Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 9 - Game over!  (Read 38207 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 9 - Day 2 has no time for monsters
« Reply #105 on: October 06, 2017, 06:06:57 am »

If it starts with a single cultist, we should have two cultists right now.
I was going to post something that revealed not-really-useful-stuff-at-the-moment but then I realized something MORE important!

If my assumptions are right--and if Ghoul-rag died after nom-ing BHK--then there couldn't have been a cult-convert, because a Cult team can only do one or the other.
*reads own link*
...Yeah! Per night!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 06, 2017, 06:21:21 am »

If it starts with a single cultist, we should have two cultists right now.
I was going to post something that revealed not-really-useful-stuff-at-the-moment but then I realized something MORE important!

If my assumptions are right--and if Ghoul-rag died after nom-ing BHK--then there couldn't have been a cult-convert, because a Cult team can only do one or the other.
*reads own link*
...Yeah! Per night!
That's assuming it was a cult kill, that the cult even has a kill. Monster Hunters are a potential role, too, so it could've been a town kill.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 06, 2017, 06:36:42 am »

Not to give off the impression of fishing--as I'm also thinking that roleclaiming would be a good idea either today or tomorrow given how...6/9 may feel like LYLO if at least 2 are non-town/malevolent to town, but to share my own ideas, I think this is a delicately power heavy game.

It's hard to tell how a mass-roleclaim would upset the balance here. People with sensitive roles have the short end of that stick, but I think we're nearing the point where we don't have the luxury of choice. It's a bit frustrating that no one has gleaned anything important enough to claim on the spot and report their findings, like a fortune teller might.

Everyone: thoughts on a mass roleclaim?

I am nearly sure we have a cult. We had 9 players. 1 was a templar. 2 were third parties (devil was always third party in previous games). That leaves 6 players. If it starts with a single cultist, we should have two cultists right now.

I'm not actually convinced we're dealing with a charismatic cult, seeing as how Shakerag's death is still a mystery.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 06, 2017, 06:38:07 am »

[...]
Everyone: thoughts on a mass roleclaim?

I am nearly sure we have a cult. We had 9 players. 1 was a templar. 2 were third parties (devil was always third party in previous games). That leaves 6 players. If it starts with a single cultist, we should have two cultists right now.

I'm not actually convinced we're dealing with a charismatic cult, seeing as how Shakerag's death is still a mystery.
I think my post got pushed to the last page :P
But I'm waiting on Meph regarding the status of the corpse--until then, no on the roleclaiming in agreement about that sensitivity.

If anyone else has questions to nudge Meph, please do so regarding the flavor of the dead.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 06, 2017, 06:54:26 am »

Yeah I don't think there's a cult. We had two hostile TPs flip overnight; one killed the other, and the second's death is mysterious. The flavor for Shakerag's death does slightly imply a non-town killer.

Not sure regarding killing town-roles, given we had one TP and probably scum. That would basically wipe out half the town in one day, assuming the town, TP, and scum roles didn't get lynched, and they each fired at different targets during the night.

I guess this leads me to believe Shakes' killer is not town, and is bad.

Still potentially two scum left, but I feel like there's only one.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 06, 2017, 09:41:07 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
juicebox: Reverie
TheDarkStar: Tiruin

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday

And Tiruin is correct, I seem to have forgotten to include information about one of the death's. Sorry about that. I will update the morning flavor accordingly.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 06, 2017, 09:48:19 am »

Oh hell, that's ominous.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2017, 10:12:09 am »

The ghoul mutual-kill interpretation is certainly out and a second SK doesn't seem likely, so it looks like the work of a scumteam after all. Which flavour though? Missing eyes and hearts sounds ritualistic as all hell, so we're back to a cult then? Sounds a bit much for witches, but I don't suppose that's off the table. I'd like to hear second opinions.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 06, 2017, 10:22:29 am »

I just had a wild thought. Has werewolves been done before? So far the game has had something of a monster-y theme ('day 2 has no time for monsters'? :o ) and werewolves eat hearts.

