Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Trading-Card-Game - THREAD B - 7 decks made!  (Read 6287 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Trading-Card-Game - THREAD B - 7 decks made!
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2019, 07:39:27 am »

VS Kashyyk

I draw a card...

I'll play Crystal Cluster since its a free card I can play.

Creating two energy crystals.

I will then play Deathknight!

Its star cost is reduced by the amount of cards you have in play, which is 4 so I get to play it for only 1 star!

That ends my turn.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2019, 07:59:52 am »

Jeez, scary cards everywhere.

I gain a Battle Droid, draw a card, and play Construction Drone.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I sacrifice it to search my deck for and then play Crystal Mine.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2019, 04:25:28 pm »

VS Kashyyk

Oh geez. Do you have like, ten construction drones in your deck or something? Oh well. I draw...

Okay. I can stop this from turning into a catastrophe! I play Corpserot Disease!

This deals 1 damage to all of your cards! Both Battle Droids and the Mobile Artillery are destroyed and sent to my discard pile. Perimiter Defense now has 2 hearts, Robotic Assembly Line now has 2 hearts and Crystal Mine now has 1 heart.

Deathknight attacks the Perimiter Defense which destroys it and deals 2 damage to the Deathknight.

Endless Horde is now free to attack the Crystal Mine for 1 damage, finishing it off!

This ends my turn. Sorry about ruining your setup with such brutal efficiency.

You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2019, 04:39:55 pm »

Gah. I just want those crystals gosh darn it! I've not drawn a single mine yet, and I'm gonna run out of construction drones soon.

I start my turn, get a new Battle Droid and draw a card.

Fine. Be like that deck. I play another Mobile Artillery and end my turn.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2019, 04:57:50 pm »

VS Kashyyk

I draw a card... And you escape the worst case scenario. For now.

I play Endless Horde!

I'll attack your Robotic Assembly Line with my Deathknight to destroy it
And I'll attack your Battle Droid with my older Endless Horde to destroy it. That horde now has 1 heart.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 05:01:59 pm by Supernerd »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2019, 05:33:47 pm »

I draw a card. Not really what I wanted right now. My main hope here is that you run out of cards before I run out of hearts.

I play no Cards, and end my turn.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2019, 06:05:08 pm »

VS Kashyyk

Well, I have gone through like half my deck. But things will get nasty long before I run out of cards. First I draw...

This again? I don't really have much to discard. But I guess playing it is still the ideal move right now. But first...

My Endless Horde (with 1 heart left) attacks your Mobile Artillery, and both are destroyed. A copy of Endless Horde is created in my hand and I gain 1 star.

Next I will play Call of the Grave!

Discarding these two cards.

Spoiler: Discarded (click to show/hide)

Two more Endless Horde cards are creatd and added to my hand and I gain 2 more stars, which I didn't even need. This also activates two effects! Rolls are 1 and 4. You take 2 damage and I draw a card.

And since that didn't count to my limit I will now play... Vengeful Spirit from my Discard Pile! That should eliminate any silly ideas of waiting for me to run out of cards.

Endless Horde and Deathknight attack you directly to deal 1 and 5 damage respectively.

This ends my turn.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2019, 06:26:00 pm »

I draw my next card and then play Deployment Initiative, giving me two Battle Droid tokens.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can't attack with them yet, so I end my turn.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2019, 06:33:18 pm »

VS Kashyyk

Not giving up yet I see. I draw a card...

Now you get to see a new card! Might be a bit late for it to really shine though. I play Undying Skeleton at the cost of 1 Star!

I'll attack one droid with Deathknight and one droid with Endless Horde, destroying both droids and dealing 1 damage to those attackers. Then I'll attack you directly with Vengeful Spirit to deal 3 damage! (Also I think you may have forgot to deduct the 2 hearts from Call of the Grave)

This ends my turn. You have two Mega Tanks in your hand right now don't you? Umm... Good luck!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2019, 06:38:43 pm »

They're actually not both Mega-Tanks, but that doesn't make them any more useful to me right now.

I draw a card, then play Perimeter Defence, ending my turn.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2019, 06:44:59 pm »

VS Kashyyk

Looks like its all but over. By technicality I have to draw a card, but I lack any cards that would screw me over in this situation just by drawing them.

I attack Perimiter Defense with Undying Skeleton to destroy it, and then attack you directly with Deathknight and Vengeful Spirit to deal 8 damage. I'm pretty sure that's game.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2019, 07:30:02 pm »

Yup. That's game. I had in my hand a Mega-Tank (you were right with your initial attempt to steal it) and a Plutorinium Reactor. I was holding out for any crystals at all before I played it, cos I don't have very many in my deck.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2019, 07:49:33 pm »

Yeah, it would have been a mistake to play that thing while I had control of the field. Your deck seems to lack two things. Draw power and Star power. You sort of "Burned out" in the first half of the game until your hand dwindled to only have one card, and I think that the reactor might be your only method of getting stars. Your main combat cards are perimeter defense, which is a fantastic card for defense at least in the early game, and the Mega Tank which is pretty much your ticket to winning in every game.

So what did you think of my deck? I'm pretty sure at least one of those cards was horribly horribly broken.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2019, 02:00:18 am »

Yeah, the Reactor is my only star generator, but other than the Mega-Tank nothing I drew actually needed stars.

What really hamstringed me was my lack of  Energy Crystal's, and between my deck not giving me many, and you trashing the ones I bought, I think you ended up playing with more Energy Crystals this game than I did!

Although changing my construction drones'ability to let me draw an extra card,  or play an extra card, or sacrifice and pull from the deck might be a reasonable idea.

Your deck was quite a challenge to play against. Your ability to hammer through my defences just as I was starting up my war machine was pretty crippling, and kept me on the back foot the entire game.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 02:08:27 am by Kashyyk »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2019, 02:52:57 pm »

Your construction drones are already one of the better cards in the game. I don't think those need to be made even stronger.

Anyway, did anyone else want to challenge me?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8