Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33

Author Topic: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2)  (Read 55528 times)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2)
« Reply #420 on: September 03, 2017, 09:45:52 pm »

"Great. Someone try shorting it out. Grab some power cable from one of the legs and splice them together. If you end up crossing a positive and negative or a negative and ground you'll either drain all it's power or shut down part of it's power system. Depends on how they made it, really. Oh and try not to get electrocuted in the process. I would do it myself but I happen to not have two arms at the moment."

Continue pushing the bomb parts to the facility, trying to put a dune between us and the mech.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 03, 2017, 09:47:16 pm »

Deploy my shooty-drone, and target the neck-part of the mech- assuming that the mech has a head of some kind. It probably has a weakpoint. If it doesn't have a head, just shoot at the more explosive looking weapons.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 03, 2017, 10:33:42 pm »

take cover, aim for the joints of one of the legs and open fire! It'll have a harder time aiming if it's stability and movement are ruined!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 04, 2017, 01:05:07 am »

Stop assisting to move the bomb for a moment and use my mechanics skill if i can figure out the mechs weak points
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 04, 2017, 09:17:01 am »

Well shoot. Right, toss a high explosive grenade at the mech. And take any cover available.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #425 on: September 05, 2017, 08:43:58 am »

Continue to ignore mech unless it personally becomes a problem for me. Move bomb toward the designated location. Wonder idly why the powers that be didn't give us a hand cart or something for this thing. It seems extremely silly.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 05, 2017, 02:39:03 pm »

"Great. Someone try shorting it out. Grab some power cable from one of the legs and splice them together. If you end up crossing a positive and negative or a negative and ground you'll either drain all it's power or shut down part of it's power system. Depends on how they made it, really. Oh and try not to get electrocuted in the process. I would do it myself but I happen to not have two arms at the moment."

Continue pushing the bomb parts to the facility, trying to put a dune between us and the mech.

You help INVICTUS start pushing the bomb parts to the facility. As you get closer, you can make out the very distinct shapes of turrets perched all over the building. They don't seem to have detected you yet, though.

As you ponder the turrets, you hear a loud explosion coming from the north side of the facility. Some smoke starts drifting up from what you assume to be the site of the explosion.

Deploy my shooty-drone, and target the neck-part of the mech- assuming that the mech has a head of some kind. It probably has a weakpoint. If it doesn't have a head, just shoot at the more explosive looking weapons.

[Mechanics: 7-2]

You get the drone flying, but when you actually move in to shoot the mech, the bullets harmlessly ricochet off its armor.

[-1 Ammo burst]

Then, Doc throws a grenade at the mech, sending it toppling to the ground! It shoots a ball of plasma out as it falls, but it misses you so everything is okay. Then the remains of the mech start beeping. Oh dear.

take cover, aim for the joints of one of the legs and open fire! It'll have a harder time aiming if it's stability and movement are ruined!

[Conventional Weapons: 6]

You dive behind one of the sand dunes, and start firing! Despite raking the joints several times with laser fire, you only barely damage the joint. It does appear to be slightly destabilized now, however.

[-3s Ammo]

Then, you see Darwin lob a grenade at the other joint, which obliterates the connection between leg and body! As it topples to the ground, you see it charging some sort of energy weapon. Directly at you, as it so happens to be. Crap.

[Dexterity: 10+1]
[Mech, Conventional Weapons: 7+?]

Fortunately, you saw the weapon early enough to jump out of the way before a huge ball of plasma careens towards you, completely obliterating the dune you were taking cover behind in a massive explosion! You have just enough time to congratulate yourself before you realize that you jumped off a particularly steep drop headfirst.

[Endurance: 7+1]

You manage to roll out of the fall, with minimal damage! Huzzah!

Stop assisting to move the bomb for a moment and use my mechanics skill if i can figure out the mechs weak points

[Mechanics: 2+1]

Uh, shoot it until it dies? Simply put, under the current amount of stress you are in, you can't think clearly enough to adequately analyze the mech.

Fortunately, your more heavily armed teammates manage to disable the robot. It starts making some beeping noises as it falls to the ground, however.

Well shoot. Right, toss a high explosive grenade at the mech. And take any cover available.