Except they grabbed the eyes too, and the moon would have to be full for this to work.

Meph: what is the current phase of the moon?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 06, 2017, 10:34:17 am »

hector: How would Shakerag being killed rule out a cult? How do you know the cult has no kills? Further, I see you going on and on about the kill, but not grilling anyone about it. Why would that be?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 06, 2017, 11:21:01 am »

The moon is currently in Waning Gibbous Phase.

Also, I should note two things.
  1) I linked all the previous games in the first post. Players may benefit from reading over the Role & Night PMs from those games to get a sense of what has happened before.
  2) While details about roles can change between games most things tend to be the same from one game to the next.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2017, 02:11:44 pm »

Hector: I didn't vote because I was busy doing things, and I forgot to check back until day was already over

Reverie: I would certainly be up for a massclaim.

Tiruin: That will have to wait until a later post, when I 'm not on my phone and I can actually post a wall of text. BTW I did manage to get one post in Day 1. It's not tge best but at least that's something, right?

What I will say for right now is that I agree with Hector that shakerag was most likely killed by non-cult scum. I don't think it's very likely that a cult leader would have a kill.

Teneb: Why are you so focused on a cult? I know that they've been common in supernatural games but the evidence seems to me to point elsewhere

Reverie: Assuming there is a non-cult scumteam, who would your top suspects be so far?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2017, 02:24:33 pm »

hector: How would Shakerag being killed rule out a cult? How do you know the cult has no kills? Further, I see you going on and on about the kill, but not grilling anyone about it. Why would that be?

What? When did I say these things? Could fire that last shot at you too, bucko. Excepting this question, anyway...

I'm having trouble finding where I said things that could be twisted to look like I said that, too. I said I think, given the information at hand, that there's no cult, not that there definitely absolutely 100% isn't one. My mind is open to being changed. PPE: see later.

Also, all we're really doing now is going "well this makes me think that" and nobody is really doing anything. I was throwing in my two cents and pondering what to do with the not particularly useful information I did have, which I proceeded to disseminate to y'all.

NK analysis is a bit hit and miss anyway. Until about an hour ago, I didn't know much about Shake's kill beyond it happened. Could've been town, TP, or scum. We don't want to delve too much into a town kill, while a TP kill is interesting. Scum probably have a kill, otherwise they're going to have much trouble winning, though I haven't looked through the previous supernatural games with a cult yet to see how Meph dealt with conversions and kills.

PPE: in saying that, this was a role in the Semi-Bastard Supernatural:

Hapah - You are a veteran Templar, your skills in hunting down the accursed Cults of the world honed by many battles against the dark forces of the world. You are immune to the seductive charms of the Cults, and cannot be converted by them. In addition, you may either attempt to Kill another player each night or Protect yourself from attack instead.

Seems likely there's a cult then heh.

However, it would seem quite excessive for them to have a convert and a kill. One or t'other, though I guess they could convert a killing role... that would be unpleasant.

Supernatural 8 had a non-converting cult, though. Could be dealing with that again.

Equally so, the Templar role could be a red herring. *shrugs* various games in which there has been a Vampire Hunter with no vampire.

I agree with Rev's conclusion of Shakerag's death being awfully ritualistic. Perhaps the baddies are building a golem, or are attempting to summon a vicious beasty and need various body parts, but that's flavour pondering and not necessarily all that useful.

PPE2: juicebox: where does the evidence point if not to a cult, in your opinion?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2017, 03:14:46 pm »

Teneb: Why are you so focused on a cult? I know that they've been common in supernatural games but the evidence seems to me to point elsewhere
And what, pray tell, does the evidence point to? It's all very nice to say "ur wrong" without saying why. Are you trying to divert attention from your cultist self?

What? When did I say these things? Could fire that last shot at you too, bucko. Excepting this question, anyway...
unvote[/color]. It was mostly baseless stuff to see if you would actually slip. Pressure and so on.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 06, 2017, 03:29:30 pm »

The moon is currently in Waning Gibbous Phase.

Meph: What does that mean for the moon's phase last night?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14