Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]

Author Topic: The Rise and Fall of Roomcarnage :: an ongoing Dwarf Fortress story  (Read 252316 times)

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise and Fall of Roomcarnage :: an ongoing Dwarf Fortress story
« Reply #615 on: December 07, 2019, 10:05:31 pm »

Chapter 67 has been posted!
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • "Sanity impaired"
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 07, 2019, 10:50:59 pm »

Quote from: DS
So much for hell.

Let the endgame commence! :D
Come play Mafia with us!
May Armok give me strength. Or scuba miners.
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 08, 2019, 06:43:51 am »

I wonder... Does the "safety" actually guard against the tantrums?

However, artifact bone door for the win. Or not, in this case.

Though I must admit, I was hoping to see them battle Inira foul fog zombie.

Ouch, 6 fps. This is truly the end (of) times.

...Oh, I thought you'd be  capturing Inira. And good to see (for you) that the game didn't crash this time, as it did for ThatAussieGuy.

Nice to see that downward stairways are still valid ways of movement for you. One of the ways to get demons without getting the announcement, after all.

I wasn't aware of Wraith of Steam condensation, having never paused to look at the remains twice. I wonder, could one use it to get water in a fortress that has none? I suspect not - they'd need to be stockpilable for that, at the very least - but would need 333 pieces per 1/7, of course.

Now...With the invading army crushed by rocks, the tougher part is going to be taming the last cavern layer. When The Momentous Dye hasn't managed to reseize abandoned parts of fortress or caverns ceded to enemies, I'm not sure they'll succeed.

But if you're right about those parts harkening the end for anyone who treads there, the ennui of abandoned hell will only mean falling to the ghosts of the past.

NordicNooob

• Bay Watcher
  • [inset cliche quote referring to profile picture]
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 08, 2019, 06:26:22 pm »

Looks like hell is yours! And it only took you what, like sixty years?

Well, with your switchback unused you could try to route a cavern's worth of undead into it. Cave-ins seem like the best way to defeat the hordes now, since if I recall correctly magma isn't always effective against them in your version.

Thinking back about hell, isn't there a dead units cap that will cause nothing else to spawn? You're still getting cavern wildlife as noted by the success of your traps, so maybe not, but knowing Roomcarnage your hell is going to be empty. The mighty military of Roomcarnage isn't ever going to be used for any large operations in the forseeable future, I expect; nobody in their right mind would try to take on v0.34 zombies with a mortal force.

shezarrine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 08, 2019, 11:31:05 pm »

Christmas came (two and a bit weeks) early this year, woo!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wonderful.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]