Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Multi Caster Rituals.  (Read 572 times)

Beag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Multi Caster Rituals.
« on: October 29, 2016, 12:09:32 am »

If a magic wielding player can convince some mafic wielding NPCs can they join forces and cast a combined spell together? This would be something along the lines of rituals to revive gods or summoning destruction so great it could wipe out entire nations. The ritual of course would most likely kill/corrupt all the spell casters involved though.

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Multi Caster Rituals.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 10:14:19 am »

Fhtagn! On a more serious note, I think Toady is already considering this.

From the development page:
"Wizards that form groups (councils, covens, etc.), must have rationale (group magic, mutual protection, research, etc.)"

I don't know to what extent group magic will be a thing, but I would sorta enjoy seeing cultist rituals and such.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 12:36:37 am »

Honestly I'd like to see long tedious group rituals for all kinds of magic, there's a certain element of comedy to three guys passing around a dagger and bloodletting for a few hours just to grow a garden or whatever. Especially if they actually were trying to summon a primordial horror but screwed up on counting how many times they were supposed to pass the knife.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 06:40:59 am »

I love this idea. I made a suggestion long ago about magic in DF being similar to real life magic such as ritual magic, chaos magic, shamanism, voodoo, etc.

Golden Dawn people especially love this sort of thing with large groups, chants and all sorts of elaborate props. If I'm not mistakened, buddhism and taoism have similar stuff and American Indians made some beautiful looking magic circles.