Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Elk men omnivorous?  (Read 794 times)

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
Elk men omnivorous?
« on: May 14, 2019, 03:24:02 pm »

While playing as an elk man in adventurer mode, I noticed that I could eat both meat and plants, which is more than a little odd to me as, so far as I know, real-world elk are not omnivorous, and animal people seem to follow the diets of their real-world counterparts. Does anyone know why elk men are apparently omnivorous?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Elk men omnivorous?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 03:47:19 pm »

Does it work correctly for any other animal people in adventurer mode?  I'd be kind of surprised if it did, since the only way to signify something is an herbivore in DF is to make it a grazer, and I don't think that works completely for sapient creatures in fort mode.  I wouldn't be surprised if the game ignored the tag on adventurers entirely.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 04:26:06 pm »

Creatures that you would expect to be carnivorous (E.G. tigers, jaguars, ocelots) have their animal people variants be carnivorous. But no, I didn't check with animal people that would be expected to be herbivorous other than elk men.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 04:31:11 pm »

I'm pretty sure there's a tag for carnivores, but not herbivores, which I guess works in adventurer mode.  It's kind of surprising and annoying that there's no herbivore tag, since I've wanted to use such a tag in mods before.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 05:54:54 pm »

Well thanks for clearing that up