be a good one to have more options for since it is used decoratively and they are used all over the fortress. That bone furniture looks nice. 

I really like your idea for having a special tile for wood walls. I'm guessing you'll keep natural smooth walls so that walls of different stones will blend with each other, so this will mostly be for constructed walls. I'm not really understanding why a gold walls would need to be different from an iron wall, and i kind of doubt that metals would be used for walls enough to make two different metal sets of walls worth it, but i'm still interested in it.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wooden chair and table

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Gold, Flux.
Bone, Stone.
Metal, Wood.

I'm mostly interested in giving players move visuals to design their fort with. Of course seeing the colors already helps to distinguish between gold and granite tables, but it would be nice to show craftier dwarfen artwork properly. And if I add support to make evil stuff like bone furniture or flesh walls, people can go all sims on their forts. ^^ So, furniture and walls are my top picks.

I don't think everything needs to be super differentiated. Just being able to see the difference between broad types like metal, leather, stone, and wood would be plenty, imo.
Same here.

For armor, being able to see the difference between a bronze piece and a leather piece would be kind of nice. Just having different colors is plenty for identifying them most of the time, and I don't think they're really used for decoration. I kind of think that weapons and armor are the least-commonly seen tiles out of the options.
True, I sometimes forget that those are mostly stored in chests, cabinets or on bodies. Creatures would need to show their worn items for this to make sense.

I'm not really sure what the current resources look like, but it might be cool to have different tiles based on if something is a gem, metal, coal, or flux, or whatever. Maybe there could be different-sized gen tiles based on the value of the gem.
That's my plan. Stone, Metal, Gem, Wood, Bone. Maybe Flux, and maybe something for Gold and Adamantine. Glass is super tough to paint. I could make differently sized gem based on value, yes. Thta would require a lot of override code lines though, about 130 for each item.

I think furnature could be a good one to have more options for since it is used decoratively and they are used all over the fortress. That bone furniture looks nice. 
Again, agreed. :)

I really like your idea for having a special tile for wood walls. I'm guessing you'll keep natural smooth walls so that walls of different stones will blend with each other, so this will mostly be for constructed walls. I'm not really understanding why a gold walls would need to be different from an iron wall, and i kind of doubt that metals would be used for walls enough to make two different metal sets of walls worth it, but i'm still interested in it.
Mostly just for people that want to show off. Nobles, monarchs, etc sometimes get golden rooms, I thought that if players put in the extra effort, they should be rewarded with a cool look.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For a metal, it would be good to halve the brightness of the diagonal light strip.
Wood - you have a chair made of parquet)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

How about wooden furniture made of tree-trunks? ^^

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wood - This is a good decision. Maybe even add a faint horizontal dark lines for rim.
Metal - diagonal light strip - too noticeable, distracting from everything else. Maybe draw black line,that denote the bottom of the table in the area  table-legs.
Flux -
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 04:20:23 pm by Vordak »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Lets add some gem furniture and cavern/fungi wood.

I hope it's not too painstakingly obvious that I'm having a ton of fun and should really be doing other things right now. ^^

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

can make a table and chair for mushroom material on one support, like as if they really are mushrooms ?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Sure.

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Adamantine set??
☼MASTERWORK☼
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 187