Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Pantheon- RtD god game 8/7  (Read 11584 times)

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pantheon- RtD god game 8/7
« on: January 20, 2017, 06:24:33 pm »

DISCORD SERVER AVAILABLE FOR THIS GAME

https://discord.gg/F2VmYcc

CHARACTER CREATION:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BASIC RULES:
1.   This is base RtD rules. A 7 acts as a 6, but the damage isn’t as severe.
2.   I like roleplay. Roleplay well and I reserve the right to grant the Boon of the Father-God. This is a +1 to your roll. If this becomes problematic or onesided, I will stop doing it, but please try to add flavour and flare to your posts.
3.   I don’t want characters to die at the drop of a hat. You’re a god, you should not be easy to kill, but you should still be able to be eliminated. Therefore, you may only be harmed by divine weapons created by the gods. You recover one HP per turn.
4.   If you die, your spirit may take control of an heir if you have one. That heir must be a full-blooded god and may not share your sphere. Ascendancy from mortal to god cannot occur. If two parents of a god-child die, it’s first in first served.
5.   You have four BOLDED actions per turn. These are the actions you wish to roll for. You may perform actions that do not need rolls in unbolded text. If an action is performed in unbolded text which requires a roll it will fail.
6.   All gods are able to speak to each other telepathically, and without the use of an action. Likewise, any god may block out another god from speaking with them.
7.   Each turn counts for one year of time in-game. The rate your people will age and die will be X amount of turns depending on the race.
8.   Any god may PM one action instead of making it public per turn. This will be revealed to those for whom it has relevance if successful.

CHARACTERS:

Spoiler: Pancaek as Moronth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mallos as Auris (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bluexdog as Khan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Happy Demon as Draco (click to show/hide)

GOD-MADE SPECIAL EFFECTS:

The Golden Winds:
Any make invoke the power of the golden winds provided the power is to be used in causing change. I will roll a D4 and each action where the winds have been used that rolls a 4 gets +1 to that action.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 04:04:55 pm by Sialia »

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon- RtD god game 1/8
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 08:09:17 pm »

Eyup.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 11:59:30 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 09:35:11 pm »

Name: Moronth
Signature: A raven perched atop a dead tree
Sphere: Undeath
Talent: Necromancy
HP: 20/20

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 10:28:41 pm »

Imma do it. GONNA DO IT.

Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon- RtD god game 3/8
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 06:24:14 pm »

((Ok, lets get this one moving. Another note I would like to make is that your talent is something you are good at in particular, and it has no discernable numerical effect, it is more a guideline for me when writing for you. All gods can perform others talents, but to a lesser, compromised ability. ))

There is nothingness.

Endless nothingness above, and endless water below, bottomless.

Three gods now are. None knows how they are, but they are now.

The water reaches forever in all directions, forever downward. The nothingness goes on forever too, and the surface of the water is flat as it reaches into eternity. There is no light, only darkness. No stars, no night, no day, no land, only water and nothing.

Skindas, Moronth, Auris. You now are. You have power, you can change the world around you.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon- RtD god game 3/8- Game start, but more players still needed.
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 07:27:13 pm »

Auris realizes they have begun to exist. Grinning from under their flowing golden cloak, the Change god speaks.

"And with the first breath having been drawn, He sets out to sculpt the world before him into his own image."
Gesturing widely with both arms, Auris prepares to change the endless sea before them. There is a slight yellow glow from His hands as he begins.

Morph a large part of the sea into a landmass made of shining golden stone, ideally big enough to serve as a continent.

"Having formed a landmass for His spawn, He paints the heavens above with his own golden blood."
Form a ball of shiny gold held by invisible force in the heavens above. It is radiant enough to serve as a star and bring light to the world despite being made only of gold.

"He next breathed pure Change into being, the winds that resulted forever carrying his empowering and warping gifts to all who may seek them."
Create a phenomena known as the Golden Winds, streams of wind that carry along the powers of Change and can serve as a source of magical power to channel.

