00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240962 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #2100 on: April 11, 2020, 04:47:53 pm »

"Please do so.  Do not try to deceive me again."
wait what, do what?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: April 11, 2020, 04:48:27 pm »

Write up a better list.  I think you may have missed the last update.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: April 11, 2020, 04:50:47 pm »

Ah yes, I’m sorry, this game I;ve missed updates more than usual

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: April 11, 2020, 04:51:40 pm »

No worries.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: April 11, 2020, 05:49:48 pm »

The Pontifex scrambles back to his desk, and is all a flurry with business, pulling out folders and looking through them. The list of twenty, you've noticed, has been shortened to seven individuals.

Monica Colgan is now at the top of the list, with the same picture. Beneath her Jane Morris, an Officer from something called SEED's special services, with high rank but no official posting. Lauren Lee, embedded propaganda officer, who constantly assures the public that the war is doing well, and who has deep ties to General Hardy. George Montblanc, a Junior Officer of SEED who is a member of the Montblanc family, who is publically supporting General Hardy, in exchange for military kickbacks.

"Sounds familiar." Emma murmurs, bluntly.

The next is Ryan Morris, a wealthy local governor for the Suburb District, he's been accused of breeding poverty in the area to provide plenty of poor recruits and debt-slaves to the war machine. Sally Edwards, a captain known for her brutal and sadistic execution of her soldiers at the slightest provocation, she's in charge of a penal battalion made up of debt slaves, stationed in the suburbs. Tiffany Linc is next, a local heretic preacher who has been forming a cult against you, stating you are a [demon].

"She might be right."

"There, there! Those should be the best I can offer." The Pontifex states, lifting his ink-stained hands from the desk. You look through the photos of the seven idly.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: April 11, 2020, 06:00:24 pm »

Ahh-ha.

Take up and burn away the old list. Let the power drip from our words, soft and heavy. "Thank you. You've been useful to me, Brother Pontifex... if you've any sense, you'll continue to be useful to me. Only remember this..."

And now let our will rise in earnest. "...by your word, because it deceived me, I was to strike down the god of this world. What do you think I could do to you for the same?"

---

"I will not be wielded. Not by you, Brother, not by any like you. Remember this, do not attempt it again-- and when the new age dawns upon this world, you will find a place there for yourself still."
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: April 11, 2020, 06:01:34 pm »

That does look like a better list.  How about Monica Colgan, Jane Morris, Lauren Lee, George Montblanc, and lastly Tiffany Linc if time allows?

Ahh-ha.

Take up and burn away the old list. Let the power drip from our words, soft and heavy. "Thank you. You've been useful to me, Brother Pontifex... if you've any sense, you'll continue to be useful to me. Only remember this..."

And now let our will rise in earnest. "...by your word, because it deceived me, I was to strike down the god of this world. What do you think I could do to you for the same?"

---

"I will not be wielded. Not by you, Brother, not by any like you. Remember this, do not attempt it again-- and when the new age dawns upon this world, you will find a place there for yourself still."

+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: April 11, 2020, 06:03:55 pm »

That does look like a better list.  How about Monica Colgan, Jane Morris, Lauren Lee, George Montblanc, and lastly Tiffany Linc if time allows?

Ahh-ha.

---

+1
+1 but we should also update Iyal on the list changes

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: April 11, 2020, 06:04:26 pm »

We will, momentarily. Gotta figure out who we're killing first, if anyone.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: April 11, 2020, 06:08:09 pm »

Monica Colgan, Jane Morris, Lauren Lee, George Montblanc, and Sally Edwards

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: April 11, 2020, 06:15:37 pm »

[5] [16/18 vs 12]The paper crackles in your hand, and the will crackles in your voice as you lean over the table, dressing down the Pontifex. He bristles, rising-- but between the wild lash of Emma's willpower and your more carefully directed burst he staggers down, going very pale.

[18] "I...I understand. I am...I am sorry Sister Alphira. I understand." He's speaking the truth for now. The Pontifex is a defeated man, slumping into his chair, his hands limp by his sides. "I understand. I am sorry."

Emma rises from her seat, starting out the door after staring The Pontifex down for a few moments longer. She isn't smiling but holds the door open for you sullenly. Her radio gives a chime, and she lifts it to her ear.

"Outlander is ready." You know it's only been two and a half hours, so you raise a brow to Emma, who shrugs. "They haven't moved out yet, but they're operational."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: April 11, 2020, 06:20:31 pm »

Leave the Pontifex’s building, tell Iyal about the new list

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: April 11, 2020, 06:43:53 pm »

Hm. Do we want to start our assassinations before or after the military convening?

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: April 11, 2020, 06:46:15 pm »

"Hold on. We're bringing you an updated list." Emma speaks gently into the radio as the two of you leave the Grand Cathedral.

You walk through the streets of the Holy City, Emma and your guards falling behind quietly. Emma sullen, Sarah not needing to speak. Snow pours from the heavens, clumping into mush on the warm streets of the city. Most of the buildings around you are dark, and life doesn't return to them until you reach the suburbs. You pass by bars, pass the drunks missing limbs, hunched over bottles of cheap liquor. Some openly weep, some are grim-faced in their sadness.

[20] All go silent when they see you pass by in full panoply, dropping do their knees in humble prayer. A few offer you their bottles, and before you know it, a crowd has gathered around you. Many are drunk yes, but they do not disrespect you, maintaining a clear circle around you-- but you come to a stop, especially as the crowd grows. No two are the same, men and women, young and old, but they all share one similarity -- they have a hollow look to their eyes that you know too well.

"Mother Alphira." A scarred blond is the one who speaks to you, and her face nags at a memory, "What can we do? How can we serve? How can we help? Please."

There are outliers, you notice, in the crowd, those who do not drop to their knees in worship. Emma is watching them like a bird of prey, a hand on a las-gun. Hostility radiates off of them towards you, but they do not approach.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: April 11, 2020, 07:06:52 pm »

Embrace her.

"My heart weeps for you, my children who have suffered so yet remain resolute and faithful.  The winds of change are blowing, and the storm clouds that menace this Holy City will recede into the horizon in just a little while.  It is always darkest before the dawn, but the sun always rises to banish the shadows of night."

"You must hold on a little while yet, and continue on as best you can.  Your bravery and integrity are inspiring in these troubled times.  I will bring you the victory you deserve."

We should look into SEED's "special services" division.  These may be the people SEED will employ to attempt to assassinate us.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 08:41:40 pm by ZBridges »
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 381