Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 142349 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perpetually Stalled - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #420 on: June 05, 2018, 09:20:39 am »

"Oh for.."

Alida determines her location via the complicated method of looking at a street sign.

"We're on the 2100 block of Boulevard C, next to Aces Pawnshop and the defunct Tanya's Eatery."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 09:24:30 am by Devastator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 05, 2018, 09:56:53 am »

"Uh, yeah, friends! I'm Mina." Mina says. Once the girl on the phone relays the information, she starts talking again. "Did you get that Tooru?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 05, 2018, 10:44:21 am »

"By the way, I'm Aleksandra. Nice to meet you, Mina! Location is what Alida said, please hurry before Pumsy gets impatient again... Also, who's Tooru? Another friend?"
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #424 on: June 05, 2018, 10:10:52 pm »

You want actions?

Try to remember where did I get that horrible sensation of unease a while ago. Try scouting around for the witch, without staying too far away from Pumsy and Alida. It probably is close to where I got that sense of dread, right? The witch probably spooked everyone with horrible feelings like that, which would explain why there is no one else around here.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 05, 2018, 10:25:31 pm »

After the others arrive, point out where I think the labrynth is, and enter it together.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #426 on: June 06, 2018, 10:24:04 pm »

"Yeah, I'll be right over!"

Meet up with the others!
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 07, 2018, 01:45:45 pm »

"I'll be a bit, gimme a few minutes!" Mina ended the call, and turned to Pumsy. "I don't suppose you have some sort of magic to make my parents not notice I'm gone...? At least, until I get back." she said, not really believing he would but if he did, then that would be great...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 08, 2018, 01:24:13 pm »

"magical girls can do anything!"
[Citation Needed]
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 10, 2018, 10:07:00 pm »

Mina rubbed her forehead... this was... aaaaargh. Magical girl responsibilities were haaaard.

Well, try to come up with... some way to go out without getting in trouble. If that fails just go downstairs, tell them you're going to bed and yawn and stuff, and then head up to the bedroom. Technically not lying: went to bed, just aren’t staying there.

Consider how difficult it would be to maintain a minor illusion of being there and sleeping. And how effective that'd be versus just stacking pillows or something. Once some sort of thing is in place sneak out
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 10:15:56 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 13, 2018, 02:13:12 pm »

You want actions?

Try to remember where did I get that horrible sensation of unease a while ago. Try scouting around for the witch, without staying too far away from Pumsy and Alida. It probably is close to where I got that sense of dread, right? The witch probably spooked everyone with horrible feelings like that, which would explain why there is no one else around here.
After the others arrive, point out where I think the labrynth is, and enter it together.

((I talked with Devastator about Alida's actions in IRC, so this runs a little longer than it otherwise would.))

Alida decides to just sit down at the lip of the canal and wait for the others, setting Pumsy down in her lap and idly petting him.  At first, Aleksandra awkwardly stands by her side, too stressed and uneasy to relax, but eventually she decides to go scout out the surroundings.

[Creativity] & [Creativity]

She doesn't find much of anything interesting nearby, aside from the sitting man at the bottom of the canal, who Alida's watching.  The unpleasant sensation she noticed a little while ago never stopped, but they haven't gotten any stronger, either.  Even focusing on it, the sensation doesn't change at all even when she leaves Alida and Pumsy, or at least not over the short distance she feels it's safe to travel.  Disappointed, Aleksandra returns to wait with Alida, though she still nervously paces back and forth, nervously looking up and down the creepy empty flood canal all the while.

Due to her watchfulness, she's the first to notice something abnormal.  There's a garishly colored boat floating up the water in the canal from the direction of the docks, far too large for it to possibly fit in the tiny strip of shallow water that it's nonetheless traveling up at a fair speed.  Aleksandra immediately shouts a warning to Alida and readies her rifle as the boat drifts closer.

Alida has a more calm reaction, Pumsy hopping off her lap as she stands up and loudly relays the scene to the other girls over Aleksandra's phone.  As the boat gets closer, she can see that there's twelve people aboard; eleven sitting down in four rows, and one standing man at the rear, wearing a tuxedo and top hat.  He seems to be pushing the boat along with a long pole which goes far deeper into the water than should be possible, and which doesn't look strong enough to push the boat as effectively as it does.

Quote from: Devastator (IRC}
Edge closer.  When [Alida]'s about 20 feet away, ask the Russian girl with the gun to fire a round in the air.  And STAY BACK, but fire a round in the air.

[Love]

Alida starts to climb down into the canal, getting closer to the boat, but stops after a few paces to tell Aleksandra to fire a warning shot in the air, and to stay back.  The young girl starts to argue for a moment, but thinks better of it--Alida knows what she's doing, after all--and complies, firing a single round into the empty sky.  She nearly drops the gun, surprised by the heavy recoil and painfully loud report, but keeps ahold of it, merely stumbling backward and falling into a sitting position.

