Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: Sorcerers @ War - OOC & Fluff  (Read 19292 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerers @ War - OOC & Fluff
« Reply #210 on: January 24, 2018, 09:36:46 pm »

Grain Imports from Market Instead of Feeders:  I... don't know what happened.  Can't trace the bug, it works fine when I run the turn.  Will have to wait for it to show up again and nip it in the bud then.

Migrants filling urban slots before rural:  Should be fixed now, was a feature that ended up becoming a bug.  Also added a function so that if your town is eating from the granary or buying from the market, it will try to fill rural slots by retraining urban pops back to working the land.

Just added the code to ensure that migrants fleeing because of starvation will attempt to fill 'empty' farmland elsewhere in the nation.

Scouts can move into FoW.

That's enough for tonight, I'll tackle the mystery non-production of tools tomorrow.  o_0
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 25, 2018, 09:32:59 am »

Tool production not happening:  Should be fixed, there was a missing line in the code for urban goods production.  Have added lines to the Economy tooltip to indicate goods produced and purchased in real numbers.

Also added a small demand for coal to Smiths, since the resource isn't really demanded by anyone yet and there's a fair amount of coal on the map.

Map Error:  Yeah, that's an error on my part.  You spawned near the E-W wrap point of the map, and the lines don't match up.  Should be fixed next turn.

I'm not sure what happened with the budget gap.  I'll look at that.  Edit:  Fixed.

Culture and National Ideas

Adding in a new system based on player request.  National Ideas (a la Europa Universalis, Civ 5, etc etc) will grant nation-wide bonuses based on the chosen character of your nation.  Specifics to be worked out for each Idea, but some will be mutually exclusive and we can expect some sort of progression tree.

With this in mind, Culture will be a new stat that accumulates similar to Ideas, but based off buildings and certain choices instead of population - this should hopefully allow a nation that is small or has low urban pops to still compete without as much of a reliance on population.  Need to decide exactly what this can be spent on, but primarily Culture will allow you to buy new National Ideas and probably Heroes as well.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 27, 2018, 03:27:58 am »

Spoiler: Stuff (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 11:06:38 am by 10ebbor10 »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 27, 2018, 09:55:47 am »

I has some more questions as well:

Can we know what the herbalists hut does or is that a secret? We can see what a smithy or a library does, but I'm unsure if that's because it's normal to be able to see what a building one is close too can do, or if it's because it was possible to start with one.

Is it possible to get a more full explanation of how population for colonization works when you have multiple races? It's hard to tell because of pop growth, but it doesn't look like it's half and half (although it could be if pop growth is semirandom), or what I asked for, or what the population split of the originating province was. So I'm scratching my head about what the actual maffs are, although I guess it's not super relevant to anything I do, it's at least something I'm curious about.

Also about pop manipulation, does the preference set for city races also apply when starvation causes a certain amount of pop to flee from the city? So like if my capital started to starve, would mostly Xiao leave (as would be my preference)? Or would it be random/something else?

How many ideas do T1 spells cost to research? Given how I have plenty of mana and ideas... Seems like a good idea to start down this path! Something like Karmatic rebalancing or Weather Divination seem like a good place to start.

Do mages have to be in the province they are enchanting? I'd assume so, but I figure best to check. Also can they enchant mid move? Like, move to a place, enchant it, move back? Or do all moves have to be at once?

If a hero ends their movement in a territory can they govern that territory for the turn, and then move on the next turn? Squeezing out extra governance as I run my mage around enchanting lands.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 10:27:37 am by Criptfeind »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 27, 2018, 04:11:43 pm »

Herbalist's Hut    £20, £0.2/turn.  Req: Herbalism.        Demands herbs.  +5% Health.  If fully supplied, +15% Health (or -15% Disease Death Rate).
Health

Just forgot to write it out.

2.  Ah... I'll do this when I have a bit more time.  Slightly pressed this evening.
3.  Same here.  I'll need to check this, but I don't think it does?

4.  200 Ideas if you are basing it off an existing Discipline, 300 ideas for a new discipline.

5.  Yes to both.

6.  Yes.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 28, 2018, 09:43:22 am »

1) I mentioned this in Discord, but my capital's purse seems unusually full. Especially if it actually paid for the mint.