"With these foundations being set, He birthed the first of His progeny to worship and revel in Him and spread Change."
Create Auric Changelings, featureless golden people who can shift their forms to assume the guise of another creature. They embody change and venerate me.

EDIT: All four of my actions are here now, Sialia.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 09:08:14 pm by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 07:42:11 pm »

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 08:16:58 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 07:56:27 pm »

"Hmph, a bit too cheery for my tastes. But no matter, there is space enough for all of us.

Also create a continent sized landmass, only use material that isn't quite as bright and cheery and instead is more earthy and darker. Do this a long distance away from Auris' continent.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 08:37:28 pm by Pancaek »

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 08:13:34 pm »

But in the beginning, the great ocean was motionless, for there was no such thing as Time yet. And lo, Skindas said

"Let there be time."

And Skindas, knowing that there would have to be life to take advantage of Time, created the first seeds of life in the oceans.

Create Grig, a long, stringy plant which grows in pods which float freely throughout the oceans.

Create the Fler, tubular eel-like creatures which possess only a mouth with which they consume Grig pods.

Create the Umeolk, a race of sentient bear-sized squids. The Umeolk are only tangentially connected to space and time, and so appear to flicker in and out of reality and possess the ability to see a few seconds into the future. The Umeolk are nomadic, and are naturally attracted to sites of godly intervention.

EDIT: Muh Grammar
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 08:18:09 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon- RtD god game 4/8- Game start, but more players still needed.
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 08:49:17 pm »

Name: Kahn
Signature: Crossed blades
Sphere: War
Talent: Combat Master
HP: 20/20
No sig yet

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon- RtD god game 5/8- Game start, but more players still needed.
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 08:57:07 pm »

A Cry can be heard in a non specific area as a woman clad in crimson armor rises from the ground on the golden continent

Create a warrior race that shall be known as the amazons. They are all female and can mate with any other species. They shall only accept male mates if they best them in battle. they shall also only worship me
repeat until successful
If there are any actions left over create many weapons for my creation
No sig yet

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2017, 09:07:50 pm »

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 09:20:34 pm by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2017, 09:11:12 pm »

Breathing deep a being bursts forth strange and ethereal a breath going from their mouth a shiver coming from them their eyes opening and they look upon the world and give a warm smile....a happy smile and give a joyous laugh full of warmth into the world.
"I am Lääke Nainen and I am ALIVE!"
Spread the feeling of joy and happiness into all living creation.
Create plants that grow medicinal fruits that heal wounds.
create fish to inhabit the occeans they will glow and be extravagant rhythems of colors.
Make  a small species made of light they are humanoid and have a multitude of hair colors their faces are angular and they emanate a beautiful wamth they are equipped with a type of magic that allows them to heal others.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2017, 09:14:40 pm »

"Oh great I have to share this world! Hopefully one of these other "Gods" are formidable"
No sig yet

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2017, 09:59:18 pm »

Auris realizes they have begun to exist. Grinning from under their flowing golden cloak, the Change god speaks.

"And with the first breath having been drawn, He sets out to sculpt the world before him into his own image."
Gesturing widely with both arms, Auris prepares to change the endless sea before them. There is a slight yellow glow from His hands as he begins.

Morph a large part of the sea into a landmass made of shining golden stone, ideally big enough to serve as a continent.

"Having formed a landmass for His spawn, He paints the heavens above with his own golden blood."
Form a ball of shiny gold held by invisible force in the heavens above. It is radiant enough to serve as a star and bring light to the world despite being made only of gold.

"He next breathed pure Change into being, the winds that resulted forever carrying his empowering and warping gifts to all who may seek them."
Create a phenomena known as the Golden Winds, streams of wind that carry along the powers of Change and can serve as a source of magical power to channel.

"With these foundations being set, He birthed the first of His progeny to worship and revel in Him and spread Change."
Create Auric Changelings, featureless golden people who can shift their forms to assume the guise of another creature. They embody change and venerate me.

