Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38

Author Topic: The Fitness Thread - THE RE-SWOLLENING  (Read 54611 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: The Fitness Thread (aka Git Fit, aka Swole Patrol, aka Many Rep, Such Wow)
« Reply #510 on: January 20, 2021, 06:03:10 am »

I need to actually clean out my gym so it's usable. Remind me to never use it as a brooder again.  :'( I got tired out just moving the plates around to sweep the floor. No muscles at all ;_;

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 20, 2021, 11:34:07 am »

Well moving plates is a form of lifting, even if you're just cleaning up space, no? :P

Kinda like people say at the gym. Racking your weights is part of the lift.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 22, 2021, 11:12:09 am »

A shamefur display this week. Got two workouts in, but my upper body workout......man, I have lost so much strength. Mainly back and bicep strength. Either that or my arms aren't actually recovered from the pounding they took last week. I just had no juice to complete even lower weight sets. Couldn't pull myself even half way to the bar on inverted rows. My grip is shot.

I have a lot of rebuilding to do.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #513 on: January 22, 2021, 11:34:09 am »

Ditto. I am managing to exercise maybe once every 5 days when my target was daily lmao, so much ground to recover

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile

Writing this mostly in hopes that I can shame myself into working out again. While last spring I was going at it about 3-5 times/week, now I've barely done a dozen workouts in the past 7 months..  :-[

First goal: 3 sessions/week
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

S'alright. I took a month off because my move was kinda stressing me out.....now I've injured my wrist and I'm gonna need some time to recover from that as well before I can do much of anything. You take the ups and the downs, as long as you just don't come to a complete stop.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been recently inspired lately. Something about it frequently feeling like I have to exert serious effort just to move my legs, and my natural gait getting deformed by how overweight and unbalanced I am, has convinced me to exert a bit more effort on myself. I haven't had any processed sugars in like, five days or something, and I've been going out on lengthy walks outside, with even a little bit of light jogging thrown in here and there (but no more than that jesus my body can't handle it) and I'm already feeling pretty good and more mobile.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Spoiler: joe (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My wife, kids and I began Taekwondo classes a few weeks ago. Twice a week, hour long sessions.

It's absolute hell on my knees, but hopefully it'll give me a reason to lose the dad bod.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: joe (click to show/hide)

Is that you pisskop? Lookin kinda jacked!

Uh so since it's my thread...

Got the notice I needed to move back in March. Then broke my arm. Between being stressed and being down an arm I just gave up on working out for the short term. Did a couple cheat weekends but otherwise I've stuck to my nutrition.

Cast comes off in few more weeks, and I sincerely am looking forward to clawing my way back up the fitness tree from square 1 and finding out how long it's going to take my radial bone to get strong enough to support deadlifting and curling and all the other shit I used to do.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 11:42:36 am by nenjin »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

I've been recently inspired lately. Something about it frequently feeling like I have to exert serious effort just to move my legs, and my natural gait getting deformed by how overweight and unbalanced I am, has convinced me to exert a bit more effort on myself. I haven't had any processed sugars in like, five days or something, and I've been going out on lengthy walks outside, with even a little bit of light jogging thrown in here and there (but no more than that jesus my body can't handle it) and I'm already feeling pretty good and more mobile.

Nice! Being fitter feels good :D

My wife, kids and I began Taekwondo classes a few weeks ago. Twice a week, hour long sessions.

It's absolute hell on my knees, but hopefully it'll give me a reason to lose the dad bod.

Oof. TKD is a lot of fun, hope your knees don't give you too much grief.

On the topic of which I currently have an ice pack strapped to mine. I'm supposed to fence a national tournament on the weekend, and of course it chooses now to start acting up.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

oof good luck nejin.  Its me, I decided the best way to be fit was to show up every day and work out from my garage,  So I left the gym.  mostly left.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 23, 2021, 04:44:20 pm »

So I noticed that my abdomen was flat and soft, which made me realise that I'd neglected core exercise.

Many sit ups and planks later, I am in pain. (Also, if anyone can recommend a good core exercise regime, I'm all ears. And, em, abdomen.)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 23, 2021, 07:47:13 pm »

Hollow Body Holds are great, they're basically planks but upside down. And the hollow position automatically makes all planks, sit ups, crunches, and leg raises more productive for the abs and safer on the lower back.

You can even add resistance to the hollow hold by wearing heavier shoes or putting heavy stuff on your feet.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 24, 2021, 01:17:47 am »

I love butterfly situps, personally. But they are really tough if your abs haven't gone through some conditioning. Once they have though, butterfly situps will really challenge you because they take your hip flexors out of it, which a lot of ab exercises don't disengage.

I'd also recommend leg lifts from your back. Again, a pretty challenging exercise just starting out. You can start out easier by just raising your knees to your chest at first, then graduate to straight leg leg lifts.

Here's also my obligatory statement that you won't see much definition unless you get your body fat lower. If you did no working out but lost weight, you'd look like you have better abs. The working out helps with the flatness. But the lower body fat helps with the softness.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38