By the time she gets back to her feet and can see Alida again, she's already near the bottom, and the boat has stopped in front of the shaggy man who had been sitting next to the water.  Nobody else seems to have reacted to her shot; even the shaggy man calmly stands up and carefully climbs into the boat while carrying something in both hands, and sits down in an unoccupied seat as the boat starts to pick up speed again.

Quote from: Devastator (IRC)
Follow [the boat].  Do my senses tell me there's a witch on board?  Swim up towards the guy with the pole, and remove the pole via CC.

[Creativity]

Alida follows after the boat, easily keeping pace as she splashes into the water behind the boat.  It turns out to barely go up to her knees at the deepest, and she focuses more on inspecting the boat with her magical sight than on getting close to it.  What she sees isn't helpful; if anything, it looks less like a witch than the surroundings, because the humans on board glow brightly with excited, joyful emotions. 

Annoyed that she hasn't lucked into finding the witch, Alida speeds up, and rips the long pole out of the tuxedo-wearing man's grasp.  It comes away easily, as if he had barely been gripping it, and the boat doesn't slow down in the slightest.  Alida stumbles in the water, overbalancing to compensate for resistance that doesn't come, and the man turns to look at her.  Up close, he's visibly nonhuman: his face has no details in it, looking like clay molded into the shape of a head, and he has a strange, shimmering glass tie.

Meanwhile, Aleksandra is chasing Alida from the top of the canal, barely able to keep up while carrying her rifle, and narrating what's happening over the phone.

"Yeah, I'll be right over!"

Meet up with the others!

You put in the address that Alida gave you into your phone's map app immediately upon hearing it, and after a second it calculates a route, helpfully chirping that there's no traffic.  You set off immediately, running down the sidewalk parallel to the road.  A couple minutes before you arrive, you hear Aleksandra shout something something about a colorful boat, and then Alida starts talking loudly, and more clearly describes that there's a magic looking boat flowing up some canal.

Then you hear a gunshot from somewhere nearby, a sound which is echoed a moment later over the phone, and is followed by silence, even when you worriedly ask what's happening.  You speed up, ignoring the map's directions and just rushing towards the gunshot.  After a couple seconds Aleksandra's voice returns, now notably louder, saying Alida's chasing "it", and that she's following.  You ask her to clarify, but she doesn't seem to be able to hear you, or she's too distracted to pay attention, you don't know.

A couple seconds later you slide to a stop right before you fall into a wide concrete canal, with a thin strip of water at the bottom.  You look down the canal in either direction, and quickly spot the boat and two girls to your left; Alida's at the bottom of the canal, chasing after a garishly colored little boat that's as wide as the strip of water, with a tall man in a tuxedo looming over her.  Some other girl with a rifle is chasing after them from the edge, maybe thirty feet ahead of you.

"I'll be a bit, gimme a few minutes!" Mina ended the call, and turned to Pumsy. "I don't suppose you have some sort of magic to make my parents not notice I'm gone...? At least, until I get back." she said, not really believing he would but if he did, then that would be great...

[Innocence]

Pumsy leaves to go get Asha, and you start thinking about a way to justify going out.  You think about it for several minutes, but can't come up with any particularly good excuses for why you could go out.  At best, you guess you could say something which will make them leave you alone and not check your room.  After a little more consideration, you go downstairs and tell your parents that you're feeling unusually tired, so you're going to sleep earlier.  That's always worked in the past, and you're sure it'll keep them out of your room, lest they wake you up.

That done, you pile up some pillows under your blankets just in case.  You're tempted to make an illusion, but when you made an illusion in the labyrinth before, it required constant attention, and felt like it siphoned off a little bit of your magic continually.  Even if you could maintain it while off on an adventure, it would probably use up a lot of magic... and you don't think your parents will check anyway, so it'd be a waste to cast an illusion.

Confident that your plan will work, you climb out your window and nimbly hop to the ground, and then realize you forgot where Alida said she was.  You suddenly feel embarrassed, not wanting to ask her to repeat it minutes later, and it occurs to you that if they're near the witch you shouldn't really have to, right?  You can just track down the witch yourself!

[Creativity]

You close your eyes and focus, and immediately notice the despair flowing across the ground.  Just as Aleksandra said, it's coming from the city, somewhat in the direction of the docks, though not quite.  Smiling at your own cleverness, you immediately set off, taking the fastest path you can towards the witch.

The trip is quick and uneventful, even the other girls are quiet.  You're expecting them to spot you and say something as you get close to the labyrinth, but even as you're just about to walk up on it none of them comment, and you can't sense any sign of their presence either.  You shrug, and round the last corner.

You find yourself on the lip of a wide concrete flood control canal, a thin strip of water flowing along the bottom, towards the docks.  The entrance to the labyrinth is obvious; it's a circular hole in the sloped concrete wall, as wide as a man is tall, with several multicolored neon flashing in a pattern around the edge of the hole.  There's a steady flow of water coming out of it and streaming down to the water coming from further up the canal, and to your eyes there's also a steady stream of despair--though you're certain that this can't possibly be the only source, judging by how much is coming out.