2) My AE seems to have dropped by 5% across all provinces. Edit: Apparently this is due to racial traits being reported, where previously they were hidden.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 10:03:14 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 28, 2018, 11:50:53 am »

Spoiler: Stuff (click to show/hide)

1.  Fixed for next update.
2.  Needs a turn to update the goods demand to work.  I'm looking at an economy rework to fix this in future.
3.  I think migration happened after food production/consumption.  It should be fine, just a bit weird, but I'll look at it if it persists.
4.  I adjusted the displayed efficiencies to account for racial traits after a player request (they demanded to know why their racial bonuses weren't being applied - they were, they just weren't shown).  However, thralls have particularly weird efficiencies due to their unique nature.  As a result, this has somewhat skewed the percentages.
5.  Code weirdness from internal food purchases.  Fixed - for that turn, your populace apparently tried to buy 'fish futures'.
6.  Weird.  If it continues, I'll look into it.

Edit:  Administrator XP Changes

Governor Heroes now gain XP based on the relative power of any unit raised in their territory (a fraction of their XP if defeated in battle) and XP equal to around a third of the cost of any constructed building.  They also gain XP each turn based on the total population of their governed province (receiving about 4x as much XP for urban citizens as rural ones).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 12:04:05 pm by Iituem »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 29, 2018, 09:43:58 am »

So, people have asked this in the Discord, but it either hasn't been answered or I missed it;
What does Late Iron Working actually do for you? It unlocks a bunch of equipment, but to what end? Is it just that that equipment becomes available for heroes? Do existing unit patterns get upgraded to use the new equipment? If so, do they cost more? Or do we get to design units?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 29, 2018, 09:54:22 am »

So, people have asked this in the Discord, but it either hasn't been answered or I missed it;
What does Late Iron Working actually do for you? It unlocks a bunch of equipment, but to what end? Is it just that that equipment becomes available for heroes? Do existing unit patterns get upgraded to use the new equipment? If so, do they cost more? Or do we get to design units?
To add to this: When people research the Smith, does it mean the 'Early Breastplates/shortswords' thing only means 'New equipment for heroes to use!' or "Your armies improve their stats, with access to this new equipment!"?
Because I am fairly curious how 'new unit types' emerge, or instead, we just change out the equipment.

In fact I've been wondering why there are specifiers in the units area of what stuff they generally use anyway. :P That seemed very intriguing and did cause me to associate some words with some stuff I've read in the buildings/tech options.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 29, 2018, 11:15:38 am »

Nope, it unlocks units that use the equipment.  You can design units based off available equipment if you wish, although some come suggested.  e.g. 'Heavy Swordsmen' might use maul hauberks, longswords and iron-rimmed shields.  Costs vary.

So yeah, you can design or upgrade units based on unlocked equipment types.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 29, 2018, 12:13:30 pm »

So yeah, you can design or upgrade units based on unlocked equipment types.
Do we have to pay upfront, like a refitting cost? (And only in our territory of course)
Also could the replenishment upkeep be a bit lower? :P Or at least have some modifier in buildings or otherwise? Although it does make sense when you consider 'tiny nation' (like my doomed one) having steep replenishment issues.

Although I am pretty sad to see that despite 2 turns, I've only replenished 30 or so people in each of my armies.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 29, 2018, 07:42:01 pm »

Yeah, you'd pay upfront to refit units, likely the difference between old and new unit cost.

Resupply Changes

Resupply now costs 75% of gold, mithril and mana compared to initial recruitment, since presumably part of the initial cost is in logistics and an existing unit probably has spares and broken equipment it can repair.  It's a fair argument.

You may also now suspend resupply on an army, which will remain until you resume resupply on that army.  While resupply is suspended, an army will demand no resources (including manpower) to resupply itself.

Unrest Bonus/Penalty

Scaling from -100% Unrest to +100% unrest, provinces receive a +10%/-10% modifier to Agricultural Efficiency; a +20%/-20% modifier to Urban Efficiency; and a +40%/-40% modifier to Idea Efficiency and Goods Production.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 02, 2018, 04:48:30 am »

This looks really neat. Waitlist me, I guess, but I'm happy just to watch.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 05, 2018, 08:04:17 am »

Spoiler: Buildings (click to show/hide)

I've been repeatedly asked for the stats of the new buildings (you really only needed to ask once, I have a list and I'm working through it), so here they are.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 06, 2018, 08:36:09 am »

I just noticed that that list doesn't mention that mines demand tools. I know they do, since East Leth Nova is consuming tools. According to the manual, satisfying the tool demand increases ore output. What's up with that?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17