EDIT: All four of my actions are here now, Sialia.

2 + 1 - The seas refuse to change their form completely to form the land mass, however under your power waves are created on the endless ocean, and an archipelago of ten small islands spring up.

5 – The sun is formed, it is held in the sky permanently and unmovingly. Its light is cast on all the islands.
6 – The Golden Winds are formed. They are passages much like currents in the ocean and can span from ten metres to a kilometre across. They stretch as far as your sun’s light reaches. They shine in the light but create no light of their own. The winds carry your power to other races and gods, that they may also use this magic to implement change.
1+1 – You have spent such power creating the golden winds that when you move to create your people you find your reserves bare and dry. Your people are not created.

"Hmph, a bit too cheery for my tastes. But no matter, there is space enough for all of us.

Also create a continent sized landmass, only use material that isn't quite as bright and cheery and instead is more earthy and darker. Do this a long distance away from Auris' continent.

4, 2, 5, 2 - As you are spending four actions on this, lets say (Read the rules you get four) the land mass grows enormous. You create it just outside where the sun’s light touches such that there is a perpetual orange glow on the horizon in that direction, but your land is covered in darkness.

But in the beginning, the great ocean was motionless, for there was no such thing as Time yet. And lo, Skindas said

"Let there be time."

And Skindas, knowing that there would have to be life to take advantage of Time, created the first seeds of life in the oceans.

Create Grig, a long, stringy plant which grows in pods which float freely throughout the oceans.

Create the Fler, tubular eel-like creatures which possess only a mouth with which they consume Grig pods.

Create the Umeolk, a race of sentient bear-sized squids. The Umeolk are only tangentially connected to space and time, and so appear to flicker in and out of reality and possess the ability to see a few seconds into the future. The Umeolk are nomadic, and are naturally attracted to sites of godly intervention.

EDIT: Muh Grammar

1 + 1 - Time does not begin. All things continue with no beginning nor end. So things are, always they have been for there is no time to differentiate start from end. There was always sun, there was always islands.
3 – Grig come to be, but they do not live beyond suspended animation as time is not.
5 – The Fler come to be. They live and move in spite the fact there is no time. They eat the Grig but the Grig are not multiplying.
3+1 – The Umelok are created, but are bound to time and the absence of time traps them to exist only once time comes to be.

A Cry can be heard in a non specific area as a woman clad in crimson armor rises from the ground on the golden continent

Create a warrior race that shall be known as the amazons. They are all female and can mate with any other species. They shall only accept male mates if they best them in battle. they shall also only worship me
repeat until successful
If there are any actions left over create many weapons for my creation

5 – Creation successful, they have a magic about them that cause other races to be attracted to them as though they were a member of their own species. However, due to the absence of time, they are frozen in place. Time is a prerequisite for life, after all.
3, 4, 2 – You create basic clubs for the amazonians. You then create tridents for them, which also will prove useful for fishing. Your final attempt to create weapons fails.

Breathing deep a being bursts forth strange and ethereal a breath going from their mouth a shiver coming from them their eyes opening and they look upon the world and give a warm smile....a happy smile and give a joyous laugh full of warmth into the world.
"I am Lääke Nainen and I am ALIVE!"
Spread the feeling of joy and happiness into all living creation.
Create plants that grow medicinal fruits that heal wounds.
create fish to inhabit the occeans they will glow and be extravagant rhythems of colors.
Make  a small species made of light they are humanoid and have a multitude of hair colors their faces are angular and they emanate a beautiful wamth they are equipped with a type of magic that allows them to heal others.

2 – Nothing may feel your joy and happiness, as nothing moves but the non-sentient Fler. They have no concept of joy.
1+1 – You create some small, scraggly plants that do not bear fruit
5 – The fish are made, the endless ocean is filled with the shining rainbow-scaled fish, however they, like most life, are frozen in time.
1 – Your powers backfire. The tiny faerie-like creatures refuse to come into existence and cannot be created next turn either.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10