Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [MOD]Liberal Overhaul+Rebalance  (Read 54446 times)

Durian Hohlades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD]Liberal Overhaul+Rebalance
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2020, 07:03:38 pm »

iam using latest github lcs version 4.12.56 but in a multiple cities map i wont get all weapons at the stores :( is this not supported?

actually i belive they are not availab le bec of legality value? depends on game i guess?

i only get the new weapons from start if i choose nightmare mode along with anything else like cities for example
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 07:51:46 pm by Durian Hohlades »

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2020, 01:42:02 pm »

iam using latest github lcs version 4.12.56 but in a multiple cities map i wont get all weapons at the stores :( is this not supported?

actually i belive they are not availab le bec of legality value? depends on game i guess?

i only get the new weapons from start if i choose nightmare mode along with anything else like cities for example

I haven't worked on the mod in a while, but I think some weapons haven't been added to the stores yet. In the game files, weapons have to be listed in the pawn shop, department store, arms dealer (Gangsters and Mercs), or Oubliette before you can buy them.

Even if those weapons are implemented and listed in the stores, they may not be available due to legality. In my mod, gangsters and mercenaries should sell weapons regardless of legality, but only if I've added them to the armsdealer.xml file. Nevermind, I haven't done that yet.

I do not know about multiple cities mode, since it is unfinished and buggy (IIRC) so I don't play it.

I've been meaning to keep working on this mod, but I've been addicted to Fallout: New Vegas recently and I've got college back in session.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 10:18:40 pm by Taberone »

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2020, 10:29:04 pm »

Small update. P90 uses separate magazines from the FN Five SeveN now. It won't share ammo with the FN 5.7, but it's got 50 rounds of ass-kicking.

Some guns are already implemented in the shops, so you don't have to loot them off dead Conservatives. According to my notes, these are sold at the Pawnshop.

WEAPONS:
MAC-10
TEC-9
Tommy Gun
PPSH
Sawn-off
M14
Brass Knuckles
Spiked Knuckles
Tomahawk

CLIPS:
Battle Rifle (M14)
Sawn-off Shells (Sawn-off Shotgun)
Shotgun Drum (AA-12)

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2020, 10:05:42 pm »

Been a while since the last update due to things like college and my interest shifting to other games like New Vegas, but I've got something planned for the future: Entrenching tools (spades) as a new melee weapon.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2020, 11:33:15 am »

I'm sorry, but shouldn't a sawn-off shotgun use regular shotgun shells.  It's not the shells that got sawn off, its the barrel.
It's like how Assault Rifle clips work for the M-16, the M-4, and the AR-15.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2020, 09:55:57 pm »

I'm sorry, but shouldn't a sawn-off shotgun use regular shotgun shells.  It's not the shells that got sawn off, its the barrel.

It should, but the ammo system in LCS is fucked. Shotgun shells hold 8 rounds, so the Sawn-Off Shotgun would also hold 8 rounds if it shared ammo with the shotgun. The ammo system is based on "clips," none of which are interchangeable as far as I know. Ammo capacities are defined not by the weapon, but by the "clips" themselves.

It's like how the 9mm Pistol and 9mm SMG (The MP5) don't share bullets, despite both of them firing the same round.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2021, 09:20:51 am »

It should, but the ammo system in LCS is fucked. Shotgun shells hold 8 rounds, so the Sawn-Off Shotgun would also hold 8 rounds if it shared ammo with the shotgun. The ammo system is based on "clips," none of which are interchangeable as far as I know. Ammo capacities are defined not by the weapon, but by the "clips" themselves.

It's like how the 9mm Pistol and 9mm SMG (The MP5) don't share bullets, despite both of them firing the same round.

Belatedly, I don't know how viable this is, but perhaps an ammo combination/division mechanic could be implemented.

2x 9mm Pistol mag (15 rounds) = 1x 9mm SMG mag (30 rounds)
4x Sawed-off Shotgun "clip" (2 rounds) = 1x Shotgun "clip" (8 rounds)

And viceversa.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2021, 08:00:55 pm »

Belatedly, I don't know how viable this is, but perhaps an ammo combination/division mechanic could be implemented.

2x 9mm Pistol mag (15 rounds) = 1x 9mm SMG mag (30 rounds)
4x Sawed-off Shotgun "clip" (2 rounds) = 1x Shotgun "clip" (8 rounds)

And viceversa.

Would be nice. My modding knowledge is only related to editing xml files, though. I don't know any C++ or C# or whatever LCS uses for the "real" stuff.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2021, 12:25:55 pm »

Hm, with that explanation, the issue can be fixed with a rename, or by allowing the Sawn-Off shotgun to just have an 8 round clip.
The Sawn-Off shotgun, typically, has whatever clip size as it did with the full barrel.  So a pump-action is going to still have its 8 round clip.  But a double barrel would have 2 rounds (one per barrel).  Also, from the one sawn-off that I've seen, it's actually more of the stock that gets sawn-off than the barrel.  And its more replaced with a pistol grip than any actual sawing.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2021, 11:25:52 am »

Sawed-offs are typically breech-loaders rather than pump/semi-autos b/c the length of mechanisms under the barrel in non-breech-loaders put a limit on how far back you can saw off the barrel, and thus reduce the two main points of sawing off - concealment and wider shot spread. Both of those are gonna be hurt by going with the longer barrel length demanded by the magazine and any loading mechanisms underneath the barrel.
Pages: 1 2 [3]