[Unconventional Weapons: 10-2]

You toss one of the HE grenades directly at the joint connecting the mech's left leg to it's central body! As you dive away behind a sand dune, you hear the sound of screeching metal as the metal monster teeters and totters, completely off balance! As it crashes to the ground, you see a bright green glow emerge from it's center compartment, and just before it hits the ground a huge ball of plasma careens directly towards Doc! Looks like he was able to jump out of the way, however.

[-1 HE Grenade]

Next, you notice that the remains of the mech are beeping and flashing bright red lights. Oh my.

Continue to ignore mech unless it personally becomes a problem for me. Move bomb toward the designated location. Wonder idly why the powers that be didn't give us a hand cart or something for this thing. It seems extremely silly.

You hear an explosion behind you, followed up by an explosion in front of you, on the far side of the facility! As you approach said facility, you notice a huge number of turrets covering almost all parts of the outer walls. You don't appear to be in range yet, but if you keep approaching you soon will be.

While looking, you ponder why you don't have a hand cart. Probably because management is a bunch of cheap bastards. Yeah, that's it.

You all see a third dropship careen across the sky, landing far to the west of the facility.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 05, 2017, 02:58:10 pm »

Shit.

Recall the drone then begin to hoof it towards the facility. Get a dune inbetween me and the beeping mech. If I hear an explosion, hit the dirt sand immediately.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 05, 2017, 03:15:39 pm »

Return to assist moving the bomb
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 05, 2017, 04:02:20 pm »

hunker down for right now. I'm not fucking with a plasma cannon mech.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 06, 2017, 03:40:32 pm »

"So, does anyone want to figure out how to deal with the turrets?"

Make sure the bomb parts are safe from the probably imminent mech explosion, but do not push the bomb parts into the range of the turrets.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 06, 2017, 04:35:39 pm »

Get away from the mech(and get down!)!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #432 on: September 06, 2017, 05:05:13 pm »

Look for a way to build a catapult so I can get this stupid thing in there.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 06, 2017, 11:27:16 pm »

Shit.

Recall the drone then begin to hoof it towards the facility. Get a dune inbetween me and the beeping mech. If I hear an explosion, hit the dirt sand immediately.

[Mechanics: 9-2]

Miraculously, you manage to return control of the drone to yourself! You start running towards the facility as fast as you can before you hear a deafening explosion! As you hurl yourself to the ground, you see traces of a blindingly bright green light flash behind you before fading, leaving nothing but a ringing in your ears.

Return to assist moving the bomb

You try to move the bomb parts forward, but when you do so you are stopped by August! Oh my.

hunker down for right now. I'm not fucking with a plasma cannon mech.

You duck for cover in the rocky earth you've landed in, when suddenly you hear an ear-piercingly loud explosion, followed by a blinding green light and an avalanche of sand!

[Dexterity: 1+1]

You don't even begin to react quickly enough before you get thrown into the torrent of sand, throwing you to and fro, fro and to all over the place, tumbling in a thousand directions at once!

[Endurance: 8+1]

After getting thrown about, you eventually come to a stop. You feel as if someone has just spent the last five minutes beating you with a baseball bat, and you have absolutely no idea where you are, but nothing feels immediately broken. You cannot, however, tell which way is up. When you turn on your light all you see is the sand pressed down against your helmet.

"So, does anyone want to figure out how to deal with the turrets?"

Make sure the bomb parts are safe from the probably imminent mech explosion, but do not push the bomb parts into the range of the turrets.

[Intelligence: 1+1]

You can't really tell what the range of the turrets is, so you decide that right where you are is outside of the turret range. Ivan tries to push the box forward, but you lean against it and force him to stop.

Get away from the mech(and get down!)!

You sprint away from the mech, and launch yourself towards the ground when you hear the massive explosion erupt behind you! You see a blindingly bright green light, which dissipates and leaves you temporarily blinded!

Look for a way to build a catapult so I can get this stupid thing in there.

[Intelligence: 2+1]

Yeah. Good luck with that. The only items you have available at the moment are the box and some sand. You don't think you would be able to make a catapult out of sand.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 07, 2017, 06:39:00 pm »

"Owww... my eyes..."

Wait until my vision clears up.
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33