You spin around to your side as you sense someone running towards you, but relax when you recognize Asha, being led by Pumsy.  They both come to a stop just in front of you, and Pumsy excitedly starts congratulating you.

"Wow, you found an entrance to the witch of mania's labyrinth really fast!  Good job Mina, I knew you could do it!"

You blush a little, not used to receiving such exuberant praise, and then voices start yelling from your phone.  You quickly step closer to Asha and turn the volume up as you hear Alida start talking about a boat with people on it.  A moment later you hear her to say to shoot, an order which is followed by a gunshot from somewhere down the canal in the direction of the docks, and a moment later the sound is repeated over the phone.

You hear Tooru start asking what's going on, and after a couple of seconds Aleksandra's panicked voice joins her, both of them yelling at each other and seemingly not really hearing anything.  You have no idea what's going on, and looking up at Asha, she seems even more confused.

"Y...yes. I think I can now."

Asha attempted to get up, and followed Pumsy's instructions if he had any. If not, she would try to focus and scry the surroundings for the light of other Magical Girls and eventual traces of miasma.

You sit up and slide out of bed, feeling downright amazing compared to how you felt before.  Much of your body did hurt before, but even beyond that, there was this sensation of complete and total exhaustion, which is suddenly just gone; you feel absolutely full of energy, ready to go and kick a witch's face in.  Pumsy happily leads you out of the room, his tail held high, but as you leave you look back at the forms of the three sleeping girls who you share the room with.  You feel a flash of anger at them for doing nothing for you while you were sick, but you quell it and step out to follow Pumsy.

Once you're entirely outside the building, Pumsy speeds up, sprinting down the streets, and you easily keep pace with him, even starting to get ahead at one point, though you slow down at his urging.  There's still some pedestrians out right now, but at the speeds you're running at they're more like high-velocity obstacles that you have to dodge without even being able to make out details.  It's amazing how easy moving this fast has gotten, you barely have to think of it as you weave between people while running faster than any car on the streets, focused more on keeping track of Pumsy than manuevering.

Soon enough, however, the pedestrians are all gone, the streets empty of vehicles.  You're getting close to the witch, and both anxiety and excitement build within you, and you telepathically ask Pumsy how much farther away the witch is.  He responds that he can't find witches, so he's taking you to Mina, who's really close, but Alida and Tooru are farther away, because they're not as good as Mina.  And then he suddenly turns down an alley, leaps over a chain link fence, and then makes another sharp turn at the other end.  You follow just behind, easily vaulting over the fence, and nimbly land on the other side, on the edge of a wide concrete channel, with water at the bottom.  Then you charge after him, and mere seconds later, nearly run into Mina, who perks up when she sees you.

"Wow, you found an entrance to the witch of mania's labyrinth really fast!  Good job Mina, I knew you could do it!"

...Or maybe she perked up because she saw Pumsy.  He seems to like her a lot more than he likes you.  You glare at her, but she doesn't notice, instead just blushing and gaping like a fish at Pumsy, before she's interrupted by voices coming from her pocket.  She quickly yanks her phone out of the pocket, and steps close to you while raising it up so that you both can hear.  You can hear Alida say something about a boat, followed by the sound of a gunshot which comes from the north, and from the phone, and then Tooru and some Russian girl with a terrible accent start arguing loudly, making it impossible to tell what either of them are saying.

Did they add some new girl to the team without telling you?

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 13, 2018, 02:59:55 pm »

Hah, I hear mention of a boat, I wonder "am I on that boat"?
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 13, 2018, 09:40:22 pm »

Sasha isn't sure about what to do now. Alida did tell her to stay back and don't shoot anything, but the guys in the boat were unnerving. She waits for a moment, expecting a command or action from the more experienced girl before deciding to continue following the boat, shooting the men in the boat from her position or letting her do her magical stuff and instead regrouping with the rest that were supossed to arrive here.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 02:19:19 pm by randomgenericusername »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 14, 2018, 05:49:30 am »

Asha was going to mentally debate on the value of communication in a team, when she realized that she wasn't really a great example what with her not even having a phone. Well, it's not my fault I don't have the luxury to afford one... In hindsight, she also remembered she didn't even give her address to any of the girls, not even Tooru. Shame and self-contempt would have welled up if it were not for the urgency of the situation.

Gunshot plus Tooru arguing with a Russian girl definitely didn't bode anything good.

Putting her pride in the back of her mind, Asha started assessing the situation. Tooru and the other girl were involved in something bad. Was it a witch? But Pumsy just said Mina managed to find the witch's labyrinth entrance. Where the girls already in the labyrinth, or was it a totally different matter?

Asha spoke loudly into the phone.
"Tooru! This is Asha, I'm currently with Mina. Please calm down, we can't understand you. Are you okay? What is happening on your position?"

Then she turned toward Mina.
"Mina... Where is the labyrinth located?"

Sasga
~Sasuga~
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 84