Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Prosperous Universe: a browser based interstellar economy sim  (Read 15976 times)

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prosperous Universe: a browser based interstellar economy sim
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2019, 03:22:22 am »

Your money shouldn't go down without you actively placing bids on things.  You didn't have any buy orders outstanding that you'd forgotten about?  If not it sounds like a bug, maybe worth reporting it.

But yeah, game over is definitely possible if you end up making less from selling your products than you're needing to spend on consumables.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2019, 02:11:44 am »

Your money shouldn't go down without you actively placing bids on things.  You didn't have any buy orders outstanding that you'd forgotten about?  If not it sounds like a bug, maybe worth reporting it.

But yeah, game over is definitely possible if you end up making less from selling your products than you're needing to spend on consumables.

That was it. I looked in the log and I had a buy order for clothes. I forgot I guess about it. But to me that shows even if I didn't go on vacation, I wouldn't have been making enough agriculture products fast enough to also buy enough clothes. Granted haven't played since, so maybe prices are better? But at the time the market I was in the clothes were kinda expensive.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2019, 08:50:19 am »

Clothing prices have been generally trending down, although they're holding value better than drinking water or (especially) rations.

From reading the global chat, it seems like the game is on the verge of entering level 2 tech, but it sounds like a crippling lack of viable level 1 aluminum planets is holding us back.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2019, 09:07:30 am »

From reading the global chat, it seems like the game is on the verge of entering level 2 tech, but it sounds like a crippling lack of viable level 1 aluminum planets is holding us back.
A level 1 aluminum planet was found, I have my doubts it was there initially because looking through the systems I don't remember seeing anything noteworthy in that area, I was especially looking for aluminum too. Now how long it will take for the 5 people who settled there to ship large amounts of aluminum ore over to a trade hub is anyone's guess. The ore started to show up about 4 days ago, so its only a mater of time before you see the materials being sold in large enough amounts.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2019, 09:33:38 am »

It takes about 2.5 days to fly from that planet over to Montem at lowest fuel usage, not sure about to Promitor (but I imagine Montem's the better market for ALO). 

The question is who's going to be able to afford to go into t2.  At current ore & carbon prices it costs about 4k to make 1 AL (it seems to be selling at a loss just now) so getting those t2 construction parts will likely cost a lot.  It'll be a major money sink to start with too as once built there'll be little or no demand for most of the buildings' products and input costs for making those products will also be high.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2019, 06:47:28 pm »

Got started as a constructor-not sure about what I'm going to do where, I am, the market seems a bit empty. Making runs a few systems over to pick up iron and carbon so that I can produce something.

Honestly I wouldn't have shelled out for it if I had read into it and realized that I was buying access to the alpha and that the game itself would be on a subscription, but that's what I get for not reading. Money's out of my pocket now, although it wasn't much. It's a fancy browser game, but it's not a browser game that I think has enough value to justify paying for more then once.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2019, 08:02:29 pm »

The sites with free keys were all out? That's unfortunate.

Where'd you start? For whatever reason, Montem (and, to a lesser extent, its sister planet Vallis) seems to be where everyone has congregated. If you're not there, expect to be spending at least some of your time shuttling goods to/from the Montem market.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 08:13:49 pm by AlStar »

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2019, 09:19:59 am »

So apparently they have added new recipes that are faster for carbon, but you need to build a new one for the recipes to show up.
I'm wrong, the recipes are tied to your company, would have to coliq for them to update. I'm going to guess this will be tied into the payment model, which is going to be something like recipes will only update if you pay monthly, which will incentivize power creep development process. A dev(I think)(it was molp) showed up in chat just before I closed the window saying it will be fixed but this still worries me. I can see recipes being allowed to be developed by players and sold, so maybe its wont be as bad as I fear.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 09:29:43 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Rumble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2019, 02:13:00 pm »

Silicoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2019, 04:11:09 pm »

I have a friend key if anybody wants one... PM me.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2019, 05:21:56 pm »

So many new starts, market's gonna be chaos for a while I think (hopefully with lots of people wanting to buy H and SIO :p).

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2019, 09:26:14 pm »

Started a few days ago, restarted after looking at the Iron and Steel prices that i would be producing and the poor fate that awaited me if i intended to make a living with it. Now im producing silicon, transports on the way to make the first sale. 
Seems interesting so far, but there is a lack of players and the subscription model really makes me afraid of its future, but ill give it a try while it lasts.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2019, 02:44:33 am »

Started a few days ago, restarted after looking at the Iron and Steel prices that i would be producing and the poor fate that awaited me if i intended to make a living with it. Now im producing silicon, transports on the way to make the first sale. 
Seems interesting so far, but there is a lack of players and the subscription model really makes me afraid of its future, but ill give it a try while it lasts.
So you're my competition!  I noticed you start up on the same planet as me (via the 'site owners' chat group).

Silicon Ore is not in huge demand unfortunately cos it's only used for one thing at tier 1, MCG, which isn't required in particularly large quantities (apparently buildings required more of it in the previous test) and only a couple things at tier 2, in even lower quantities.  It does sell a bit, but not as fast as that planet produces it I don't think.  Though maybe that'll change with all the new players recently.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2019, 11:58:10 pm »

Randomly curious - how do the rest of you have your UIs set up? Mine probably tells of the fact that I've never set foot off my initial planet (and don't plan to any time soon):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2019, 01:11:42 am »

My main screen:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I also have a screen with all 5 markets showing and a screen where I've bookmarked certain planets that can be settled with the starter base module.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8